Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going to the Clippers game tonight

Going to Staples Center to see the Clippers host the Nuggets tonight. I'm going all in. Yes I said it, ALL IN!! On the Clippers. Opinions are welcome. Tell me why or why not this is a good idea other than how going all in is a bad idea. I already know that.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Clips match up well vs the nuggets for a number of reasons. But this is still very tricky.

Although the clips won the match in denver the other night, denver was able to run all over them up and down the court.. and of course, they have lawson tonight so they're even deeper tonight than that previous game. Lawson makes their team tick and they're alot more decisive when he's the general running the floor. The only reason the clips won that game is because they shot lights out from long distance, were able to hit long jumpers at an alarming rate, and it's not easy to rely on that game in and game out - they may be due for a poor shooting game going from high elevation back home twice in the past week.

It ALL depends on their energy for this game. It is not easy to go from denver's altitude back home to play OKC the next night, but it's even harder to do it twice within just a few days as the clips are coming from altitude yet again on a b2b to face a fast and furious nuggets team - who will want to run and run and run some more tonight hoping to wear the tired clippers down with their better bench

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm swaying Denver +1.

bleek88

IS Caron Butler playing?

EricZ116
    EricZ116's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bad idea because if it doesn't work out, you'll feel doubly as shitty about it since you spent money on a ticket and saw your own burial in person. If you're going to the game just enjoy it, don't put any extra pressure on yourself because if it's a close game you won't be able to enjoy yourself.

bleek88

^ truth.

StevenSuarez
    StevenSuarez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1630

Much better games on the board IMO. Too tough of a call to sway on either side. GL though.

Kaizen
    Kaizen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1331

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I'm leaning Denver too, but I hate betting against the Clipps. Something about CP3 and Chauncey always hitting big shots to burn me every time I bet against them. The Clipps are for real. IMO they are the best team out West right now. If I could choose anyone to take over a game for me in a game 7 of the 4th quarter, I'd choose CP3. The guy is a VERY underrated shooter, and always makes the right decision.

CP3 is the MVP as of today IMO.

MoneyOnBball
    MoneyOnBball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Let us know if Caron Butler is playing, since I'm sure you're more on top of this game than anyone else.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by EricZ116 View Post
    Bad idea because if it doesn't work out, you'll feel doubly as shitty about it since you spent money on a ticket and saw your own burial in person. If you're going to the game just enjoy it, don't put any extra pressure on yourself because if it's a close game you won't be able to enjoy yourself.
    unless you're not a degenerate gambler and can bet an amount you can afford to lose and not care if it happens. i definitely think you can bet a game, go to it, lose a close one, and look back on a great experience. i have...more than most i'd assume, i'm a warriors fan and last year i bet them blindly regularly.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

I'm on my way now downtown to L.A Live. I'm not sure if Butler is playing yet. Thanks guys for you input.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I'm on my way now downtown to L.A Live. I'm not sure if Butler is playing yet. Thanks guys for you input.
    Enjoy the game. Definitely going to try to make a trip down to LA in June to watch them in the playoffs.

Actually thinking about making the drive from Seattle down to Portland to watch the Nuggs/Blazers game on Saturday.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

No chance I would touch the Clippers if Caron Butler is not playing. This will be a playoff type game and I want that guy guarding Gallinari over Gomes any day of the weak. Nene will switch over to Blake Griffin at some point tonight and Griffin will work for everything. Clippers won't be tired for this game in my opinion but realistically if they play like they did against the Jazz they will not win this game. They can't win this game if they don't have that 4th scorer in double digits. Because Paul is not dropping 35 tonight. He is going to have his hands full defensively trying to guard Lawson who is much faster than him and trust me that is tiring as hell chasing a guy like that around.

bleek88

^ truth

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

If Butler is in, bet the Clips to win.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    No chance I would touch the Clippers if Caron Butler is not playing. This will be a playoff type game and I want that guy guarding Gallinari over Gomes any day of the weak. Nene will switch over to Blake Griffin at some point tonight and Griffin will work for everything. Clippers won't be tired for this game in my opinion but realistically if they play like they did against the Jazz they will not win this game. They can't win this game if they don't have that 4th scorer in double digits. Because Paul is not dropping 35 tonight. He is going to have his hands full defensively trying to guard Lawson who is much faster than him and trust me that is tiring as hell chasing a guy like that around.
    "We're tired, but we have another game (Thursday) night against a very difficult opponent," coach Vinny Del Negro said of facing Denver. "We're going to have to get ready."

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I think theyll be way tired tonight, I think paul and griffin will both be tired. It seemed like that entire game last night was run through them. Denver is going to run them ragged.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Nuggets ML.

Sorry, but I hope you get buried at Staples. All-in is never good, especially at a live event. Don't start a riot if the Clips lose, OK?

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I'll be there too Mikail. But GL to you!

edit: not sure who im taking until gametime

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Everything okay Mikail?

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post

"We're tired, but we have another game (Thursday) night against a very difficult opponent," coach Vinny Del Negro said of facing Denver. "We're going to have to get ready."

Speedy88

Betting on games that you go to can be the greatest thing ever, or the worst thing ever. Today I went to the UCLA/Washington game and as a homer, I made a medium sized wager on Washington ML. They were down by 10 with about 6 or 7 mins to go, only to end the game on a 18 to 6 run and win the game. Great night thanks to the Washington comeback.

Sorry your night wasn't the same Mikail.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Must have been horrible watching your money die a slow death and absolutely nothing you could do about it.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Must have been horrible watching your money die a slow death and absolutely nothing you could do about it.
    It was. I thought it was gonna be EZ $ after the 1st quarter but by halftime they was down 54-51 At the start of the 4th quarter we ended up leaving. Another example of why going All in is a bad idea. That's the way the ball bounces. A grown man made a wager and lost. Move on. I get back. It's gonna take a minute but I will.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

It was. I thought it was gonna be EZ $ after the 1st quarter but by halftime they was down 54-51 At the start of the 4th quarter we ended up leaving. Another example of why going All in is a bad idea. That's the way the ball bounces. A grown man made a wager and lost. Move on. I get back. It's gonna take a minute but I will.
    Good luck bro, hope you kill it from here out.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Good luck bro, hope you kill it from here out.
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's nice to hear it considering most here at sbr like to kick others when their down. Best of luck to you also.

Speedy88

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's nice to hear it considering most here at sbr like to kick others when their down. Best of luck to you also.
    BOL bro. I know how it feels after losing a big bet. I've lost my fair share of big bets, and they are never a good feeling. Just keep your head up and get that money back. Learn from your mistakes and come back stronger.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post

BOL bro. I know how it feels after losing a big bet. I've lost my fair share of big bets, and they are never a good feeling. Just keep your head up and get that money back. Learn from your mistakes and come back stronger.
    Appreciate that bro. May you also be rewarded for your kind words.