Kalibongo
    Banned
    Kalibongo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Doesn't This Seem Sketchy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=V4wuQ_gp4yY

I've never believed that any sport is rigged, but this play was just way too weird to be true. Since when does CP3 lose a ball that easily, and why would he even hand it to the wide open opponent? This 3 by Gary Neal made everyone who bet on the Clippers lose. The spread was +3 Spurs.

He lost balance all by himself and it seems like he just gave it away on purpose.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Kalibongo; 02-20-12 at 06:47 AM.

Kalibongo
    Banned

And why didn't Foye defend Neal? WTF?

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

video no worky

Kalibongo
    Banned

Video now working, by the way, I was on the Spurs

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

soooo fvucking strange..........

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

So it was rigged that the Neal 3 pointer would go in the basket with no time remaining? Come on dude, get real. This isnt a buffalo wild wings commercial. CP3 is human...we all make mistakes no matter how good we are at our jobs and nba players are no different. Please stop with all this fixed nonsense.

Kalibongo
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    So it was rigged that the Neal 3 pointer would go in the basket with no time remaining? Come on dude, get real. This isnt a buffalo wild wings commercial. CP3 is human...we all make mistakes no matter how good we are at our jobs and nba players are no different. Please stop with all this fixed nonsense.
    True, but he passed it directly to the opponent. Neal is an amazing 3-point shooter. Why not just turn the ball over or throw it backwards?

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibongo View Post
    True, but he passed it directly to the opponent. Neal is an amazing 3-point shooter. Why not just turn the ball over or throw it backwards?
    Easy to say after the fact. In the heat of the battle, not so easy. Its like everyone here thinks that pro athletes are infallible and can't make mistakes. However, these guys mess up all the time and its not because of the fix. Even hinting at this is irresponsible and silly in my opininion. This is not the xfiles. Stupid plays happen every day. Had that play happened midway through the second quarter, you would not have thought twice. Because it happened at the end, everyone cries about the "fix." That makes no sense to me.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibongo View Post

YEah, like an alley-oop to Blake Griffin.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

You think if it was fixed they would let it come down to a 3 point shot on the buzzer? Think about it for fuks sake. No matter how good you are at 3's, there is no way you can guarantee you could get it in. If it was rigged the game would have been decided a lot earlier. Which it obviously wasnt.

CP just screwed up.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Paul was awful down the stretch in this game. Not fixed -- just awful.

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Paul was awful down the stretch in this game. Not fixed -- just awful.
    He had a fantastic 4th quarter (I think he scored all but 2 of his points in it) and one mistake at the end. How was he awful down the stretch?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

If it was fixed, it would have never come down to that.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Les_Nuts View Post
    He had a fantastic 4th quarter (I think he scored all but 2 of his points in it) and one mistake at the end. How was he awful down the stretch?
    I meant the last play and then into OT.

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Yeah LTA is right. No way it is rigged I've seen this same fumbled play too many times in the NBA. It may be rare but it happens more if you watch the NBA enough you'll see this error a couple times a year.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

1st of all, he was trying to save the ball from going backcourt, secondly
    he didn't know where he was throwing it, and thirdly he had another player
    on his team in the vicinity. This was simply a player trying to prevent a backcourt
    violation. Glad i wasn't on the clips that night.

JL5i6
    JL5i6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Duplicate
    Last edited by JL5i6; 02-20-12 at 01:44 PM. Reason: duplicate

JL5i6
    JL5i6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Hey all, First post here.

I don't believe that the game was fixed, but to completely dismiss the idea that it can be fixed is a bit stubborn in thinking. I.E. Tim Donaghy.

Realistically speaking, I can absolutely see Chris Paul telling one of his closest friends/relatives "I won't guarantee you ANYTHING, but if it just so happened that the game against the Spurs came down to a close game which I may have an influence in the outcome of the game, I'll see what I can do." Nothing like helping a family member out in Vegas. More importantly, everyone will forget this game in a couple weeks and this conspiracy will never be heard from again.

Now I know the typical response, "YOU'RE CRAZY!!! THEY WOULD NEVER RISK THEIR CAREERS, MORE IMPORTANTLY SAY SOMETHING STUPID LIKE THAT, THEY HAVE TOO MUCH TO LOSE!" Obviously, we've seen in the past that countless numbers of athletes from all different sports do things that they shouldn't do... whether that be immoral, irrational, or just plain dumb (Pete Rose betting, Michael Vick dogfighting, Roethlisberger riding without a helmet).

But this is exactly why that play could've been fixed... because it was just a stupid, irrational decision that Chris Paul, who has so much to lose, and so little to gain by it, did it. Again, I don't think the game was fixed, as that stupid decision could've been just a bad pass, but to say that there's no way it was fixed is a bit naive.