lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

proof weird shit happens in last 30 seconds of nba

mwp inbounds the ball to jason smith with 1.9 seconds left, 2 point game, 3 point spread

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

potentially stronger proof that MWP is fukked in the head.

lunchbawks
    NB#

he was screaming at the refs and didn't a tech also in that exact same play

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Nope. Everything's on the level in the NBA. Nothing to see here.

hawley

didn't watch but not surprised really.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

the play before where they waste 6 seconds while down by 4 makes much less sense than not fouling with 1 second left.

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

I imagine there are alot of bookies in Queensbridge. Ron is making cash ;p.

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

these fix arguments never get old lol

lunchbawks
    NB#

conley also in the grizz game that had the open basket and lost his dribble 24 seconds left...5pt game, gave Clipjoint a chance at +4

hawley

Conley has been involved in some strange finishes this season.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Conley has been involved in some strange finishes this season.
    Conley's fishiness is well-documented. He's at the top of the "suspect" list as far as I'm concerned.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

The only reason I started wagering was because I was convinced games are fixed. I was never a sports fan, and never someone who needed the rush. I just felt it was common sense that games were fixed. 90% of games go through the same kind of pattern, and it's so easy see where it goes.

I want to know how we can use this info to make money. The 90% naive idiots who don't believe its fixed can stay and handicap all they want, I don't care. But us guys should be able to band together and make some money.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I have a feeling Utah will now cover the original number but lose SU to SA.

Watch.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

It wasn't Conley, it was OJ Mayo.

superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

My personal favorite was a few years ago. 5 team parlay, all 4 hit. Raptors gotta be within 7, down 5 with less than a minute to play. Calderon goes over half, then randomly runs back and gets called for the over and back. Other team scores. Coming back up court, makes a cross court pass with nobody there, out of bounds, other team scores to be up 9 and parlay crushed.

It happens.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

that was a ******* joke and I didnt lose a dime on that game

Landrew
    Landrew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3134

It happens. It happens a lot when I bet.
    World Peace, I wanted that over but needed NOLO +3.5. Thanks for trying though.

talbotia
    talbotia's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    The only reason I started wagering was because I was convinced games are fixed. I was never a sports fan, and never someone who needed the rush. I just felt it was common sense that games were fixed. 90% of games go through the same kind of pattern, and it's so easy see where it goes.

I want to know how we can use this info to make money. The 90% naive idiots who don't believe its fixed can stay and handicap all they want, I don't care. But us guys should be able to band together and make some money.
    yea its just like a soap operah! like who is going to die next on days of our lives!!
    your an idiot, go troll on some other forum

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

lmao... how moronic can a human being be o believe the entire first 47.6 minutes of the game are designed to setup for it to be that close, etc.If the game was fixed they wouldnt let them come down to something so miniscule. Also heres a question. For all the games in the week, how many did something "weird happen in the last 30 seconds". And what exactly is something weird??? Someone hitting a shot, making a foul, making a turnover??? That happens all the time, HELLO. Now that being said I am sure fixes happen sometimes. I am also sure THEY DO NOT take place in the manner that you read all the time here on SBR. "He hit a 3 at the buzzer, game was fixed". Are you people for real???

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by superjeff24 View Post
    My personal favorite was a few years ago. 5 team parlay, all 4 hit. Raptors gotta be within 7, down 5 with less than a minute to play. Calderon goes over half, then randomly runs back and gets called for the over and back. Other team scores. Coming back up court, makes a cross court pass with nobody there, out of bounds, other team scores to be up 9 and parlay crushed.

It happens.
    I was talking to Calderon after that game. I asked him what was up with those turnovers, and he said "There's this dude called superjeff24 who posts on SBR, and he had this 5 team parlay going, and he's hit the first 4 and he only needed us to cover 5 points to win it, so I decided to **** it up for him."

Yep, that's what happens.

1. You guys have all heard most NBA players in press conferences. Do we seriously think that the majority of them are intelligent enough to rig an entire league without it being blatantly obvious?

2. If the ending of a game is rigged, then as warriorfan said, the preceeding 47.5 minutes need to also be "following the plan" to get it to the point where 1 turnover can swing the entire result.

3. There are 2 teams playing in this sport. If 1 team is working for a rigged result, they also need the other team to "play ball". There is no way in hell that teams are both working towards a fixed result. "Hey Dwight, stop blocking my shots man. I thought we agreed we're going for the over?" This isn't wrestling.

4. Timeouts are mic'ed up and televised. Has anyone ever seriously listened to a coach's 20 second timeout play-call and heard him say "right, we're down by 4, so we don't want to hit this last-second shot otherwise we'll cover the spread"??? Nope.

These guys get paid astronomical amounts of money to play a sport that they love. In order to make it to the NBA, you have to show that you have sheer talent, pride in your game, absolute killer instinct and an unwaivering determination to win. Anyone who thinks that these guys have any other thought in their head other than to hit shots and win games is out of their mind. You cannot win money betting on this sport if you think the outcome is predetermined.

Sure, I've had bad beats where I lost big bucks because Nate Robinson chucked up a meaningless last-second 3 (for example), but this is sports betting. This is an example of a guy who is thinking of nothing other than put the ball through the hoop.

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

I lost the bet so the only obvious solution is it was rigged. Of course according to the genius up top we're the 10% (a figure he pulled right out of his ass) naive idiots who just can't see it's fixed. If it were fixed You would have had many a whistle blower over the years of players who were approached to "Play ball". No way what something that big be ept that tight a secret by every team in the NBA lmao.