strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Back From the Dead

Well had to take a month off because well my concept of money was all off and I was just pretty much guessing. I lost 30k in 6 weeks, and thats when I realized it was time to step away for a second. Well I have somewhat regained my concept of how much money I had on the board every day. So I am now limiting myself to no more then 3 plays any given day, and only straight plays no 2nd halfs 1st halfs etc. I'm going to have 1k on each play, this is a big step down from the minimum of 4k on any given game I had just a month ago. So hopefully I can regain form and start winning again, if not I'll go on another long Hiatus. My starting bankroll, is 10k, once this is gone, I'm done for a while. At the end of each week, I will reevaluate where I'm at to determine how much to put on each play. I will be picking 3 a day for 7 days, so the goal is 12 winners, that makes it a profitable week.

Tonights 3
    Rockets +4.5
    Heat vs. Bulls under 203.5
    Gonzaga -7

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

good to see you back...

I like the Rockets pick and I also see how you can like gonzaga here today and well I hate totals, so no idea about that one but I like the heat for sure tonight

GL and I am glad we have you back...

strictlywinners

The way things have been going for me, it might not be for long, but nonetheless I wish everyone luck and hopefully someone makes money, either going with me or against me. Right now I would say against me is probably your best bet.

Madetowin
    Madetowin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey buddy GL to you tonight.

strictlywinners

Thank you sir, I need it. Bitch in your pic looks just like my ex.

Madetowin

Hahaha I see we have good taste in women.

strictlywinners

Her name is Angie by any chance is it.

Madetowin

Na man, Mandi

strictlywinners

Damn well the resemblance is crazy, they really could be twins, I was about to say you owe me for all the tricks I taught her.

Madetowin

hahahaha I kinda really wish it was your ex now so I could be rollinnnn

suckatmyjob
    suckatmyjob's Avatar Become A Pro!

strictly welcome back also on Htown best of luck to you in College against you on that one

over under not sure yet

joanapoker
    joanapoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

another thread that has some tension!! ehehe

As far as the picks u made, I wish u all the luck u can have (but it seems pretty stupid betting 1K each game with a 10K bankroll). If I weren't filled up for the night my money would be at the OVER in the heat/bulls game, but since is not I hope u win!

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Good luck to ya, my man. I hope you have a nice run after a fresh start.

strictlywinners

Quote Originally Posted by joanapoker View Post
    another thread that has some tension!! ehehe

As far as the picks u made, I wish u all the luck u can have (but it seems pretty stupid betting 1K each game with a 10K bankroll). If I weren't filled up for the night my money would be at the OVER in the heat/bulls game, but since is not I hope u win!
    10% of total, this is actually very disciplined for me. When I got up over 100k I started putting 15k on multiple games, then lost 50k and cashed out. For the last 4 months prior to my 6 weeks losing it was back and forth, last 10k then won 30k then lost 20k then won 10k, I was doing this all with 5k limit a week. Breaking all kinds of rules, putting 4k on my first game of the week, pretty much was gambling like an idiot and asking to lose. Lost all concept of what was alot of money and that is why I ended up giving another 30k back, and that is why I stepped away. Now to ensure I don't get stupid with it, I have turned my account over to a close friend, I have given him all my guidelines, and no matter how much I beg and plead he will only stick to the guidelines that way I don't get stupid with it. My guidelines are 3 things max a day, and only 1k on each. Hopefully things work out.

W0lfy
    W0lfy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strictly, you should seriously make a guide of what you've been thru. I think a lot of people myself included aren't sure what needs to be included in taxes, or what limits books have etc. The goal should be for everyone to play large amounts of money when its gained and played intelligently.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome back my friend. I dont like much that I see tonite. I have looked into 10 games and have 8 of them going under. Though, the under that you have with the Bulls is not one of them. I actually have that one going the other way, over. Im a little suprised to see how that one has had a 3 point downward movement. The Heat have been playing uptempo ball at home and I dont see a young team like the Bulls wanting to slow it down and run offense. The previous games between the two both went well under but 4 key players were missing from those teams. Good luck getting back into the swing of things.

P.S. A lot of people are with you on the under its down to 202.
    Last edited by THEGREAT30; 03-09-09 at 02:42 PM.

strictlywinners

Not a bad idea, I always thought about writing a book, but there are already so many out there, I don't really bring any new ideas too the table.

Bodog limits were pretty interesting, they have there online limits which are significantly lower then there by phone. But it is the by phone that was very interesting, technically there is no limit, but in actuality a limit at particular line. EXample, NFL Cardinals +6 online limit 2k by phone 5k, but if you want to do more then 5k they give you 5k at +6 then do a line accommodation and give you up to another 5k at 5.5 and so on. When I was hot I used this accommodation a few time even though I know it is ridiculously stupid, getting worse line to put more money on game. But I was on fire. There limits on other sports are similiar NBA online 1k by phone 3k, and I think NCAAF was the same. NCAAB is different they kept switching it between 500 and 1000 online, then by phone between 2k and 3k, I guess it all depended on which book manager you got.

strictlywinners

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    Welcome back my friend. I dont like much that I see tonite. I have looked into 10 games and have 8 of them going under. Though, the under that you have with the Bulls is not one of them. I actually have that one going the other way, over. Im a little suprised to see how that one has had a 3 point downward movement. The Heat have been playing uptempo ball at home and I dont see a young team like the Bulls wanting to slow it down and run offense. The previous games between the two both went well under but 4 key players were missing from those teams. Good luck getting back into the swing of things.
    The reason why I like the under, is both teams are coming off 2 days rest, in other words they had the weekend off. That means relaxing and for the baby bulls, being in south beach the extra night they definitely could not resist going to Prevay and Nikki beach on Sunday, they will be exhausted from partying with all of Miami's Brazilian hoes.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

They actually came out on fire. The hoes didnt get to them DWADE did. They went over even before overtime. On the other hand, Im glad to see you hit the Zags and Rockets for a winning night. I tripled my money yesterday. So, that's not bad.

joanapoker

glad u hit the other two picks! Something was fishy on that 202 line the OVER started at 2nd quarter!!

strictlywinners

Depaul +9

strictlywinners

Northern Illonoi +10.5

GreatDanes52
    GreatDanes52's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad to see you back man long time no see ... good luck hope you start rolling again

Madetowin

There we go finally someone with a brain . Yes, N.I. plus the pts is the play.

strictlywinners

Just hoping I can get hot again, like I said I don't even have access to an account anymore except through my boy, he serves as the gatekeeper and makes me stick to my rules. Cause well I have no discipline.

GreatDanes52

Quote Originally Posted by strictlywinners View Post
    Just hoping I can get hot again, like I said I don't even have access to an account anymore except through my boy, he serves as the gatekeeper and makes me stick to my rules. Cause well I have no discipline.
    Youre preaching to the choir... lets make a run into to March Madness... Whats your thoughts on Rutgers and South Florida tonight?
    The only two standing out for me tonight

strictlywinners

Well my boy loves south florida, I'm not so sure, Rutgers, not to good either, i think ND has to much fire power for them. My last play to complete my 3 each day, will be
    Butler Cleveland State Over 120.

It would be nice to get the trifecta tonight, then I'll be 5-1 on the week and only 7 wins away from a profitable week.

strictlywinners

Day 1 2-1
    Day 2 2-1
    Day 3
    Depaul +9.5

joanapoker

one suggestion for tonight:

OKC/DEN OVER 202 (my biggest bet of the day)

GreatDanes52

strict whats your thoughts on the line jumping up to ten on the depaul game?

strictlywinners

Well I still like Depaul, the reason I liked Depaul was because they got that first big win, riding high on confidence. That coupled with the fact that Providence is a Rhythm team, hard to have any Rhythm when you've been off for 5 days, I really would have liked to see Depaul up by 5 at the half like they could have been. For the conservative player I would suggest taking Providence 2nd half for half of you original bet. ie. 1k orginal 500 Providence 2nd half. I will just be riding with Depaul and not touching 2nd half but the hedge is the safe play.

strictlywinners

Charlotte +2, sorry I haven't had much NBA but there has just been so many better college plays.

strictlywinners

I hope some of you were smart and took my advice on 2nd half of providence, I myself feel very lucky to win by the half a point.

suckatmyjob
    suckatmyjob's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh wow strictly if someone did they would of cashed on both side 2h and whole game

sick sick sick call strict

GreatDanes52

on charlotte as well got it earlier at 3... lets cash it

1234 ... Last