cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Rondo will be back for Celtics-Knicks ESPN CON-test

The Celtics are rolling now, you add Rondo to the mix it should be a pretty easy win against the Knicks. The Knicks looked as bad as the Wizards for a lot of the game against the Bulls. Unforced errors, horrible shot selection, terrible defensive brakedowns, I thought I was watching the Wizards play for stretches of that game.

Anyway, anyone else the Celtics with Rondo back?

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

I don't know. Mixing Rondo back into the lineup may screw with the chemistry. Might take some time for Rondo and the rest of those players to be right. Have the Heats covered since Wade came back? Guy looks like he's moving in slow-mo, just don't see him being effective long-term for the Heat to win multiple titles, if even one.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    I don't know. Mixing Rondo back into the lineup may screw with the chemistry. Might take some time for Rondo and the rest of those players to be right. Have the Heats covered since Wade came back? Guy looks like he's moving in slow-mo, just don't see him being effective long-term for the Heat to win multiple titles, if even one.
    Going from Bradley to Rondo is like going from a beat up old Pinto to a new Ferrari, it can only help. Plus, Rondo and the "big 3" have been together for years, they're as accustomed to each other as players can be. I don't agree with you at all.

TwoWays

That's fine. They were doing really well when Rondo was in the starting role this season. I'm not saying they won't be good or even better than they are now, but it will take time. It's been known that players are a bit rusty after a long time off. The Knicks beat 76ers...anything can happen in the NBA

cleaveland

but it will take time
    You say that as if it's a fact but that's your opinion.

Here's my assertion: "Even if Rondo is half as effective as he normally is that would still be twice as good as Bradley." I based that statement on actual statistics, that's not my opinion.

Plus, Rondo's mere presence will lift the Celtics' spirits imho...having a player available is not only about what he gives you on the court, it lifts the whole team sometimes and I'm counting on that here.

TwoWays

Lol, it's all opinion. Oh yeah, the statistics are from the time in which he had a long time off from basketball then came back to the team. You can skew those stats to fit your opinion as well. Who is the homer here?

cleaveland

Lol, it's all opinion. Oh yeah, the statistics are from the time in which he had a long time off from basketball then came back to the team. You can skew those stats to fit your opinion as well. Who is the homer here?
    We're saying that if he were to be half as good as he normally is he would still be twice as good as Bradley statistically.

I'm not skewing anything. I'm saying, let's Rondo is half as good as he normally is. He would have to be about 25% of his normal self to be as bad as Bradley, if I could I'd make a huge bet that won't happen.

This is a side issue, the Celtics are rolling and the Knicks look pretty horrible as I mentioned earlier. It's not gonna take a great Celtics effort to win this game, only average imho so I think this is a pointless discussion.

Good luck with your plays, I won't continue this argument.

TwoWays

It will be a b2b so that goes in Boston's favor. Messing with a team's flow goes against Boston. It all depends on the line. The Knicks covered today and that is all that matters (to me), because I don't bet to lose. I don't want you to be blinded because an all-star player will be coming back into the line-up. It depends on the line.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Celtics are rolling

Look at who they've played lately:

The free falling Magic twice
    The Cavs twice, not to mention they split with them
    The Wizards

Wake me up when they beat good teams on a consistent basis.

cleaveland

It will be a b2b so that goes in Boston's favor. Messing with a team's flow goes against Boston. It all depends on the line. The Knicks covered today and that is all that matters (to me), because I don't bet to lose. I don't want you to be blinded because an all-star player will be coming back into the line-up. It depends on the line.
    I'll be taking Boston to win and you'll be betting ATS, those are indeed different things. I love the Celtics to win this game, I don't know about whether they'll cover the spread. I wish I could wish you good luck but not if you're on the Knicks, thanks for helping me to see something I never would of thought of.

jubjub
    jubjub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Celtics are rolling

Look at who they've played lately:

The free falling Magic twice
    The Cavs twice, not to mention they split with them
    The Wizards

Wake me up when they beat good teams on a consistent basis.
    Where does Indiana rank with you?

Celtics' last five should have been all wins. If Rondo plays NYK are shot ducks.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
    Where does Indiana rank with you? Celtics' last five should have been all wins. If Rondo plays NYK are shot ducks.
    Indiana is solid, but they have been up and down a lot this year. I'll give them credit where credit is due. Indiana was a nice win. But beating up on the Cavs, Magic, and Wizards is nothing to brag about.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
    If Rondo plays NYK are shot ducks.
    Yeah, we're talking about the Knicks here. As I discussed before they looked as bad as the Wizards for stretches of the last game. The Knicks are ranked #20 in Hollinger rankings, they're below the Warriors.