No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Pistons

Down 3 with 2 and change left, lost by 15.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

I guess that's what I get for betting on the Pistons lol

**** me

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I will never understand why in the hell NBA teams foul when they're down like 9 points with 30 seconds to go

Just to tie the game assuming that your opponent misses all their free throws, you would need to hit 3 3 pointers in a row. The percentage of this happening (using just the league average for 3 pointers made) is about 3%. Considering your opponent expects you to take 3s and will be guarding heavily against a 3, it probably comes down to like 0.5%

Then what are the odds of your opponent missing 5 or 6 free throws in a row? 0.5% as well?

RL75
    RL75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I will never understand why in the hell NBA teams foul when they're down like 9 points with 30 seconds to go

Just to tie the game assuming that your opponent misses all their free throws, you would need to hit 3 3 pointers in a row. The percentage of this happening (using just the league average for 3 pointers made) is about 3%. Considering your opponent expects you to take 3s and will be guarding heavily against a 3, it probably comes down to like 0.5%

Then what are the odds of your opponent missing 5 or 6 free throws in a row? 0.5% as well?
    And yet as awful as it is in the NBA (and it is awful) it's 100x worse in NCAA. There was a game the other day the team was down by 14 with 20 seconds left and the dumb f'er fouled a guy.

It really makes the end of these games absolutely brutal to watch.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

pistons know the drill. keep the game close and shave points late to blow the cover.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    pistons know the drill. keep the game close and shave points late to blow the cover.
    Unless they're at home, then it's keep the game close when they're the dog and win the game outright late to screw everyone who thought you sucked!! Then if they are favored at home they decide to lose to the Wizards by 20+ points