Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wnba - 8/22

Game #3 between LA and SEA.

I have a lineoff of 10 pts for LA over the opening line of -6.5, now down to -6. As I wrote for the previous game, LA's defense is very stingy; they hadn't given up more than 64 pts at home since 7/5. They did come out very cold Saturday and fell behind 39-24. The final score was 78-70, so after they made their adjustments they ended the game on a 54-31 note! You can take that to the bank for game #3. Undoubtedly SEA will make some changes, but once LA has figured them out, that's it.

LA -6

Also, early lean towards the U149.5.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 08-21-06 at 04:06 PM.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

A little, but perhaps not so little, detail is that SEA point guard Sue Bird will almost certainly be playing with some level of fear. She thought she had broken her nose in the last game, and has already broken it twice before. Just ask Richard Hamilton about that one. She'll be back to wearing a mask, but in the back of her mind she must have images of a deformed, boneless, nasal structure. We love Bird, but in this super high intensity encounter can smell a slight holding back on Sue's behalf.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 08-22-06 at 06:28 AM.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

LA -6
    LA 68-63 - loss

For three quarters everything as planned. LA up 54-40 and in total control. Defense very tight. Relaxed and let SEA back in. Poorly coached 4Q by Bryant. LA lucky to get the SU win. Missed FT's at the end cost the cover. Better luck next time.

(Easy win for the under).
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 08-22-06 at 11:33 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats a tough one to lose bro

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Thanks. Hey, that's what makes sports beautiful. Based on shooting percentages at halftime I did take SEA +2 for 2H, so loss was limited.

USA plays tonight. Kind of cool to have games in the middle of the night. They're fun to watch too.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

This is why I quit betting on basketball (with the exception of second half wagers on the NBA). Just too damn frustrating...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Every point counts in basketball, that's for sure. Much smaller margins than in football. But for every tough loss there is a lucky break somewhere. If your systems show an edge, just keep hitting the high percentage plays.

I can't wait for the NBA. But first football! Whooohoooo!