Kalibongo
    Banned
    Kalibongo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their hotel probably sucks if they could hear outside noises.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibongo View Post
    Their hotel probably sucks if they could hear outside noises.
    Or the fact that it was at a major downtown intersection in the middle of the club district on the eve (pre party Sat night) of Boston's super bowl

Kalibongo
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post

Or the fact that it was at a major downtown intersection in the middle of the club district on the eve party of Boston's super bowl
    I forgot about the Super Bowl.

Kalibongo
    Banned

Is it bad that everyone in the forum is taking the Grizz?

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Line just moved back up to +5 at my book (betislands).

Probably just going to take the day off from the NBA with the small card and just enjoy the superbowl.
    Betislands does not set the market, Pinny sets the market. Pinny never sniffed +5 after the opener and is currently juicing the +4.5 at -110. That is like -120 at any other book and is generally foreshadowing of a move to +4.

What do you care if Betislands moved to +5 briefly (currently at +4.5)?

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibongo View Post
    Laker Brah, it's +5 with my local, should I go 10x too?
    Why are you asking him whether YOU should put 10x on this play? It's your money. He's obviously already committed to this play.

I never understood this type of question....just makes no sense.

PR9

I'm just envisioning the game in my head. I see Rondo in his 2nd game back on a mission. Let's face it, you can never go by the 1st game when a key player returns to the lineup after they've been out for awhile. This will be his 2nd game after a full practice and a day's rest. And it's at home.

Tons of noise outside Memphis hotel all night and morning, players tweeting in the wee hours of the morning to complain how they can't sleep.

That Boston crowd will be insane today. They are insane for Sunday afternoon games anyway, but with the Patriots in the Super Bowl later today "let's go Celtics and let's go Patriots" chants will be deafening, more than normal.

Boston is off tomorrow, no reason for them not to lay it all on the line today. Their next game is in 2 days and at home to Charlotte for fukk sakes. The Celtics should be locked in on this game today. Meanwhile, Memphis has a huge game tomorrow in a revenge game vs the spurs. The embarrassing spurs loss last week inspired their team meeting before the Denver game and they want to get back at SA.

If Boston gets a decent lead early, with that crowd, I could see Memphis packing it in looking forward to a good night's rest to get ready for SA tomorrow at home.

Not sure I like Memphis as much as I did last night. It turned from a good spot to potentially a dreadful spot

Last edited by PR9; 02-05-12 at 09:53 AM.

Love The Action

no one is worried that Tony Allen was up at 2:00am complaining how loud it was outside the hotel and that he can't sleep ? If he couldn't sleep, wonder if other players couldn't either (since they're staying at the same hotel obviously)
    Not at all. First of all, you only have a tweet from a notorious bull-shitter in Tony Allen. This is a guy who you love to have on your team, but you hate to play against him because he does all the little things to help you win. He could easily be fabricating all of this to make it look like the deck is stacked against them.

Even if he is telling the truth and he had a hard time sleeping, that doesn't necessarily mean the rest of his team did. Plus, these are NBA players. They go out and party every night and play. They are used to the grind. They had a day of rest yesterday to get their bodies and minds right. That solitary tweet from Allen does not concern me.

Moreover, you have no idea what the Celtics were doing last night. For all you know, multiple players could have been out at that clubs that Allen was bitching about. Or, they could have had family parties or some other distraction as a result of playing at home.

Memphis is a younger team than the Celtics and can bounce back quicker. Memphis is 2-0 ATS in day games this year and succeeded in these spots last year as well, so they obviously know how to prepare properly for these early games. The Celtics are a bit older, and even though they are also 2-0 ATS this year in early games, they did not fare as well last season. It might take the Celts old bodies a few minutes to get warmed up for this early game and that could be all Memphis needs to get this cover.

Memphis knows this is a big game with the sporting world watching (there is nothing else on today, so the whole sporting world will be watching this game as they start their parties for SB Sunday). Memphis is going to give 100% effort. They have many advantages in a quantitative analysis as I pointed out in my writeup supporting Memphis and there are no qualitative factors which hurt them on this play. Memphis knows what it takes to win in Boston as they won their twice last season.

I expect a solid effort from the Grizz today.

TheSituation559
    TheSituation559's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, I'm going Celtics 3 units. Memphis isn't what they were a couple of weeks ago. Then again Boston hasn't been what we thought they were either. But they have played MUCH better the last 3 weeks or so

PR9

I'm just envisioning the game in my head. I see Rondo in his 2nd game back on a mission. Let's face it, you can never go by the 1st game when a key player returns to the lineup after they've been out for awhile. This will be his 2nd game after a full practice and a day's rest. And it's at home.

Tons of noise outside Memphis hotel all night and morning, players tweeting in the wee hours of the morning to complain how they can't sleep.

That Boston crowd will be insane today. They are insane for Sunday afternoon games anyway, but with the Patriots in the Super Bowl later today "let's go Celtics and let's go Patriots" chants will be deafening, more than normal.

Boston is off tomorrow, no reason for them not to lay it all on the line today. Their next game is in 2 days and at home to Charlotte for fukk sakes. The Celtics should be locked in on this game today. Meanwhile, Memphis has a huge game tomorrow in a revenge game vs the spurs. The embarrassing spurs loss last week inspired their team meeting before the Denver game and they want to get back at SA.

If Boston gets a decent lead early, with that crowd, I could see Memphis packing it in looking forward to a good night's rest to get ready for SA tomorrow at home.

Not sure I like Memphis as much as I did last night. It turned from a good spot to potentially a dreadful spot

And let me add that the head ref for his game prances around and acts like the Celtics are NBA royalty.

LTA, I loved Memphis here for a wide variety of reasons. But often times matchups and all those things mean jack diddly in one game, and in one spot, as every game is a "capsule"... and it matters little what happened last night, or last week, never mind what happened last year. I'm just not sure this is a very good "spot" for MEM here.

It's the fukking super bowl in boston.

If it was a different spot for this game, of course I'd be all over Mem. Just the spot scares me a bit

ps- everyone thought Memphis would kill Phoenix a couple of weeks ago after Memphis lost to the Clippers despite playing well for most of that game in LA. I mean, it was a 91-89 game with just a minute left in that game vs the clippers..

then later in their next game, people thought oohhhh, memphis will destroy Phx because they're younger and have match up advantages all over the court. Well, the Suns played inspired basketball and blew Memphis out of the fukkiing building like no tomorrow.

every game is a capsule.
    Last edited by PR9; 02-05-12 at 10:20 AM.
    Points Awarded:

jabro21 gave PR9 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

marty kaan
    marty kaan's Avatar Become A Pro!

brandon bass is out today

RT @GwashNBAGlobe Brandon Bass (knee) is out today, meaning JaJuan Johnson and Chris Wilcox will get increased playing time #celtics

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Run for the hills when LB stops talking about Greek juicing the line and starts telling you Memphis is a great defensive match-up for the Celtics.

iceman8847
    iceman8847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3505

L/b are you still on memphis for 10 units

Kalibongo
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post

Not at all. First of all, you only have a tweet from a notorious bull-shitter in Tony Allen. This is a guy who you love to have on your team, but you hate to play against him because he does all the little things to help you win. He could easily be fabricating all of this to make it look like the deck is stacked against them.

Even if he is telling the truth and he had a hard time sleeping, that doesn't necessarily mean the rest of his team did. Plus, these are NBA players. They go out and party every night and play. They are used to the grind. They had a day of rest yesterday to get their bodies and minds right. That solitary tweet from Allen does not concern me.

Moreover, you have no idea what the Celtics were doing last night. For all you know, multiple players could have been out at that clubs that Allen was bitching about. Or, they could have had family parties or some other distraction as a result of playing at home.

Memphis is a younger team than the Celtics and can bounce back quicker. Memphis is 2-0 ATS in day games this year and succeeded in these spots last year as well, so they obviously know how to prepare properly for these early games. The Celtics are a bit older, and even though they are also 2-0 ATS this year in early games, they did not fare as well last season. It might take the Celts old bodies a few minutes to get warmed up for this early game and that could be all Memphis needs to get this cover.

Memphis knows this is a big game with the sporting world watching (there is nothing else on today, so the whole sporting world will be watching this game as they start their parties for SB Sunday). Memphis is going to give 100% effort. They have many advantages in a quantitative analysis as I pointed out in my writeup supporting Memphis and there are no qualitative factors which hurt them on this play. Memphis knows what it takes to win in Boston as they won their twice last season.

I expect a solid effort from the Grizz today.

PR9

Let me just finish by saying that I lived in south florida for over a decade and a half. And we hosted super bowls every 5 years or so.

Well, from first hand experience I can tell you that these super bowl parties are like mardi gras, it's total insanity, especially at ground zero for these super bowl events. And our local team wasn't even in those super bowls !! That was just host city parties.

So I can just imagine how wild it was in Boston on the eve of their super bowl, last night on a saturday night, when they haven't been there in awhile (and hell , haven't even won a playoff game for years).

So when TA writes how insane it was outside his centrally located hotel, in the club district of Boston, i believe him. As I know how these things are, and lived it.. fully.

I'm laying off his game. BOL to memphis backers and I hope you win ! I dislike those punks in boston

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11210

Isn't the SuperBowl in Indy? Why would Boston be ground zero

Kalibongo
    Banned

This is off-topic, but is the NFL only famous in America?

Is it like, NFL, Baseball then Basketball?

Around the world the popularity ranking is like 'Real' Football, Basketball... Handball... American Football?

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Isn't the SuperBowl in Indy? Why would Boston be ground zero
    Patriot fans hyped up for tonight/today.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

But that would just piss me off if i am Tony Allen. Id take a xanex or ambien and go HAM tomorrow.

PR9

with the news of Bass out it doesn't make the Grizzlies bench look so bad. Also JO may be out and is a GT decision. He had an MRI yesterday and did not practice with the team. So even if he does play, he will probably be stiff and ineffective like DeAndre Jordan was against Denver the other night as a game time decision with the bum knee. Jordan was absolutely atrocious in that game with no jump in his step.

http://twitter.com/CELTICS

fukk it I bet small on memphis

just 1.5u for some action

Go Grizz !

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by B1AZE View Post
    Patriot fans hyped up for tonight/today.
    Not anymore than a usual Saturday night. The fanatical fans would be in Indy. The broke wannabes are the ones left in town. When Atlanta was in the SB the fans took over Miami not Atlanta

These guys are used to staying in loud hotels. Either there up partying themselves, banging some stripper or getting sleep. Most players don't hang out much in Boston anyway. Its the Boston players I'd be more worried about this weekend. The entire community is focused on the SB and some of it is bound to rub off.

nocturnal012
    nocturnal012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12022

Tony allen not playing?

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

The Celtics are hot garbage at rebounding the basketball and it will continue here. They also dont force any steals so i expect the Grizzlies to have plenty of chances with the ball. Grizzlies just have to keep it close.

PR9

Tony Allen is a late scratch. I hedged. He's the defensive leader of that team

plenty of other games to bet on this week

BOL to Grizz backers. I'll gauge the 1st half and if i see an opportunity at halftime I;ll go there

Yezzir
    Yezzir's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony Allen is out.

Celtics -4 for me.

Mac4Lyfe

Marc Gasol seems to be point shaving. Playing like absolute shit. He can't be this bad unless it's on purpose

PR9

Look at Gasol's face as he runs up the court in those close-up shots in this 1st quarter. It looks like he's been put through the ringer and hasn't slept in weeks.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Marc Gasol seems to be point shaving. Playing like absolute shit. He can't be this bad unless it's on purpose
    2 Turnovers and 2 missed ft's already. He must not have gotten any sleep either.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

But he is a pussy like all Gasols so hopefully he can tough one out.

rapidfire5
    Update Status
    rapidfire5's Avatar Become A Pro!

rudyy hurtt??!?!?

PR9

So far Memphis looks nothing like they did in ATL and in OKC during those 1st quarters.. in their last 2 road games this week.

They had a lot more "gusto" and more panache to their game in those matches (from an early , out of the gates standpoint). And looked far more efficient and crisp in their play.

Maybe lookin ahead to the rematch with the Spurs tomorrow as I thought.

TheSituation559
    TheSituation559's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know why people are overrating this Memphis team. Ever since that win on MLK day everybody been on them.

stacks101
    stacks101's Avatar Become A Pro!

took mem over 10.5 for first 6 min, 2unit got it at last moment, thanks to miss by Pierce which led to an ez 2.
    The game is really slowing down right, the under is looking good.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

What is wrong with mem?

PR9

People like LTA can talk about all the matchup advantages until they're blue in the face.

The fact of the matter is a bad spot (capsule) for a game, overrides any of that far more often than not in the NBA.

Just look at last night and the night before, you will see more evidence of that than you can handle.

First 1234 Last