Automoto
    Automoto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

GSW looked to be a RLM play but a lot of bets were wagered on GSW (see graph)

Check out the attachment and you can see where there was a steady amount wagers placed on GSW... So it "Appeared" to be a RLM play but it really wasn't.
    Attached Images  

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

You guys go ahead and keep racking your brain with that bs, if it meant anything significant then that information wouldnt be privy to you. Number of wagers mean nothing.

Automoto

AW...but we love conspiracy theories!

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

The amount of money in is more important than no. of wagers. Only books know the amount but not the public.
    Last edited by YOUSENKO; 01-24-12 at 03:29 AM.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by YOUSENKO View Post
    The amount of money in is more important than no. of wagers.
    Yes and no wonder that info isnt given of course, but books love to flood useless information to people. I dont even bet at BetUs, but I get about 4 booklets a year with stats on different sports from the previous year from them, as if that information is important. Books love and want people to linger on the past, but the way to make money is to predict and the past isnt always a useful indicator.

Automoto

True... but most the time, the percentage line remains fairly flat. There had to be a whole bunch of wagers to get the percentage of wagers line to move from 25 to 46%. The total number of wagers (according to Sports Insights) on the Memphis/GSW game was the most of all the NBA games that night.

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    You guys go ahead and keep racking your brain with that bs, if it meant anything significant then that information wouldnt be privy to you. Number of wagers mean nothing.
    RLM is a myth. I have been burned so many time taking RLM. I agree if it was that easy that info would not be available to the public. Right let me give bettors a 60% edge by giving out percentages and when they see the percentage and line movement is different, they win. Golden State is a team that can't close games plain and simple. All it takes to move a line is a rich knuckle head like Charles Barkley to drop $100,000 on GSW and line moves. Sure tail Charles...Turrible Turrible

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by Automoto View Post
    True... but most the time, the percentage line remains fairly flat. There had to be a whole bunch of wagers to get the percentage of wagers line to move from 25 to 46%. The total number of wagers (according to Sports Insights) on the Memphis/GSW game was the most of all the NBA games that night.
    Because it was the last game, look at the timing, Im sure the least knowledgeable people bet on it today, just saying people with bigger money probably hit Memphis earlier, I do know that there are alot more average Joe's betting than people with bigger pockets and the more knowledgeable, therefore because it is so many more average Joe's that number will move, no matter how insignificant there wagers are since there are so many.

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

You have to be flexible in capping. Take all things into consideration...not just number and movements.

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Quote Originally Posted by Blazermaniac View Post
    You have to be flexible in capping. Take all things into consideration...not just number and movements.

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Yes and no wonder that info isnt given of course, but books love to flood useless information to people. I dont even bet at BetUs, but I get about 4 booklets a year with stats on different sports from the previous year from them, as if that information is important. Books love and want people to linger on the past, but the way to make money is to predict and the past isnt always a useful indicator.

yeah agreed. If there is big money on a team, its not advisable to bet or follow the square. 80% of the time it loses. However we can only conclude from public mood and response whether a team is heavy. If less than 80% money on a team, good chance is that books hedge and let natural takes its course. In order to be sharp, reliable tip off from within the book is needed. Books work in cartel and know the total amount of money in a team. Vegas set american sports spreads and Macau set soccer lines.
    Last edited by YOUSENKO; 01-24-12 at 04:13 AM.

Automoto

Good information everyone and thanks! I am new to the game and am probably processing way too much information!

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

warriors lost game and many folks money because of turnovers as they always do/memphis didnt even have zack randolph

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

c/0 automoto/absol. correct you are processing way too much info./analysis is ok over analysis is not anyway phuk what other people think or bet/who do you think will win

jabro21
    jabro21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

is mem coming back from down 17 with 7 min left to play a sharp pick? when a couple gs baskets at the time or a couple subs (taking out curry or bringing in a rebounder) or a timeout could probably have preserved a 10 pt gs win. yeah mem was the better and hotter team, but gs was running layup lines at the beginning of the 4th. these plays happen. im not surprised the line was what it was.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

The problem with the concept of RLM (and I'll admit I'm obviously a fan) is that A) you're assuming public % are accurate, and B) even if they are, you're still tailing "sharp" plays from guys who are still only hitting 55-60% of the time at best.

celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2814

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    The problem with the concept of RLM (and I'll admit I'm obviously a fan) is that A) you're assuming public % are accurate, and B) even if they are, you're still tailing "sharp" plays from guys who are still only hitting 55-60% of the time at best.
    you are also never getting the best number

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by celtics3388 View Post

you are also never getting the best number
    This is my number one reason against chasing line moves, especially waiting right before tip.