Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow, I just got a huge slice of luck..

I backed the over in the GSW game for $300, the total I got was 202.5pts, about 30mins before the game. Now, that on its own is very fortunate because I beat the total by the hook

After the 3rd Quarter I felt that the over wasn't going to hit and so after a 58 point quarter (the 3rd) I was in a position to hedge (which I never thought I was going to get because of the low scoring 2nd Quarter), so I placed $350 in play on the under at a total of 203.5pts

I couldn't believe it when Monta split his two FTs to make the total 203 with 30secs left, and all I needed was for Houston to miss their shot and then bam Monta winds down the clock for a final score of 106-96 to GS. This is the most fortunate I've ever been when hedging and I can't help but feel I deserve it after a rotten day which was capped by a LA Kings goal with 0.9secs left into an empty net to send the total over and cost me a significant amount.

Also, really feel for anyone that had the over at 204pts, been there many times myself and it doesn't feel good, this thread isn't aimed at rubbing it or anything. All I can say is it should have gone over but for Monta's missed FT and Houston taking so long to foul him

Anyone have any stories like this to share? Would be interested to hear them
    GL all
    Last edited by Les_Nuts; 02-12-12 at 10:41 PM. Reason: .

Kalibongo
    Banned
    Kalibongo's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's the term when this thing happens?

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Luck

Les_Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibongo View Post
    What's the term when this thing happens?
    I'm not sure, I just call it 'The Dream'

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here the sayin'

I rather be lucky than good?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

StackinCoin
    StackinCoin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2603

Nice hit man...sure is nice when those close ones go your way. I had warriors ML parlayed with the over 203.5 I just knew monta was gonna miss one too. wish i got that 202 like you

panik
    panik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3139

im at 205... it coulda hit if houston just played the foul game but didnt

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

It was rigged for the middle...

JK. Nice hit.

dilojanj
    CSK !!!!
    dilojanj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Same thing happened to me tho.. but mine was a bit better I hedged Wizards total being 98.. i thought thats it when they were 98 like 3 mins to go and BOOM wizards scored nothing in the last 3 mins ... good day !!

Les_Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by StackinCoin View Post
    Nice hit man...sure is nice when those close ones go your way. I had warriors ML parlayed with the over 203.5 I just knew monta was gonna miss one too. wish i got that 202 like you
    Cheers, man thats unlucky, you must of thought you were in with a couple to go, you called the game well enough you just didn't get any luck in that last minute

Quote Originally Posted by panik View Post
    im at 205... it coulda hit if houston just played the foul game but didnt
    that definitely should of hit, you should blame the Houston coach for taking so damn long to foul Monta

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    It was rigged for the middle...

JK. Nice hit.
    Ha, I think maybe the Rockets coach and Monta got together after the 3rd quarter and did the same bets as me. Cheers man

Kalibongo
    Banned

Russian middle or something?

johnniez
    johnniez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

i'm still hurting and cant get over that clipper and blaszer games, that goaltending call. thank NBA at least you acknowledge it was wrong, now wheres my 100.

nice game mate, always good to hear a story like that.
    GL for everyone tomorrow.

Les_Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibongo View Post
    Russian middle or something?
    is that an actual term or are you just trying to coin one ha?

Kalibongo
    Banned

There is such a thing, I forgot what it's called.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm glad you had a good night, that Monta Ellis missed ft, amongst many other mishaps, like Houston scoring 15 in the 2nd quarter , f'd my 1U 3 team parlay:

Ticket Number:170155578 Accepted Date:2/12/2012 - EST Graded Date:2/12/2012 Wager Type: Spread (or run line) Wager Status:Loss Risk:$50.00 (USD) To Win Amount:$300.00 (USD) Description: Basketball - NBA - Washington Wizards vs. Detroit Pistons - Washington Wizards
    Basketball - NBA - Miami Heat vs. Atlanta Hawks - Miami Heat
    Basketball - NBA - Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors - Houston Rockets/Golden State Warriors
    Item #:1Wager Type:SpreadOutcome:WinSport / Period:Basketball NBA / Game Line:Basketball - NBA - Washington Wizards vs. Detroit Pistons - Washington Wizards 2/12/2012 6:05:01 PM- (EST)
    +6 -110
    Item #:2Wager Type:SpreadOutcome:WinSport / Period:Basketball NBA / Game Line:Basketball - NBA - Miami Heat vs. Atlanta Hawks - Miami Heat 2/12/2012 7:05:01 PM- (EST)
    -4 -110 * Game Notes:ESPN
    Item #:3Wager Type:TotalOutcome:LossSport / Period:Basketball NBA / Game Line:Basketball - NBA - Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors - Houston Rockets/Golden State Warriors 2/12/2012 9:05:01 PM- (EST)
    Over 203½ -110

In a season of ridiculous highs and lows, glad to see somebody has some luck, throw some my way.

Les_Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    I'm glad you had a good night, that Monta Ellis missed ft, amongst many other mishaps, like Houston scoring 15 in the 2nd quarter , f'd my 1U 3 team parlay:

Ticket Number:170155578 Accepted Date:2/12/2012 - EST Graded Date:2/12/2012 Wager Type: Spread (or run line) Wager Status:Loss Risk:$50.00 (USD) To Win Amount:$300.00 (USD) Description: Basketball - NBA - Washington Wizards vs. Detroit Pistons - Washington Wizards
    Basketball - NBA - Miami Heat vs. Atlanta Hawks - Miami Heat
    Basketball - NBA - Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors - Houston Rockets/Golden State Warriors
    Item #:1Wager Type:SpreadOutcome:WinSport / Period:Basketball NBA / Game Line:Basketball - NBA - Washington Wizards vs. Detroit Pistons - Washington Wizards 2/12/2012 6:05:01 PM- (EST)
    +6 -110
    Item #:2Wager Type:SpreadOutcome:WinSport / Period:Basketball NBA / Game Line:Basketball - NBA - Miami Heat vs. Atlanta Hawks - Miami Heat 2/12/2012 7:05:01 PM- (EST)
    -4 -110 * Game Notes:ESPN
    Item #:3Wager Type:TotalOutcome:LossSport / Period:Basketball NBA / Game Line:Basketball - NBA - Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors - Houston Rockets/Golden State Warriors 2/12/2012 9:05:01 PM- (EST)
    Over 203½ -110

In a season of ridiculous highs and lows, glad to see somebody has some luck, throw some my way.
    Thats terrible luck. Last week I had a lot of highs, this week has been a lot more lows, until the GS game. The swings can get rough but no doubt you will get a slice of luck in the forthcoming week to even it out, keep grinding at it