Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Raptors+8.5

The Raptors seem a good play tomorrow.

They are 4-2 ATS coming off 2 or more days of rest, and 2-0 ATS coming off 2 or more days of rest with their preceding game being a non-cover. One of those games was also against the Bobcats, and I expect Casey to have been pretty pissed at them during those 2 days off for that horrorshow and they should come out with a point to prove. They've done well with the Knicks this year and are 2-0 ATS and 1-1 SU against them.

Other than that, the Raps have been playing decent ball of late as dogs, winning SU in Cleveland and Memphis. They've also covered a few other games as big road dogs such as Utah, Miami, and Atlanta off the top of my head.

Finally Pinny opened at -9 and has moved to -8.5 now despite the inevitable fact that the public is on the Knicks.

Liking TOR+8.5, and TOR 1Q and 1H using that "point to prove" angle. Thoughts?

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was kind of leaning the other way. Knicks have been very impressive since D'antoni left. They will definitely cool down at some point, but I think Wednesday @ Philly would be a better spot to bet against them. Good luck though.

Seto

It's all hypothetical now, but the under is gonna look great in that Philly game on Wednesday. I just don't rate Philly's offense at all, and the Knicks may want to slow it down if they are tired from the TOR game (hopefully they will for my bet's sake). Hopefully the Knicks feel like playing defense that day if I pick under.

Seto

Like that 1H play a lot, I just can't help but have nightmares about that CLE+10 loss in NY. Brutal that one...

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I would normally play TOR here, but I'm just going to leave the Knicks alone until they cool. The way the team is rolling since D'Antoni left reminds me a little bit of when Lin first joined the Knicks. They are riding an emotional high right now and really playing well.

tshizzle
    tshizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1217

Stay away! Knicks could show up and blow out the raptors.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

I was liking Toronto, but then found out Jose Calderon is back tonight. So usually when a starting player comes back, that kind of throws the team off. But raptors will be at full strength tonight. Knicks have been on a major roll. tough game to cap.
    any one has any thoughts on the total?

Seto

The Knicks actually played ok defense in the last 3 quarters against Indy, and the first two in the home game. It seems when they "have to", they can actually defend, and this matchup has already gone twice under. What worries me is more Toronto's defense, but I'm sure Casey has had a talk with them about that during those 2 days off, and he has had them playing decent defense too. If I were to chose I'd go under, still deciding whether I'm going with the Raps or not...

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Your 1st paragraph about ATS records is a total waste of time. Thought processes like that end up costing you a lot of money. If you want to hear pure bullcrap with no real value, just tune into Brandon Lang. He quotes similar things all the time.

The rest of your write up is interesting. The counter argument of course is that this Knicks team is totally rejuvenated since Dantoni has left, but either way you make a compelling case for Toronto.

Here We Go!
    Here We Go!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Knicks will cover tonight even though calderon is coming back to the lineup for the raptors tonight.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    Your 1st paragraph about ATS records is a total waste of time. Thought processes like that end up costing you a lot of money. If you want to hear pure bullcrap with no real value, just tune into Brandon Lang. He quotes similar things all the time.

The rest of your write up is interesting. The counter argument of course is that this Knicks team is totally rejuvenated since Dantoni has left, but either way you make a compelling case for Toronto.
    That first bit was just to make a point that the Raptors generally do ok when having a few days off after a loss, even though every particular situation is different. The only problem as you say is fading a hot team like the Knicks, but I think the Raptors usually deal with them decently and NY could be looking ahead to that division game in Philly tomorrow. I'm leaning towards a decent play on TOR 1H and a small play on TOR.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    That first bit was just to make a point that the Raptors generally do ok when having a few days off after a loss, even though every particular situation is different. The only problem as you say is fading a hot team like the Knicks, but I think the Raptors usually deal with them decently and NY could be looking ahead to that division game in Philly tomorrow. I'm leaning towards a decent play on TOR 1H and a small play on TOR.
    Easy to Fade the raptors on B2B games. So tomorrow the bulls may run wild against them. But tonight is tough. I like the raptors to cover the number as they have done well on the road against NY.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

leaning the over for this one

Seto

Don't know, I expected the total to be a bit lower for the over. Something tells me the books fancy this to go over.

Anyway, I'm on TOR+3 1Q for 1x and TOR+5 1H for 2x

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

TOR looks like a great pick, but I'm just going to wait until the Knicks come down from this post-D'Antoni Euphoric High.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Over 199.5

Seto

Kleiza

jmbbarata
    nhl
    jmbbarata's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree , Raptors +8,5

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

woodsanity continues...

WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow
    WiseGrumpy's Avatar Become A Pro!

45-27 NY in REB that's crazy and that is the game

Seto

Too bad, they couldn't cover that 1H spread... Miracle push on the 1Q spread, I guess I'll take that. On to tomorrow