Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Dirk Nowitski to miss at least 4 games

Rick Carlisle said that Dirk will miss at least the next 4 games to work on his conditioning? What the fuk? Don't you get in condition by playing?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...3#.Txt_0vlDywI
    Dirk Nowitzki will sit out for at least the next four games for the Mavericks, starting with Saturday night's contest in New Orleans, so the star forward can get in better game shape while strengthening his sore right knee.

Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said before tipoff against the Hornets that Nowitzki needs "an uninterrupted eight days of work to resolve some physical issues and conditioning issues," adding that the decision "covers the knee and it covers conditioning."
    Carlisle says Nowitzki would prefer to continue playing but coaches and training staff decided it would be better for the team if he is restricted from game activity for the next week.

"This is not a rest situation. Quite the opposite," Carlisle said. "He'll go through harder workouts this week than he would if we were having practice days and in some cases he'll go multiple times."

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

He hasn't exactly looked like himself lately. Hope this helps.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Add another name to the already extensive injury list of the NBA.

My favorite is still Tim Duncan taking the night off. I've never heard of an NBA player taking the game off for rest. I've heard of limited minutes, but never sitting out a game to rest.