No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I guess I'm crazy and those books are just really good....

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Astonishing to me that you are unable to realize that it is inevitable that over the course of the season some games will land on the total or be extremely close.

Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Anyone who watched the game knows that they saw the game spread/total manipulated. The reason why is the only unknown

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by Illusivecone View Post
    Anyone who watched the game knows that they saw the game spread/total manipulated. The reason why is the only unknown
    Then they did a really shitty job of manipulating the result. They leave it to the very last play of the night and only beat the closing number on the over by half a point. The number was at 182.5 early, so i hope the syndicate was on the late number.

40% of all Americans don't believe in the theory of evolution either. Doesn't mean they are correct.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    Astonishing to me that you are unable to realize that it is inevitable that over the course of the season some games will land on the total or be extremely close.
    Unless you watched the last few minutes of that game, don't bother commenting.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was on the right side of that Evans foul
    i had teased the over.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Anyone watch the end of the Celts/Bobcats game? I refuse to put any money on the Bobcats after that showing. All I hear from the announcers is why are they taking so long to get down the court, why aren't they fouling right away. That team is an embarrassment.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    Then they did a really shitty job of manipulating the result. They leave it to the very last play of the night and only beat the closing number on the over by half a point. The number was at 182.5 early, so i hope the syndicate was on the late number.

40% of all Americans don't believe in the theory of evolution either. Doesn't mean they are correct.
    I see where you are coming from. People cry fix when a player hits a meaningless three at the buzzer. I try to tell them that if it was fixed, it would never come down to that. You can't control a guy making a shot like that.

With that said, it wasn't just the last foul. It's like everything picked up to ensure it hit.

There is no way I can prove it but how do you explain a guy fouling in the backcourt up 13 with 6 seconds left? He literally fouled on the inbounds pass. Coaches tell their players to stay away when they are up 4 with 6 seconds left.

Why foul, let the the team have free points, then dribble the clock out?

It wasn't just that play. It was a number of things. It was like they were soon everything they could to get there. All of these fouls late in a game that was already decided has to make you wonder.

I used to think people were just crying because they lost and then I started noticing these type of things every night.

If you foul a 83% shooter, he most likely makes 1.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I see where you are coming from. People cry fix when a player hits a meaningless three at the buzzer. I try to tell them that if it was fixed, it would never come down to that. You can't control a guy making a shot like that.

With that said, it wasn't just the last foul. It's like everything picked up to ensure it hit.

There is no way I can prove it but how do you explain a guy fouling in the backcourt up 13 with 6 seconds left? He literally fouled on the inbounds pass. Coaches tell their players to stay away when they are up 4 with 6 seconds left.

It wasn't just that play. It was a number of things. It was like they were soon everything they could to get there. All of these fouls late in a game that was already decided has to make you wonder.

I used to think people were just crying because they lost and then I started noticing these type of things every night.

Again, 23 points in under 5 minutes to end it.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

23 points in the last 4:42 means absolutely nothing. That kind of shit happens all the time.

ALL THE TIME

No Coin, you need help bro.

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Crofta View Post
    Anyone remember that Thunder Mavs game I think last season where the under was shot with about 1.30 to play. They needed about 15 pts and the score wasn’t even close as Thunder by DD.

Stevenson (I think) hit couple treys and then with about 10 sec to go with still a 3 required for the over, OKC get defensive rebound it and instead of running out the time, Durant handed the ball to the ref?

Ball gets given to Dallas from the inbound, they hit a 3 again and goes over by 1 or 2?

Most heartbreaking way to lose an under bet....
    wow never seen this before, can see him running time down and turnover but not running time and gives to ref?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

they all in on it....the coaches , players ,refs....it is subtle so you the viewer thinks it real..it is all scripted. when you bet , you guessing on what side the script is supposed to win and cover

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

23 points in the last 4:42 means absolutely nothing. That kind of shit happens all the time.

ALL THE TIME

No Coin, you need help bro.
    Did you watch the game? Answer the question.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Does anyone have the video of the final foul ? The Clips made their shot and it looked like Evans jumped in and fouled immediately which I have never seen before given the cirumstances. I wasnt even convinced it was a foul to be honest and the refs just blew the easy whistle.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    Does anyone have the video of the final foul ? The Clips made their shot and it looked like Evans jumped in and fouled immediately which I have never seen before given the cirumstances. I wasnt even convinced it was a foul to be honest and the refs just blew the easy whistle.
    It happened "off camera" and about 90 feet from the basket, basically immediately after the ball was inbounded.

MatI

Everything picked up, but it normally does in the 4th qtr. The lead the Clips had was not enough to guarantee a win. 3 or 4 missed shots in a row by them and it could easily have been a two shot ball game. And again, they didn't do a very good job to 'ensure' it hits, they got it done with 6 seconds left. That is pathetic if they are trying to fix a result, and if i was involved in the syndicate i would be very pissed.

The foul in the backcourt IMO was annoying, but only because as sports gamblers, some of us had something riding on it. The Clips bench was on the floor as the game was over by that stage. They are only getting limited minutes as is, do you expect them to not play hard for the time they are on court? These are the times the have to impress. If Clips were 1 point down with 6 secs left, I would fully expect them to foul in that situation. Clips players might have been told to play hard to the end, play as if the game is on the line. No starters were on the court, so its good practice for them.

That makes a lot more sense to me than any 'David Stern wanted the game to go over!' talk. Sure, games are fixed every now and then, but not in these types of situations and not anywhere near as much as the SBR tinfoil hat brigade would like to think. They would do a lot better job of it than this.

And I was on the under.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Everything picked up, but it normally does in the 4th qtr. The lead the Clips had was not enough to guarantee a win. 3 or 4 missed shots in a row by them and it could easily have been a two shot ball game. And again, they didn't do a very good job to 'ensure' it hits, they got it done with 6 seconds left. That is pathetic if they are trying to fix a result, and if i was involved in the syndicate i would be very pissed.

The foul in the backcourt IMO was annoying, but only because as sports gamblers, some of us had something riding on it. The Clips bench was on the floor as the game was over by that stage. They are only getting limited minutes as is, do you expect them to not play hard for the time they are on court? These are the times the have to impress. If Clips were 1 point down with 6 secs left, I would fully expect them to foul in that situation. Clips players might have been told to play hard to the end, play as if the game is on the line. No starters were on the court, so its good practice for them.

That makes a lot more sense to me than any 'David Stern wanted the game to go over!' talk. Sure, games are fixed every now and then, but not in these types of situations and not anywhere near as much as the SBR tinfoil hat brigade would like to think. They would do a lot better job of it than this.

And I was on the under.
    Why not in these situations? Game's over; foul doesn't affect anything result-wise.

Starters weren't on the court, but you make it sound like the waterboys were in the game. Reggie Evans committed the foul; he gets pretty significant minutes off their bench.

This was a 23-point game midway through the fourth quarter. It never got closer than 11. You make it sound like the result was at some point in doubt.

MatI

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Why not in these situations? Game's over; foul doesn't affect anything result-wise.

Starters weren't on the court, but you make it sound like the waterboys were in the game. Reggie Evans committed the foul; he gets pretty significant minutes off their bench.

This was a 23-point game midway through the fourth quarter. It never got closer than 11. You make it sound like the result was at some point in doubt.
    What i meant by not in these situations, is that if you were going to fix a result you do a lot better job of it than beating the closer by half a point and with 6 seconds left. That is not doing a good job and you would be pissing off whoever you were fixing for. IMO, when people bring up last second covers or ones that hit by half a point are looking in the wrong place.

Reggie Evans gets about 15mins per game. I don't really consider that significant. And if it was a close game, he would be on the bench.

Yes, it was 23 point game halfway through the 4th, im aware of that, i was watching the game because I had money riding on it. Not even 2 mins later though and the water boys make a couple of mistakes and it was down to 15points. And that is when a TO was called because at 15 pts, a couple more mistakes from the Clips and it is anyone's game.

I think it much more likely they were told to play hard and play as if every possession counted right to the end. Otherwise they did a really really bad job of covering the total. No syndicate is going to be giving Reggie Evans his commission for that going, 'good job, great work last night, more of that please'.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Me too. I actually pointed this out last year to a die-hard NBA fan buddy of mine who doesn't gamble at all. Now he pays attention to the numbers for sheer entertainment and calls me all the time, laughing his ass off about what happens at the end of some of these games. Just got a text from him about the Clipper game. He thinks it's hysterical. He always tells me that 99% of fans out there have no idea what's going on, and he was one of them. Now that he knows, he totally buys into the fishy bullshit. Again, this is a guy who doesn't gamble and who's been watching pro hoops for decades. He says when it comes to Stern, nothing surprises him.
    I love it....now David Stern fixes games.

You are a trip buddy....

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think the reason why you notice these wacky things is because you follow very closely (somehow) every game, every night. if there are 47 college games and 10 nba games, there are bound to be crazy endings in a ton of those games.

i dont know why you continue to drive yourself crazy every night complaining about this stuff. its really unbelievable. i never used to read threads other then those i posted in, but the last few months i have looked more at the main nba, ncaab section. you do create a ton of these pointless threads every night and thats the reason why so many people on sbr dislike you....i never understood why you had so many haters, because you are very respectful once in a conversation.

but jesus christ dude....shut up with this crap already. the nba is fixed....we got it.

jayson311
    jayson311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Evolution is one of the most flawed THEORIES of all time, if we evolved from apes, apes wouldn't exsist any longer, which clearly isn't the case.

MatI

Quote Originally Posted by jayson311 View Post
    Evolution is one of the most flawed THEORIES of all time, if we evolved from apes, apes wouldn't exsist any longer, which clearly isn't the case.
    Points Awarded:

jayson311 gave MatI 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Simple question: Why The Fukk would players fix games when they make millions? Do you know the risk that goes along with fixing games, just ask Tim Donaghy.

I'm sure players who are making 5 million a year are fixing games over chump change with the risk of going to federal prison. Sounds about right to me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    i think the reason why you notice these wacky things is because you follow very closely (somehow) every game, every night. if there are 47 college games and 10 nba games, there are bound to be crazy endings in a ton of those games.

i dont know why you continue to drive yourself crazy every night complaining about this stuff. its really unbelievable. i never used to read threads other then those i posted in, but the last few months i have looked more at the main nba, ncaab section. you do create a ton of these pointless threads every night and thats the reason why so many people on sbr dislike you....i never understood why you had so many haters, because you are very respectful once in a conversation.

but jesus christ dude....shut up with this crap already. the nba is fixed....we got it.
    This was literally the only NBA game I even saw one second of last night. Just happened to catch it when I got home.

You do realize that about 90% of SBR's threads are pointless and worthless don't you? How many "lock" or "easy money" or other bullshit threads do you see in a given day?

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    I believe this shit to the point where i dont worry what is happening most of the game if i believe i am on the right side
    I'm with you *

Crofta
    Crofta's Avatar Become A Pro!

Someone mentioned a point earlier which sums all this up - If anyone was going to fix a result, why leave it until the last 3 seconds and to cover by .5 point?

If the "fix" was really on, and the guy was meant to hit 1 of 2 Ft for instance.....what happens if he misses both?? Was the fix not in then?

Easiest way to fix is not in the last minute of a game where everyone is glued to the game, but say in the 1Q. Why not advise them to play no D for the first 6 minutes and put up 35 pts (If the over was the go).

No-one is going to start yelling "fix" then, are they? If you really wanted to fix a game, easy done...but to suggest they would cut it that fine everytime is plain ignorant.

I agree things look dicey, but the same foul given at the 2.39 mark of the 2nd is also questionable but never spoken of.

Common sense surely has to prevail here gents.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Look @ Baylor/KY game - Elite 8. That was rigged by the referees. They called touch fouls when Baylor wasn't trying to foul down by 13.

MatI

Quote Originally Posted by Crofta View Post
    If the "fix" was really on, and the guy was meant to hit 1 of 2 Ft for instance.....what happens if he misses both?? Was the fix not in then?
    Then it would be obvious the fix was in for the under!! duh!

show me the $
    Update your status
    show me the $'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

players, refs, and coaches are all in it. theyve been doing it forever. ive seen the lakers miss seven out of their eight free throws in the last 2 minutes on one of the games this year just to keep the under.

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

People, people, people...

For every game that "looks like a fix" or that the books nearly hit right on the head, people ignore the 10-15 that don't come down to a last second call. It's not too hard to get within 10-15 points of the total, which is all the books are at least trying to do. And every once in a while, they are going to happen to be spot on and it will happen to come down to the final minutes.

I've never seen a bunch of conspiracy theorists so tightly wound as I do in this place. Let me guess, you all also believe in Bigfoot? How about aliens? And let me guess, you all probably think Britney Griner is actually a woman...errr...she might actually be a man, so scratch that one.

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

astonishing to me that you are unable to realize that it is inevitable that over the course of the season some games will land on the total or be extremely close.
    ^^^ exactly!

show me the $
    Update your status
    show me the $'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doughnut View Post
    People, people, people...

For every game that "looks like a fix" or that the books nearly hit right on the head, people ignore the 10-15 that don't come down to a last second call. It's not too hard to get within 10-15 points of the total, which is all the books are at least trying to do. And every once in a while, they are going to happen to be spot on and it will happen to come down to the final minutes.

I've never seen a bunch of conspiracy theorists so tightly wound as I do in this place. Let me guess, you all also believe in Bigfoot? How about aliens? And let me guess, you all probably think Britney Griner is actually a woman...errr...she might actually be a man, so scratch that one.
    i dont believe on any of that, just game fixing... just game fixing...

Crofta
    Crofta's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont guys just miss accidentally? I love how blokes yell "fix" when a FT is missed. So, if it bounces of the rim, then backboard and then rolls round the ring, if it falls left the fix is in and if it doesnt, then its fairgame???

If people went by this theory, Shaq and Dwight should have been banned for life!!

First 12