szyy604
    szyy604's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Game's like today make me think the NBA is rigged...seriously

Lemme get 1 thing straight first, i had lakers -4 so i was extremely happy. But did anyone watch that game???

15 seconds left, clippers down by 6. I would say 90% of the time, teams shoot a 3, and foul if it goes in or call it a day if they miss....clippers do a pick and roll and have griffin lay it in for 2...ok...?

8.8 seconds left, kobe makes 2 ft's, back up to 6 point game. WITH 8 SECONDS LEFT, DOWN BY 6 YOU.....HAVE GRIFFIN DUNK IT AGAIN?? DON'T EVEN ATTEMPT A 3??

and finally...2 seconds left..4 points game and griffin.....fouls on the inbound play w/1.1 seconds left....WTF??? paul makes 1 ONLY.

just coincidental that the spread was at 4...? maybe...maybe not. But if it was rigged, great game to rig? lakers clippers rematch, amped up lakers, vegas knows there's gonna be A LOT OF MONEY ON THIS GAME, and thespread showed 61% on clippers....rigged?

theblueprint
    theblueprint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

If it is or isn't doesn't really matter, does it? You're still gonna bet and if you happen to be on the other side of a 'rigged' game you won't complain.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

yeah that was some weird shyt.. teams always shoots the 3..esp when u got mo williams and cp3

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

People believe what they want to believe. I personally believe there is very little "rigging" ocurring in the major sports in North America. In other parts of the world, cheating scandals like in soccer/cricket seem to be far more prevalent.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by theblueprint View Post
    If it is or isn't doesn't really matter, does it? You're still gonna bet and if you happen to be on the other side of a 'rigged' game you won't complain.
    People who don't mind if they remain shrouded in darkness like this donkey have always been a major to me.

"It doesn't matter".

What are you? Does blood run through your veins? Of course it matters you bloodless soulless automaton.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

I'm sure they also know the spread (players)

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Of course its rigged and they let chris paul play after setting a line that is too good to be true. It is analysed this season clippers point guards can control the score against lakers. Furthermore they emphasize williams' form.

Mr. Win
    Member since 1995
    Mr. Win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4847

I've noticed in my 25 years of NBA wagering that midweek games, this time of year are crap shoots.Travel, weather delays, players are tired...it just works out that way.I always make an effort to put down some change on a few dogs...ML's have been great. Good luck guys!!

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by szyy604 View Post
    Lemme get 1 thing straight first, i had lakers -4 so i was extremely happy. But did anyone watch that game??? 15 seconds left, clippers down by 6. I would say 90% of the time, teams shoot a 3, and foul if it goes in or call it a day if they miss....clippers do a pick and roll and have griffin lay it in for 2...ok...? 8.8 seconds left, kobe makes 2 ft's, back up to 6 point game. WITH 8 SECONDS LEFT, DOWN BY 6 YOU.....HAVE GRIFFIN DUNK IT AGAIN?? DON'T EVEN ATTEMPT A 3?? and finally...2 seconds left..4 points game and griffin.....fouls on the inbound play w/1.1 seconds left....WTF??? paul makes 1 ONLY. just coincidental that the spread was at 4...? maybe...maybe not. But if it was rigged, great game to rig? lakers clippers rematch, amped up lakers, vegas knows there's gonna be A LOT OF MONEY ON THIS GAME, and thespread showed 61% on clippers....rigged?

joker status. stern won't rig it unless it matters way way more. come on

and even then, for the conspiracy theorists, it'd be a game or two AT MOST ...come on

Automoto
    Automoto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

I always wondered why the players always look up at the scoreboard during breaks in the action... are they figuring to spread and totals?
    In tonights games (NBA), there were 8 games (out of nine) where the betting % minority (<41%) team won.

Smells stinky to me!

YOUSENKO

THe similar thing happen with GSW. Ppl write them off and vegas set a spread to make them favourites to make public fade them. Most gamblers analyse by player's skills.
    Last edited by YOUSENKO; 01-26-12 at 01:38 AM.

Automoto

In fact, in games where there was a team with less than 30% of the wagers on a game, 5 out of 6 WON! (based on the Pinnacle betting percentages)

LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

you guys are funny

warriorfan707

Honestly though, you gotta think about what you are suggesting. If it WAS rigged, they wouldn't ever let it get that close.

Just another case of some really sharp fukkin lines

Hey bunch of games every day, it is bound to happen

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

You go for the easy two... hoping you can get a steal or a turn over or a foul. if you score the 2- get a turn over... score a 2 again or go a 3. you're now down only by 1 or 2 points. you can then foul again or try for a steal again. If they miss a foul you are now down able to tie it or win it.

They do this and it works out. Every couple games a year you are able to steal it. I've seen it happen every year at least once or twice.
    Last edited by H1Cypher; 01-26-12 at 02:03 AM.

Automoto

Kind of like the Warriors getting outscored by what.... 19 in the 4th quarter.... 9 turnovers in the quarter too. Yeah....no professional team is THAT BAD.

Automoto

Quote Originally Posted by H1Cypher View Post
    You go for the easy two... hoping you can get a steal or a turn over or a foul. if you score the 2- get a turn over... score a 2 again or go a 3. you're now down only by 1 or 2 points. you can then foul again or try for a steal again. If they miss a foul you are now down able to tie it or win it.

They do this and it works out. Every couple games a year you are able to steal it. I've seen it happen every year at least once or twice.
    So after Blakes's dunk, they are down by 4 for a second left... how will they do all that in one second?

H1Cypher

Quote Originally Posted by Automoto View Post
    So after Blakes's dunk, they are down by 4 for a second left... how will they do all that in one second?
    Good point I wasn't watching the end of the game. I assumed there was more time left.

Nothing to say... they could know the spread though. I've always wondered how hard it would be to just get your homie to go throw down 20k on a spread or a total. Then you go blow it on some skrippas.

They definitely don't need the money it just seems so easy. But in all honesty Blake probably just like to dunk =p. He plays hard even when he shouldn't be. If he doesn't calm down he is bound to suffer a bad injury eventually- the man plays hard when it's just not intelligent to all the time. All the time.

Automoto

Where there is a lot of money....there is a lot of corruption.... That's what my papa always told me

warriorfan707

Where there is a lot of money....there is a lot of corruption.... That's what my papa always told me
    I can see the logic in that... but insinuating conspiracies of that magnitude is not logical. One of these players, coaches, refs, whoever would come out and spill the beans.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post

I can see the logic in that... but insinuating conspiracies of that magnitude is not logical. One of these players, coaches, refs, whoever would come out and spill the beans.
    they have

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    they have
    Donaghy was caught, he didn't confess.

If this was still going on, someone would come out of the bushes with a story.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

That shit looked foul and yes I had money on the Clippers.

warriorfan707

It didnt even look like he fouled him really, refs just blew the whistle.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

I always wondered why the players always look up at the scoreboard during breaks in the action... are they figuring to spread and totals? In tonights games (NBA), there were 8 games (out of nine) where the betting % minority (<41%) team won. Smells stinky to me!

hahahaha they aren't allowed to check the score? how many fouls/team fouls? replays? gtfo

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    hahahaha they aren't allowed to check the score? how many fouls/team fouls? replays? gtfo

YOUSENKO

They must cover when a comeback is made. If not the comeback is a waste. Let's say if they don't have intention to let LAL cover, clippers will take the game. Last matchup the money was on LAL +spread, this matchup people switch to betting clippers.

Automoto

They're all involved.... the other night I heard the Laker announcers cringe when the over total was hit with a few seconds left in the game. Why would they care what the over/under line is if they knew something was up?

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by YOUSENKO View Post
    They must cover when a comeback is made. If not the comeback is a waste. Let's say if they don't have intention to let LAL cover, clippers will take the game. Last matchup the money was on LAL +spread, this matchup people switch to betting clippers.

This isn't the World Wrestling Federation Pal, get real

warriorfan707

They're all involved.... the other night I heard the Laker announcers cringe when the over total was hit with a few seconds left in the game. Why would they care what the over/under line is if they knew something was up?
    You heard them "cringe"

You probably misinterpreted their reaction because your mind at the time was so one-tracked and zeroed in on the total.

I seriously doubt the Laker announcer got torched on an under bet and started talking about it on the air.

Ya ya I know you didn't say that but you know what I mean. "Cringed when the over hit", cmon guy.

Automoto

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    You heard them "cringe"

You probably misinterpreted their reaction because your mind at the time was so one-tracked and zeroed in on the total.

I seriously doubt the Laker announcer got torched on an under bet and started talking about it on the air.

Ya ya I know you didn't say that but you know what I mean. "Cringed when the over hit", cmon guy.
    Oh they were nervously chuckling when the number was hit... why would they even mention it? Maybe they had the under?

H1Cypher

Delusional people should just give me their money. I'll return 20% of what I win and keep the rest. Trust me you weren't gonna do anything with it if you honestly believe it is rigged- why the **** would you even bet?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

From having played basketball on lower levels than college, Ill tell you why they foul alot of the times, if you notice its almost always in close hard fought games, usually when the fouling team has had the lead alot in the game. Its like a last stand, I know Im about to lose, drag it out mentality, because the game at some points was in their grasp.

H1Cypher

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    From having played basketball on lower levels than college, Ill tell you why they foul alot of the times, if you notice its almost always in close hard fought games, usually when the fouling team has had the lead alot in the game. Its like a last stand, I know Im about to lose, drag it out mentality, because the game at some points was in their grasp.
    Makes sense. you're human- you were leading a hard fought game. A game you thought you'd win- against a big time rival. Hard fought game you thought you'd win but not this time.

Also like I said Griffin plays hard. He dives for loose balls risking serious injury even when his team is leading by 20. Kid needs to ease off or he isn't gonna last in the NBA. Sometimes you gotta know when to not play 200%.