Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Which dogs do you think have a chance to win SU tomorrow?

I like DET @ TOR
    NOH @ CLE
    ORL @ NJN
    GSW @ PHX

Anyone agree / disagree and why? Interested to see how the dogs go on a big card tomorrow.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Warriors yes.

Pistons have been playing good ball but so have the Raptors. Tough b2b for them after blowing a lead today.

karajohn13
    karajohn13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hornets FTW! They play quite well lately, they deserve one win

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Hornets are playing b2b2b. TOugh spot

Mocknroll

That's half the reason I like DET in this spot. They've shown that they can play good ball, and I think that they were probably at a point last night where they thought they were going to earn a W, and let it slip. I would think that should inspire them to string 4 quarters together. You are right though, TOR have picked it up a little. DET playing away and on a b2b works against them.

I think GSW is probably my favourite pick of the dogs. They're young, fresh and seem to have a renewed spring in their step at the moment. People will say that Clipps are hacks, but I think GSW earnt themselves a really hard fought and character-defining victory the other night. PHX coming off a decent win at home, but with the way the Lakers are playing on the road at the moment I think anyone could just about beat them.

Hornets would have to be my least favourite of this bunch to win SU, but I still give them a shot. They're on a b2b2b and just went to OT in Indiana which I think hurts them. Like the Pistons though, they've been playing good ball and surely see this as their most winnable game of the 3. Cavs didn't convince me last night that they're a solid unit yet. I think NOH can at least cover which they've been doing a lot of lately, winning SU on the road may be tough.

I don't think Nets are getting much credit in this spot primarily because they're playing against Dwight Horward and the rest of his team. Nets have just come off doing the unthinkable...Beating Lin and co @ MSG. Before that they beat the Bulls in Chicago. They're playing great ball at the moment and the Magic aren't playing convincingly. If you look at this from a franchise perspective, the Nets are one of the teams Howard has expressed interest in. The Nets will really need to play hard tonight to prove to him that they are a good side without him, so they might have a shot at a ring with him on their side. If Howard dominates and Magic win, Howards not going to think too highly of his championship chances with the Nets.

A few situational angles in there, but afterall we're not investing in stocks, we're betting on sports. Sometimes I think we all fall into the trap of solely following numbers and ignoring the human element of the game, which afterall plays a huge part in how teams and individuals perform on any given night.

panik
    panik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3139

This are the days I do a long parlay on the dogs. Huge payout.It could happen

moshi
    moshi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3525

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post
    Nets have just come off doing the unthinkable...Beating Lin and co @ MSG.
    Lol. Hornets beat NYK @ NY too you know. Like Magic to cover just looking at it but its still early.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

c/o mocknroll/solid rationale on gsw/i live 15 mins. from oracle arena /attend a few games and very pleasd w/ their tough w/vs.clips. they have 2nd.best 3pt. shooting team in nba/not collapsing in 4th.qtr. w/silly turnovers/finally my HUGE bet is tomorrow nite in nhl/why detroit w/23 game home w/ streak plays home to vancouver/goalie luongo for canucks abs. huge here/ml parley gsw and vanc./gl

Mocknroll

Quote Originally Posted by moshi View Post
    Lol. Hornets beat NYK @ NY too you know. Like Magic to cover just looking at it but its still early.
    I meant this in a "nobody gave them a chance" kind of way. I certainly don't regard the Knicks as an impossible to beat team.

Nets arent as strong a possibility as I think GSW are, but Nets being at home is a big plus.

cdaniels24
    cdaniels24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post
    I meant this in a "nobody gave them a chance" kind of way. I certainly don't regard the Knicks as an impossible to beat team.

Nets arent as strong a possibility as I think GSW are, but Nets being at home is a big plus.
    I think the magic cover easily. The nets are a better team on the road than at home. Hornets covered five straight games, even though they are on a b2b2b but Cleveland hasn't been playing good ball and they are on a b2b. I think the lakers can win against the mavs.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Hornets b2b2b, but now cleveland is b2b. Like your GSW and NOH, not sure about the other 2