PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Knicks - Blazers

Both teams in the total shitter face each other at madison square garden

after the talk of the blazers coming into the indy game with a more aggressive gameplan, and then witnessing them come out lazy like a bunch of hoes settling for long jumpers playing with a carefree attitude, I have to agree with others that this is a team that has given up on their coach and given up on themselves. There's some bad vibes goin on there. And I dont see it getting better. It will get uglier.

the knicks are no picnic either, to be sure

I haven't done any research at all as of yet as far as situational patterns to look for. And to be honest, not sure if such applies to either team so why bother.

A first glance I feel the knicks just because they do have a couple guys who can at times play with heart and drive (Chandler , Lin and shumpert to name a couple).. and they are at home. But don't feel good about laying points with either team

as99
    as99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2252

Knicks -5

PR9

I agree. But just about every fukkin time I'm wrong about a pick that team comes out and covers the next game. lol

same thing happens with BW if you've been paying attention for months as i have ,, if his pick doesnt hit that night the team that covered against him will not cover in the next game like 85% of the time ( he will be one game off on his feel in his rare losses, and this is what seems to be happening with me on a vast majority of any loss over the past 2 months - both college hoops and nba)

PR9

Portland hasn't been able to cover 1st quarters on the road for shit. look it up

at minimum I'll probably go knicks 1st Q and make a play in-game as well.

In-game plays have been working for me really well. It's astonishing how often you can tell how a game will go by just watching the teams demeanor before gametime and at tipoff. Even though i was going for portland, if you watched the start of that game it was Indiana who had all the positive body language, huddling up on the bench hugging each other, a total look of determination on their faces for the 5 minutes prior to tipoff. they looked Very serious - their heads were in the game,

meanwhile, portland was out to lunch. while adjoining at the tipoff, or rather right before tipoff, portland players were all scattered around 25 feet apart from each other, hands on hips, one of them under the basket literally playing with his fingernails looking bored out of his mind. TOTAL different body language. Same thing occurred before the Sac-GS game, it was the warriors who were jumping up and down warming up waving their arms.. while the kings looked half asleep during the 10 mins prior to gametime, one of the kings was even trying to rub his eyes profusely with the back of his finger, like a child does when he just wakes up or is dead tired late at night. The kings just looked dead before the game with piss poor body language. Their minds were simply somewhere else and not into the game AT ALL.

same yesterday with the celtics. Boston was riled up for that one. Their body language was a total 180 compared the blowouts theyve incurred on the road. In toronto new orlans indy and philly etc they looked half asleep sitting on the bench looked bored out of their minds before those games started. It was totally opposite before the game vs the Clips the other night, while the Clips looked just to be going through the motions looking like they just woke up - hence the win. I watch all the pregame stuff on league pass all the way up to tipoff and monitor that shit. It's alarming how I can tell who will play better just by noticing which team is more focused for those 10 minutes leading up to the tipoff

Now, it doesnt work for every game of course, as there are times when BOTH teams look very focused in the pregame (Lakers-Celtics sunday as one example), however , as the examples I alluded to show, there are many instances with all the games played every night where you can win alot of bets just going by the body language of the players during those 10 minutes before the tip

Portland looked like they were a bunch of old men sitting on a park bench half asleep last night before the game started.. while Indy had 100000% more energy and gusto to their step during the 10 minutes before tipoff. This can also help with your 1st Q bets as though i had Port for the game, I had to go Indy 1st Q just because of how obvious it was.
    Last edited by PR9; 03-14-12 at 03:54 AM.

PR9

If Boston's body language shows a real purpose tomorrow at GS, then take Boston. If Boston looks half asleep like they have no care in the world, take GS and dont look back.

this is how all of boston's road games have gone this season.. and as you can tell, a great majority of them have been of the carefree non-inspiring look variety. But against a shitty team, if they really looked determined and into it, they'll cover

I wish I taped the 10-minute pregame before they played the Raptors last time in Toronto. It would shock you how pathetic they all looked. Rondo, sitting there on the bench with a dead stare half asleep slouched deep into the bench with his arm up on the back of the seat (just 3 minutes before tipoff). Garnett almost looked dead. Pierce was in a dead daze, etc etc.. they were just somewhere else, THEY WERE NOT THERE.. while the Raps were all giddy like school children anticipating the recess bell... the raptors couldnt contain themselves its no wonder Toronto blew them out of the building that night right from the opening tipoff through the entire game

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Both these teams are terrible

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

*WARNING*
    I was going to take the knicks, until I read this on Roto. world:

The New York Post reported Wednesday that Carmelo Anthony would prefer to be traded in advance of the deadline - Here it comes, and depending on how much you value the sources here it's an interesting read, for whatever it's worth. This comes on the heels of a report from CAA-aligned Chris Broussard that Mike D'Antoni has "lost the team," and we're expecting a full-on media blitz by Anthony's people to frame the Knicks' struggles as anything but his fault. As for the issue of taking on Anthony, there aren't a lot of teams that will be able to handle such a Titanic move before Thursday's deadline. For now we're filing this in the 'need to hear much more' file before giving the rumor any credence.

PR9

yeah perfect game to stay away from. Never a good idea to bet on a game that involves 2 teams that are hot-n-heavy with trade rumors the night before the trade deadline

total coinflip

IXL
    Don't sweat the Technique
    IXL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4105

can't really back up either team with great confidence. i would not be surprised if the knicks kept losing,. they are suckin it up right now.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Flip a coin, 2 out of 3 then pound it

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Over?

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

to be honest, i would probably take new york if melo got traded before game time

as99
    as99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2252

This is the 3rd time I've seen roto cited here and each time they have come across as a sports tmz type of site. Last 2 times they were dead wrong, I don't believe any of it.

Anthony has denied that he asked for trade.
    “No, no, no, no. Let’s nip this in the bud right now. No,” - Yahoo Sports.
    Last edited by as99; 03-14-12 at 01:55 PM.

PR9

New coach's first game wins a great majority of the time in basketball and in hockey ( i know the knicks dont have an official head coach for tonights game but they will have a former assistant interim head coach tonight - same difference)

I pounded the Toronto Maple Leafs a couple weeks ago when their new coach coached his first game. The Leafs pounded Montreal on the road 3-1 and outshot Montreal something like 41-20, and dominated them all night.

leaning knicks

and when that bubba coach McMillan gets canned this season take portland in their first game with new coach

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Knicks are a lock tonight. At home, new coach they will play hard. Also helps that the blazers are dreadful.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    New coach's first game wins a great majority of the time in basketball and in hockey ( i know the knicks dont have an official head coach for tonights game but they will have a former assistant interim head coach tonight - same difference)

I pounded the Toronto Maple Leafs a couple weeks ago when their new coach coached his first game. The Leafs pounded Montreal on the road 3-1 and outshot Montreal something like 41-20, and dominated them all night.

leaning knicks

and when that bubba coach McMillan gets canned this season take portland in their first game with new coach
    When the Chiefs fired Todd Haley, they handily beat the then-undefeated Packers. Beat them well enough to expose them in a way that I believe factored into the NYG playoff ass-kicking too.

NittanyLionsFan

The Knicks ML at -212 (Pinny) has value for sure, I seriously doubt they lose this game. The -5.5 seems like closer to a coinflip, but should still have slight value.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    When the Chiefs fired Todd Haley, they handily beat the then-undefeated Packers. Beat them well enough to expose them in a way that I believe factored into the NYG playoff ass-kicking too.
    a few years ago when Jim Bates was the Dolphins interim head coach after they fired Dave Wannstedt during an abysmal season (believe it was 2004 or 2005), the Dolphins played much better and won a string of games and were a cover machine, including a straight up win against Brady and the Patriots at their peak

Tons and Tons of examples of this.

NittanyLionsFan

Aside from the coach changing stuff, the Knicks were probably gonna cover enough % of the time to make this bet +EV anyways. This just makes the % better. However, the Blazers are still more than capable of covering, or even winning this game.

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

i just put knicks in a teaser added +9 points to them so that should be safe i believe.