t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Pacers +9 @ Bulls is like stealing money

Seriously I don't know what oddsmakers are thinking here. Indiana will bounce back from their shit performance tonight and hang with the Bulls tomorrow night. The Pacers were in look-ahead mode tonight but they will be ready tomorrow. Collison is a pretty quick point guard and Rose isn't quite at full speed with this lingering toe injury.

After losing to the Bulls in the playoffs last year, Indiana will surely have these matchups circled. I think they may win this game outright so a +400 or so ML will be worth a shot.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Not sure here bro. Pacers came tonight after a long trip and got pumped and now the next night might not have the intensity required to compete. The bulls are one of those teams that dont understand the shortened the season and put out a good effort almost every game instead of chilling.

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

I like the play a lot, not sure about the ML i think that's stretching it. The Pacers certainly played horrible today and should most definitely want to put a good performance in against the Bulls. The only point I disagree with is your comment on Rose, he seemed damn quick to me against the Nets. The only issue I have is the return of Hamilton appears to mark a return to the Bulls offense when Rose ain't around.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Not sure here bro. Pacers came tonight after a long trip and got pumped and now the next night might not have the intensity required to compete. The bulls are one of those teams that dont understand the shortened the season and put out a good effort almost every game instead of chilling.
    Yea that comes from Thibodeau. He's relentless on his guys.

I'm just real big on the bounceback angle in this spot along with the Rivalry thing. Indiana is a pretty good team. No one played big minutes tonight so I'm hoping they have energy tomorrow night. The ML might be a stretch but I think the spread definitely hits.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealau View Post
    I like the play a lot, not sure about the ML i think that's stretching it. The Pacers certainly played horrible today and should most definitely want to put a good performance in against the Bulls. The only point I disagree with is your comment on Rose, he seemed damn quick to me against the Nets. The only issue I have is the return of Hamilton appears to mark a return to the Bulls offense when Rose ain't around.
    yes. an 85% rose is still the best pg in the nba. he'll have to deal with dantay jones harassing him tomorrow for certain stretches.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

indiana is a good team but why are they getting +9 it seems like they want us to take ind? i will take the bulls here

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

yes. an 85% rose is still the best pg in the nba. he'll have to deal with dantay jones harassing him tomorrow for certain stretches.
    It's also nice to have a 7 footer guarding the rim in Hibbert.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    It's also nice to have a 7 footer guarding the rim in Hibbert.
    yeah, i'm gonna take the pacers probably. they can match the bulls physically on the boards and there's a few guys that can disrupt rose. i think paul george even guarded him during the playoffs. that length really bothered him. they threw a bunch of guys on rose and if i remember right he had a horrible series.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

yeah, i'm gonna take the pacers probably. they can match the bulls physically on the boards and there's a few guys that can disrupt rose. i think paul george even guarded him during the playoffs. that length really bothered him. they threw a bunch of guys on rose and if i remember right he had a horrible series.
    he got to the line a bunch the first two games and then struggled badly after that.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    he got to the line a bunch the first two games and then struggled badly after that.
    i think that's when they switched paul george onto him? we'll see how they matchup tomorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried that for a bit. anyway its always a plus when you can rotate legit defenders on rose.

if they have collison on him for long stretches though rose will abuse him.

I really hope the Bulls lose Luol Deng for the year. They will lose in the first round. Luol Deng is the most important player on the bulls besides Rose. They won't win a 7 game series without that guy.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Weird line.. Ind line tempting?

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

No Deng huh? He's an important player on that team.

early lean on Indy here

chankng
    chankng's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14483

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    No Deng huh? He's an important player on that team.

early lean on Indy here
    Agree Deng is prob bulls second best scorer after rose. With rose hurt dont see him dropping 30+, so a lot of scoring is gonna be needed by boozer noah and hamilton, which i think thibbideau is gonna stick with a defensive minded game... i rather take the under in this game

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Line is weird. But I guess they are factoring in the b2b for Indi. Line almost pleads for ppl to take Indi.

CallMeMrOMac
    CallMeMrOMac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Pacers Vs. Good Teams

Vs. Miami - LOSS by 35
    Vs. Philly - LOSS by 10
    Vs. Atlanta (they're okay) - WIN by 12
    Vs. Orlando - LOSS by 19

Their record is inflated by garbage opponents --- Nets, Boston (twive), Bobcats, Raptors, Warriors, and a reeling Laker team in a scoring slump.

I wouldn't crown them as a team capable of turning it on against a team like the Bulls.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacers +9

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bulls are the best team in the east for a reason,no way would I go against them at home,this one can get ugly real quick for the Pacers.......

CallMeMrOMac

Indeed. Many more attractive options getting points, IMO --- (NYK, POR).

Even the 76ers.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Im locked on Pacers for 700

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Bulls are the best team in the east for a reason,no way would I go against them at home,this one can get ugly real quick for the Pacers.......
    They are so good but their lines are huge. It's hard to bet against them but with deng out 9 points is a lot. I think Philly is a safer pick.

PR9

Bulls in the 2 games against Atlanta who they faced in the playoffs last year. 1) Won by 2 after being down big, and 2) Lost by 15 .. ATL covered both games (one home one away).

don't underestimate when these teams face each other again for the 1st time after a playoff series. I'm not saying the bulls can't blow them out tomorrow but it's not a sure thing.

Hawks and Pacers match up decently against the bulls. Both those teams had the Bulls circled on their schedules before the season started.

In the first 4 games of that playoff series last year the final scores were all within 6 pts.. with the pacers winning the final game in the reg season - so there was a 5 game stretch where the pacers held the bulls to within 6 pts (with the pacers winning 2 of them outright).

What would worry a Pacers backer is they've only had one b2b "road" game this season, and they looked like total dogshit in detroit (they won the other two b2b's they've had by DD at home)

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

I love the Pacers in this spot as well. However Bulls average win against the Pacers is 12 points.

PR9

Deng's defense is huge for the Bulls. A lot of what they do defensively filters through him. Brewer can defend as well but it's different when you're a starter and not coming off the bench.

If Indy can get some pts in the 1st half and start feeling good about themselves they have a good chance to cover imo. Indy's length creates some problems for the bulls front court.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Inside information game of the year type of situation obviously

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

This one seems too easy especially how well the Pacers stayed close with them in the playoffs.

And I'm sure everybody here knows the saying "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is".

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

If you look and see how the Bulls have been @ home, may want to rethink that Indy bet. Much better games to choose from.

CallMeMrOMac

Bulls in the 2 games against Atlanta who they faced in the playoffs last year. 1) Won by 2 after being down big, and 2) Lost by 15 .. ATL covered both games (one home one away).
    The Bulls are not playing the Hawks.

t-wizzle

Pacers looking good.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

PR9

My +9 bet lookin hefty about now

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post

Deng's defense is huge for the Bulls. A lot of what they do defensively filters through him. Brewer can defend as well but it's different when you're a starter and not coming off the bench.

If Indy can get some pts in the 1st half and start feeling good about themselves they have a good chance to cover imo. Indy's length creates some problems for the bulls front court.
    Bulls coach Thibodeau said last year while both Boozer and Noah were fighting some injury issues:

"As long as Deng is healthy we'll be just fine" - Tom Thibodeau

He "didn't" mention Derrick Rose, he said Deng

migz

Revenge game for Bulls next meeting.

ehabrams
    ehabrams's Avatar Become A Pro!

w/o deng, initial line of +9 was absurd... his defense is the reason the Bulls are so well rounded when healthy, and Indiana still not getting respect

migz

I dont get it, why was the line set to -9?: +clueless

12 Last