Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Does OKC Losing Change Your Stance On UTA Tomorrow?

What do you think? I was on Sac +7.5, so I was hoping OKC would pull it out but not cover so I could play UTA confidently tomorrow. Does OKC's loss to Sacramento change your stance towards backing Utah?

Right now UTA is +1. I still think UTA is the right play, but I liked UTA a lot more a few hours ago when I didn't know OKC was going to lose SU to Sac.

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this game.

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I like OKC since they just lost.

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Even though OKC has been on a bad run in their road trip lately (amazingly they pulled out wins at Portland and GS) I think they will approach this one highly motivated after last nights loss at SAC.

If they had won tonight's match at SAC I would probably have gone with Utah +1, but something tells me OKC will take this so I already went with OKC -1 as I think this line will probably move to -2.

Speedy88

OKC could easily be 0-3 in their last 3 games. They are far from unstoppable on the road. We've already seen them lose SU to the wiz.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

that's correct. Funny how people thought they are this unstoppable force when they're one bad goaltending call and a lucky Durant bank shot (that he didn't even mean to bank - that's why it was lucky) from going 0-3

and 0-4 if you include them getting spanked in San Antonio 4 games ago.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: QuantumLeap

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    that's correct. Funny how people thought they are this unstoppable force when they're one bad goaltending call and a lucky Durant bank shot (that he didn't even mean to bank - that's why it was lucky) from going 0-3
    Lets not forget that they are still a fairly young team. Young teams are always shaky on the road, regardless of how good they are. Notice how the Bulls continue to cover all these spreads on the road.....because they have a ton of veterans who know how to win on the road.

And to add to the Thunder. They are a jump shooting team. Jump shooting teams are always very capable of losing on the road.

PR9

And in all those 4 games OKC has given up 106 points or more in every fukkin one of those games.

Their defense has been piss poor (save for some nice Ibaka blocks). Their transition D is almost non existent as well.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    And in all those 4 games OKC has given up 106 points or more in every fukkin one of those games.

Their defense has been piss poor (save for some nice Ibaka blocks). Their transition D is almost non existent as well.
    Shows how key Sefelosha is to their team.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

unfortunately yes.

Physically it presents the same challenge for the Thunder but mentally it is a different game

pro-style
    pro-style's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Take jazz and stop thinking about it.

Kalibongo
    Banned
    Kalibongo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gun to my head, I'll take the Jazz, but I probably might pass this one up.
    Last edited by Kalibongo; 02-10-12 at 08:13 AM.

m11chen
    m11chen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    OKC could easily be 0-3 in their last 3 games. They are far from unstoppable on the road. We've already seen them lose SU to the wiz.
    1 game means nothing. 72-10 Bulls lost to the Raptors that year, don't over-react to 1 game.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Probably a pass now....unless okc money gets us a better number than +1. GL

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I think it says something about your team when you can win close games on the road that everyone is predicting you to lose. This will help us come playoff time

We could be 0-3 in the last three but we're not.

We could have easily won last nights game. It goes both ways. I could say we could have easily been 3-0.

Utah will be a tough game. Teams slip up on the road. It happens. What team in the NBA doesn't lose a game like this every now and then?

pro-style

Everyone bonehead out there will go, "OKC will have a bounce back game!". The bookmakers know this. There already has been an overreaction to this in the line.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Quote Originally Posted by pro-style View Post
    Take jazz and stop thinking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Probably a pass now....unless okc money gets us a better number than +1. GL
    I'll wait for the public to wake up and hope to get a better number.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Utah is the play

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

I still picked Utah, it's gonna be hard to bounce back on second game of b2b plus 5th game in 7 nights plus altitude? Am I right?

ugabooga
    ugabooga's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jazz for me too

*whispers* "boards gonna get buried"

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

The golden state late night home dog trying to be sharp bailout theory

pro-style

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post

I'll wait for the public to wake up and hope to get a better number.
    I think I'd be willing to wager the public won't move this line.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Also like Utah here. Utah is very solid at home and Thunder are road fatigue.

theblueprint
    theblueprint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Everyone bonehead out there will go, "OKC will have a bounce back game!". The bookmakers know this. There already has been an overreaction to this in the line.
    But the line was out before the game ended yesterday.

njcardshark
    njcardshark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3037

I dont think this is necessarily a bad spot for the Thunder. 14 of their last 21 games have been on the road, and yes are 8-6...but only one of those losses was a "bad" loss (Wizards). They are 6-2 this year in back-2-back situations, so I think they are experienced enough to handle this and respond, particularly against a team in Utah who is a defensive bottom feeder.

Thunder-105 Jazz-99

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    The golden state late night home dog trying to be sharp bailout theory
    Yeah, it seems like people lose a lot around here trying to be sharp.

I think they win but given the circumstances, 5 games in 7 days, I'm not betting it.

People should quit trying to outsmart the books. Vegas will gladly let you take the Jazz.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

I think they win but given the circumstances, 5 games in 7 days, I'm not betting it.

People should quit trying to outsmart the books. Vegas will gladly let you take the Jazz.
    They'll also gladly let you take OKC at an 83% clip while moving the line toward taking more money on OKC which is what is happening here. There's a reason the books make billions and this is one of them.

pro-style

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

It's not about outsmarting the books, its about outsmarting everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post

They'll also gladly let you take OKC at an 83% clip while moving the line toward taking more money on OKC which is what is happening here. There's a reason the books make billions and this is one of them.
    Books don't make billions lol...

PR9

For the trend lovers out there:

OKC played the Jazz twice in Utah last year on a 2nd game of a b2b. And OKC won both games convincingly.

Both games also went well over the total.

@ Utah - o/u was 206... OKC won 121-105
    @ Utah - o/u was 208... OKC won 115-108

ps- Utah is also 3-1 o/u this year on 2+ days rest. And of course OKC's defense is playing like total garbage lately giving up 106 or more points in each of the last 4 games. Those things don't get corrected overnight on a b2b, usually you need a couple days off and some practice time to shore up a weak area on a team

Speedy88

I think your onto something. But at the same time, you could have said the same about the OKC/GS game and look how that ended. Books aren't always right.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

I think your onto something. But at the same time, you could have said the same about the OKC/GS game and look how that ended. Books aren't always right.
    Good point Speedy. In fact, when the public is hitting at 83% they don't even have to be right half the time in these games. They just have to be right better than 17% of the time if the money is coming in at 83%.

pro-style

Seriously? No one expects a play to always hit. If OKC was -20 tonight who would argue that they would be a bad bet. I think everyone would be on Jazz +20. Now if OKC goes and wins by 22 does that mean they were a good bet? No. It just means that they won by 22. It's not about winning 90, 80, 70, or even 60 percent. It is about winning more often than you paid in the price for the bet.

EDIT: Also what do you mean the books weren't right. How do you even know they had a side on this game?
    Last edited by pro-style; 02-10-12 at 03:00 PM.

pro-style

Good point Speedy. In fact, when the public is hitting at 83% they don't even have to be right half the time in these games. They just have to be right better than 17% of the time if the money is coming in at 83%.
    What are you talking about? From what I could understand and assume, this is absurdly false.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

What are you talking about? From what I could understand and assume, this is absurdly false.
    Can you explain why you feel this may be absurdly false?
    Last edited by QuantumLeap; 02-10-12 at 04:10 PM.

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

It doesn't change my stance, I was planning a play on Utah, was hoping they won to get +2.5/3 but I am still confident playing the Jazz ML at evens

pro-style

Can you explain why you feel this may be absurdly false?
    What do you even mean by hitting 83%

12 Last