kenyagkvs
    kenyagkvs's Avatar Become A Pro!

ESPN Mock Lottery Game got me thinking ...

How will your favourite lottery team look next year?

My team is the Toronto Raptors.

Players to keep: Andrea Bargnani, DeMar DeRozan, Jerryd Bayless(RFA), Ed Davis, James Johnson, Linas Klezia, Leandro Barbosa(UFA)

Bargnani has become the Star & Leader of the team and although this has taken place in a little more then 10 games he is the best we got and I really hope he can play at this level for the next 5 years making me forget about the first 5.

DeRozan is 60th out of 75 SG this year in Per at 9.65. He can't pass, dribble, defend or shoot particularly well so why the hell would I keep him? He is only 22 and has a great, not good head on his shoulders. In time he will be a better player but right now it is painful to watch the kid out there.

Bayless is a talent but I do think he should be a combo guard off the bench backing up the 1 & 2. He will probably be signed on a fair deal and I would welcome him in Toronto as a big part of the bench.

James Johnson is the type of guy you want on your team. He plays defence first and foremost and while he is a bad offensive player he holds value as a guy on a contending team who you can put in there 15-20 minutes and will give you boards, blks, steals and play great defence.

Linas Klezia is on a decent deal (4m a season) but is key because he is Lithuanian and should help Jonas Valančiūnas adapt to the NBA.

Leandro Barbosa is slept on a bit because he plays for the Raptors but he one of the best scorers off the bench in the L.

Ed Davis vs Amir Johnson

Andrea Bargnani & Jonas Valančiūnas are the starters going forward for the Raptors unless they can draft Davis/Drummond and if that is not the case then one of these two need to go. I vote for Amir because all though he is a better player right now he make more money and has been in the league a lot longer. Davis has also looked pretty terrible this year but as well with Derozan they will get better.

Free Agency: Resign Bayless & Barbosa on good deals as well as bring back Weems from overseas.

Draft:

Want one of Barnes,MKG,Lamb,Beal

would considering trading Ed Davis for Myck Kabongo

Free Agency: Offer Nash 2 year 20 million

Best Case:

PG - Nash/Bayless

SG - DeRozan/Barbosa/Weems

SF - (Barnes or MKG)/J.Johnson/Klezia

PF - Bargnani/Davis

C - Valančiūnas/Johnson

Worst Case:

PG - Kabongo/Bayless

SG -(Beal/Lamb)/Barbosa/Weems

SF - DeRozan/J.Johnson/Klezia

PF - Bargnani/A.Johnson/J.Jonshon

C - Valančiūnas/A.Johnson

* Ed Davis for Myck Kabongo trade would need to go threw and I would seriously consider the trade in the best case team as well.

That out lines where I feel/want the Raptors to do in the next few months but what about the Wizards, Bobcats and Kings of the NBA where do they go from here?
    Last edited by shari91; 02-04-12 at 08:35 AM. Reason: removed spam

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

The Kings are a couple of role players away from being contenders. Washington needs another star. Preferably a big man. Bobcats are completely hopeless. They need to draft a player that they can build a team around.