Crofta
    Crofta's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do players really know???

I am sure some of you guys may know this for sure but do players really know the lines before they go out to play?

I know its in the media everywhere but when you are playing most nights, do they really care if the line is -8 or -9.5?

Now, for those who subscribe to the theory that games are fixed, then of course you will answer "yes".

However, take that out of the equation, do you really think they know or care??

Do you try harder if youare -1 or +1? I wouldnt think so...but who knows???

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

They know. I don't how many times I've heard a player say something to the effect of, "We came in as double digit underdogs and won!"

Tommy Tubberville has even referenced the spread after some of their wins too.

They know. If you were a player wouldn't you check out the line to see what the experts thought?

BeardedTaco
    BeardedTaco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

If I was a player I would def look at the lines for spreads and totals (opener vs closer) to get a better idea of how some of the smartest ppl in the world see the game playing out.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spoken to a few college basketball players at NC State and they say they are always aware of the lines. No way of confirming this but i wouldn't be shocked if they have bet on their games.

Hard not to get tempted by $$ when Mario Williams is driving around campus in his Ferrari all the damn time.

Crofta
    Crofta's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok, I understand to a degree, but if you play for the Cavs and are playing SAS, you know you are major dog. Why care if you are 14 or 18 point dog unless there is funny business going on.

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

^Because there probably is funny business goin on