LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why are the Knicks laying 5 on the road?

Was just finishing up a long write-up here -- but my browser crashed and I lost it. Frustrating. Here is a summary of my thoughts:

Books continue to give Knicks respect, BECAUSE THEY CAN....The public continues to pound them as if they are a 3 seed. No different today....Knicks getting 75% of public money so far today laying a large number on the road against a team they struggle against historically. Not a huge trends guy but here are a few to consider:

New York is 0-6 ATS in its last 5 games
    New York is 0-6 SU in its last 6 games
    New York is 3-13 ATS this season
    Charlotte is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home vs. New York
    Charlotte is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home vs. New York
    Charlotte is 2-0 ATS against the Knicks this season
    New York is 0-3 ATS on the 1st game of a road trip this season.

-DJ Augustin will miss the game but Kemba Walker is a similar player and viable replacement.
    -DJ White returns for Charlotte. Bobcats have some frontcourt depth with the emergence of BJ Mullens (offense), Bismack Biyombo (defense), and White (both).

Charlotte is by no means a formidable team in the East, but they continue to give the Knicks trouble. Carmelo said after their latest heart breaker vs. a shorthanded Denver club that maybe HE could be the issue and should move the ball more instead of going ISO so much. Personally, I'll believe it when I see it.

My point spread projection system has New York as a 2 point favorite in this game.

Help me break down this game a little further...Right now I am leaning Charlotte +5.

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

I don't know about this one.. Too risky to play imo. This could easily end with NY handing the Bobcats asses to them (15+ points) but can you trust the Knicks this season? They have played the Bobcats twice this season and didn't cover once (both times at home).

NYSackExchange
    NYSackExchange's Avatar Become A Pro!

major trap.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Im done with the Knicks, period. If they can not win @ home with the MSG crowd backing them, then I do not like their furture on the road.

LUNT101

Quote Originally Posted by NYSackExchange View Post
    major trap.
    You saying the Bobcats are a trap?

Buckeyes
    Buckeyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4417

Im thinking the over is the way to go

BigBoi
    BigBoi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

I like the over as well.

Elad
    Dimes
    Elad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Im done with the Knicks, period. If they can not win @ home with the MSG crowd backing them, then I do not like their furture on the road.
    Just like that

Fading Knicks on the road should be good but who has the balls to put money on the cats?

Mybe take a nice teasr in this one,cats +10

LUNT101

The Bobcats just come to play vs the Knicks... Boris Diaw has KILLED them the last few seasons. They can run with New York and they move the ball a lot better. The Knicks turnover rate is 3rd highest in the league, and even more so on the road. That can get you in trouble against a team that can get out in transition and has some finishers.. Henderson/Kemba/Diaw

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes View Post
    Im thinking the over is the way to go

bobcats can't score. they only scored 70 vs the Rockets

Elad
    Dimes
    Elad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

bobcats can't score. they only scored 70 vs the Rockets
    Thay also score 118 vs the Knicks

roddyrips
    roddyrips's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is just so hard to put $ on.

Yeah, the Knicks struggle against the Bobcats historically, but if you really break it down... which team is more talented?

There is no question about that. The Knicks are the better team top to bottom, regardless of the emergence of Mullens and White, he's still not on the level of Amare or Chandler. Even with Amare playing awful.

It just wouldn't surprise me at all if the Bobcats fail to score and the Knicks have a good night and wipe the floor with them. Just my two cents, but the line does seem favorable for a Bobcats team playing decent on the road lately.

Just my two cents. BOL.

LUNT101

If you judged teams by talent alone, the Wizards would be close to a .500 team. Teamwork, chemistry, unselfish play, coaching, etc. are equally important when analyzing teams at this level of competition. The Knicks are playing horrible basketball right now, and losing Josh Harrelson is a huge under the radar injury for them. He has been one of their best +/- guys the whole season, and their Knicks huge problem is their depth. They have NOBODY off the bench. Charlotte has the 10th highest scoring bench in the NBA so that might be part of their advantage.

LUNT101

Dad's on Charlotte. Done.

Bigtoilet
    Bigtoilet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Yep....DONE! Dad has spoken.....

LUNT101

If BW comes in with "Knicks are Very Square" I am tripling this bet