alittlemoresound
    alittlemoresound's Avatar Become A Pro!

WHY won't LAKERS win in DETROIT ?

Lakers Have been on a new high lately. Everyone is impacting the game. They are building a new sense of identity. The starters know it really is up to them... I notice a huge difference in 1st Quarter play. They tend to start the game stronger and show dominance with BYNUM down low. Steve Blake is very over looked. His movement and decent out side shooting really helps hide Fisher's lack of scoring. Ron Artest truely does add his own defensive voodoo to the game. He frusterates top scorers and hinders there game. Not only is he a good post defender but he is very quick and can guard point guards. Bynum is really the rabbits foot in this equation. I see him when he is confident and knows he can score easy on certain players. But the thing with Bynum is once you stop him early.. He almost loses confidence and attack. KOBE gets him the ball early. Trees are kinda forget full. They need to be reminded that they are 7 feet tall and can post up anyone in the league. Thats why I believe that the Lakers 1st Qtr play has improved. If you look at the last 4 games. They have won the 1st Qtr every game. By at least 5 or more...

The MAMBA shed his skin over all star weekend. A broken nose and a mask only adds fuel to his fire.. I always hear about kobes long list of injuries but when it really comes down to it.. it never really affects his game. He is a true competitor by nature.

I can't see any reason why the lakers should lose this game ?

DET leading scorer avgs 16.7 a game...KOBE avgs almost 30.

BEN Wallace plays 37 mins and only avgs 1 point a game...BYNUM plays 33 mins and scores 16 a game...

I know im all over the place... but i just see this being a really good game for the lakers...

Ill let you guys tell it....... write em up

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Sure lakers can win, but will they cover the 5 points? Detroit +5 is a great play. Detroit has been playing great basketball the past month. I'll likely play Pistons 1H as well. They have been covering a lot of 1H spreads. I made the mistake of only playing Pistons +7.5 against the Grizz when they dominated the game for 3 quarters and then got dominated in the 4th quarter.

alittlemoresound

I took lakers -3 -150..i figured most games end in 4 or more... so 3 is nice. Still can't see DETROIT beating Lakers with #24 on the rampage. The line scares people.... i know they want $ on lakers... but i think the books are wrong this time... i gotta go with my gut instinct

Speedy88

Sure they can beat LA at home. Why not? LA is 6-12 on the road.

Here's a great stat: Lakers are 1-5 ATS as a road favorite. And the one win they have was an OT cover in which they covered by only a point.
    Last edited by Speedy88; 03-06-12 at 01:43 AM.

alittlemoresound

detroit is 9-11 @ home... this game looks alot like the JAZZ game tonight

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by alittlemoresound View Post
    detroit is 9-11 @ home... this game looks alot like the JAZZ game tonight
    I don't understand how you are so confident in LA when they are 1-5 ATS as a road fav. Lets not forget that before that glittery win against the Heat they were losing by 25 points to the Suns in PHX.

BOL but I'll be on the other side.

alittlemoresound

Thanks bro... you too man...

Speedy88

How about this, Lakers win by 4. That way we both cash.

alittlemoresound

AGREED! lets both cash!!!

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

lakers are a horrible road team look at their record. but because they're the lakers they are expected to win by 7 in everyone elses building

BimmerMan
    BimmerMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 393

Lakers win by 10+.

They started out horrible on the road, but the team as a whole is getting it together. Two weeks from now, the line would be -10.5, take this gift and trounce on it

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Sure lakers can win, but will they cover the 5 points? Detroit +5 is a great play. Detroit has been playing great basketball the past month. I'll likely play Pistons 1H as well. They have been covering a lot of 1H spreads. I made the mistake of only playing Pistons +7.5 against the Grizz when they dominated the game for 3 quarters and then got dominated in the 4th quarter.
    I like your thinking. I may play Detriot only 1st and 2nd Quarters and 1st Half. This team has been having too many 3rd and 4th Quarter collapses this year. Two I remember was between the Wizards and the Cavaliers. They should have throttled those teams. But then again, the Lakers are slow like Boston. Detroit may be able to win SU but I wouldn't bet on that.

bowers1989
    bowers1989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

i got lakers +1.5 in my 7 point teaser. i cant see the Lakers straight losing here

mixtpes
    mixtpes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Kobe will lock down their primary scorers in kevin martin and brandon knight? Detroit won't have enough Bigs to cover both Gasol and Bynum not to mention the rejuvenated metta world peace. I don't see how the lakers wont win by less than 5. I agree with Risky props we should take this as a gift. GL everyone

laddder
    laddder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 933

stuckey?

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I would also like to add that after the All-Star break, the Lakers have been pummeling opponents. Like last year after the All-Star break, the Lakers could be on another epic run. Then again, they know they have to save some in the tank for the Wizards who are lying in wait for them just as Detroit. However, I think the Wizard have a much better chance at covering.

BayArea888
    BayArea888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5860

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    I would also like to add that after the All-Star break, the Lakers have been pummeling opponents. Like last year after the All-Star break, the Lakers could be on another epic run. Then again, they know they have to save some in the tank for the Wizards who are lying in wait for them just as Detroit. However, I think the Wizard have a much better chance at covering.
    i agree. the lakers have always played the pistons very tough and for the past several years, very mercilessly...i'm sure this game won't be much different especially since they are on a tear lately. i, and Vegas, are well aware of the Lakers' road troubles, but i don't think Detroit poses much as a threat to these titans...

alittlemoresound

Thanks for the reply brothas.... I got a fat lump of purple in my bowl... my ass if ready. GO LAKERS. LAKERS -3 -150. I think BYNUM will score the first basket....id wager somebody on it...

Speedy88

Still don't get what all this talk is about the Lakers pummeling opponents after the all-star break. Last time I checked they beat the TWolves who were w/o Kevin Love and coming off a game the previous day, the Kings (who are in the cellar of the west, and LA didn't even cover in that game), and then they got up to beat the Heat on National TV. IMO, I expected LA to come out ready in that game. If they couldn't get up to beat the Boshless Heat at home, I think we'd have to seriously question the Lakers.A

It wasn't too long ago when they were down by 25+ points to the Suns at one point in PHX.

alittlemoresound

bynum got 1st bucket... lol

Speedy88

Pistons

And the Lakers are still who we thought they were, a weak road team!