brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

So I know the Cavs blow but...

Seriously? +8 dogs to the Raptors? This is the exact same line they gave the Bobcats the other day when they played Toronto and only lost by 5. The Cavs lost by 9 to Milwaukee. I think the Cavs can cover 8. I think Vegas is rolling with Cavs shitty spell and riding on Raptors victory over Philly emotions. Anyone else got any opinions?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Do you know Irving is OUT?

brainfreeze0

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Do you know Irving is OUT?
    Yes sir, but still can't equate them to the Bobcats.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze0 View Post
    Yes sir, but still can't equate them to the Bobcats.
    OK. Just making sure.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lost by 9 to the Bucks who let up in the 3Q. Anthony Parker went off too

brainfreeze0

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Lost by 9 to the Bucks who let up in the 3Q. Anthony Parker went off too
    I could totally see Raptors coming into this overconfident after their recent streak plus blowout over a team like Philly, playing at home against a team everyone feels is shitty. Cavs won't want to lose to a mediocre team like the Raptors so they will come focused imo. Could be wrong but like you said before, sometimes you have to go with your gut...

Frisco

Yea and the pick that coincided w/ going w/ my gut was a loser lol. (wiz 1H).

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Seriously? +8 dogs to the Raptors? This is the exact same line they gave the Bobcats the other day when they played Toronto and only lost by 5. The Cavs lost by 9 to Milwaukee. I think the Cavs can cover 8. I think Vegas is rolling with Cavs shitty spell and riding on Raptors victory over Philly emotions. Anyone else got any opinions?
    MIL played absolutely no D ever, Cavs just shot better 2nd half and they got a ton of offensive rebs because MIL wasn't hitting the boards hard because the Cavs can't play D at all and even tho they were scoring easy the Bucks would just come back down the floor and nail their own shot.

Toronto also owns the Cavs this year... and that is with Irving/others b4 their injuries and trades

brainfreeze0

Yea and the pick that coincided w/ going w/ my gut was a loser lol. (wiz 1H).

lol I remember because thats the one we were on opposite sides of the fence about. Obviously every bet is going with your gut after weighing all of the fators and trends. I mean Cavs are on a 9 game losin streak. You got to think given the chance to play a team that is the only realistic chance they have of ending the losing streak they will be coming with their A game. I wouldn't be surprised if they won this one ML, but Im obv taking the points.

Frisco

GL. I'm leaning Raptors and might just include them in a 4 point teaser.

brainfreeze0

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    MIL played absolutely no D ever, Cavs just shot better 2nd half and they got a ton of offensive rebs because MIL wasn't hitting the boards hard because the Cavs can't play D at all and even tho they were scoring easy the Bucks would just come back down the floor and nail their own shot.

Toronto also owns the Cavs this year... and that is with Irving/others b4 their injuries and trades
    Their defense isn't worse than Bobcats. Bobcats is absolute shit. I'd take the Bucks -13 right now in tomorrows game if I wasnt hoping the spread might drop by chance.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Their defense isn't worse than Bobcats. Bobcats is absolute shit. I'd take the Bucks -13 right now in tomorrows game if I wasnt hoping the spread might drop by chance.
    as of right this moment, yes... the Cavs r dogshit, they only covered full game vs MIL because MIL didn't give a shit if they won by 14, 20, or 4. Cavs got ton of 2nd chance bunnies with O-boards, AP had his game of the year, and MIL basically let them drive to the hoop or dish out for a wide open shot the entire 2nd half... and only a little better did they play on D in the first half when they were up 14 @ half.

Just trying to warn you, much better games to bet.

Frisco

Lil off topic but really looking forward to the Knicks at the Bucks next wednesday. Should be a good one w/ major playoff implications

brainfreeze0

as of right this moment, yes... the Cavs r dogshit, they only covered full game vs MIL because MIL didn't give a shit if they won by 14, 20, or 4. Cavs got ton of 2nd chance bunnies with O-boards, AP had his game of the year, and MIL basically let them drive to the hoop or dish out for a wide open shot the entire 2nd half... and only a little better did they play on D in the first half when they were up 14 @ half.

Just trying to warn you, much better games to bet.

Did you watch the Bobcats play the Hawks? The Hawks didn't even try. They took shots with ease. Cavs D is better than the Bobcats, it's not even close. Bobcats D is ranked the worst in the NBA.

brainfreeze0

Lil off topic but really looking forward to the Knicks at the Bucks next wednesday. Should be a good one w/ major playoff implications
    Id imagine the spread will be around +4 to the Knicks for that game.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Curiously enough, the Cavs have been playing in closer games recently without Kyrie Irving. They only lost to Milwaukee away by 9 a few days ago without him while losing by 40 at home to the (albeit much superior) Spurs.

Just before that though they lost by a very misleading 15 point game against the knicks without Kyrie- in a hard-fought game until the very end when a few Knicks players started going off and hitting some pretty ridiculous shots.

With Kyrie against Mil at home right before that, they lost by 30.

The 3 games before that with Kyrie were blowouts by an average of 18 points.

I'm not saying that hes not a great player, because im one of his biggest fans, but recent history would indicate that the Cavs are maybe a hungrier team without him right now. They really battled in that last game against Milwaukee. That combined with the fact that the Cavs are a better road team would push me over to pick the Cavs in this game if I had to.

For the record, I am not putting any money on this game because I know how unpredictable the Cavs have been over the past few weeks but if I had to, given my knowledge of the cavs, I would lean CLE to cover the spread.

brainfreeze0

Without their star player the starting line up knows they have to step up and fill the gap instead of leaning on him to make ends meet. Thats my take on it. Good observation btw...

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

The Raptors have totally owned the Cavs over past years including this year. Even when the Raps were battered with injuries and the Cavs were healthy it was easy for Toronto to go into Cleveland and kick their asses up and down the court

also the game in toronto earlier in the year. Total blowout , watched the game, and the Cavs had Verajao and everyone healthy

brainfreeze0

Well if I lose, I'll lose gracefully

nocturnal012
    nocturnal012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12022

i've been quite successful in betting on and against cavs this season and this is one of those games that i feel like they could cover or even win su. i don't know why but it seems like cavs always play harder away from home and they're probably going to put much more effort into this game to avoid being swept by the raptors. also, the line is way too inflated for a team that is 20-35. bookies are taking the win over philly too much into consideration.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

I might tease the Raps at -1 . I have the other 2 games set.

Everyone and their brother on sbr and on covers are on the Cavs

brainfreeze0

ses_d
    ses_d's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5040

nice call man

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Of course Antawn Jamison comes through with the biggest quarter of his 15 year career scoring 20 of the 30 total points in the 4th quarter and pulling down several key rebounds when the only thing relevant to the Cavs is getting a higher pick for a better sidekick to Kyrie. Exactly the opposite kind of performances he was putting on during the end of the Lebron era...guys on the bench were even cracking up about it. At least we officially have our backup PG in Hudson as well as the confirmed evidence to play the cavs on the road without kyrie down the stretch with these vets (Parker, Jamison) still fighting hard.
    Last edited by therushishere; 04-06-12 at 09:33 PM.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Raptors made this easy

who the Cavs play next?

brainfreeze0

Btw, I decided not to bet this game. Figured Bucks might get lazy in the 4th. Who'd of thought theyd suck the entire game against Charlotte.

brainfreeze0

Raptors made this easy

who the Cavs play next?

Fri 6 @ Toronto Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON 7:30 PM FSO WTAM 1100
    Sun 8 @ New Jersey Prudential Center, Newark, NJ 6:00 PM FSO WTAM 1100
    Tue 10 vs Bobcats Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH 7:00 PM FSO FM 100.7 WMMS
    Wed 11 vs Pacers Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH 7:00 PM FSO WTAM 1100
    Fri 13 @ Indiana Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN 7:00 PM FSO FM 100.7 WMMS
    Sat 14 @ Washington Verizon Center, Washington, DC 7:00 PM FSO FM 100.7 WMMS
    Sun 15 vs Magic Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH 6:00 PM FSO-WUAB WTAM 1100
    Tue 17 @ Detroit Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI 7:30 PM FSO WTAM 1100
    Wed 18 vs 76ers Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH 7:00 PM FSO WTAM 1100
    Fri 20 vs Knicks Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH 7:30 PM FSO WTAM 1100
    Sun 22 @ San Antonio AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX 7:00 PM FSO FM 100.7 WMMS
    Mon 23 @ Memphis FedExForum, Memphis, TN 8:00 PM FSO WTAM 1100
    Wed 25 vs Wizards Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH 7:00 PM FSO WTAM 1100
    Thu 26 @ Chicago United Center, Chicago, IL 8:00 PM FSO-WUAB WTAM 1100
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 12-02-14 at 10:38 AM.