cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Boston -7 without Rondo?

Anyone else find this shocking? Rondo is their MVP these days. According to ESPN Keyon Dooling will be starting at PG and he's a decent player but he's got a PER of 8.86 this season. He's gonna be backed up by E'Twaun Moore who has a PER of 5.85. These have guys have to go to toe to toe with Steve Nash?

What makes this one of the most baffling lines I've ever seen is the fact that just ten days ago the Suns were +7.5 at the Lakers who were completely healthy (both teams were playing on one day's rest as is the case for this game), now they're +7 at Boston sans Rondo? Where's the logic to that!

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

The logic is that the Suns have been playing like shit. Their power rating has been adjusted downward.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    The logic is that the Suns have been playing like shit. Their power rating has been adjusted downward.
    Some of those games were without Nash and Hill, playing like crap then is not indicative of their play at full strength.

Still, they were about +7.5 at NY their last game and they won. Is the market saying Boston - Rondo = the Knicks at full strength? I think that's way off. Rondo is the key for the Celtics, he's their most important and best player by far now. I think the market is either undervaluing Rondo ridiculously or Rondo's playing and it's factored into the line.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

rondo is not playing, nor is keyon dooling...it will be avery bradley and etwaun moore splitting time at PG...going to the garden tonight and im betting the celtics i dont even care that the line is so high, maybe the books want more money on the suns...

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    rondo is not playing, nor is keyon dooling...it will be avery bradley and etwaun moore splitting time at PG...going to the garden tonight and im betting the celtics i dont even care that the line is so high, maybe the books want more money on the suns...
    ESPN is reporting this:

"Dooling (knee) is likely to return Friday, according to the Boston Globe."

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/209/keyon-dooling

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

maybe under is the play then?

YaMotha
    YaMotha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4559

Rondo practiced today.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

source?

YaMotha

Quote Originally Posted by showtiime View Post
    source?
    Rajon Rondo a game-time decision on Friday
    Rajon Rondo (wrist) is a game-time decision after his MRI came back negative.
    Owners just breathed a collective sigh of relief with the news that Rondo's MRI didn't reveal a serious injury. He has seemingly escaped any serious damage and is officially a game-time call against the Suns on Friday. Rondo said that he plans to play, and was wearing a protective brace on his wrist at practice and we'll have an update on his status closer to tipoff.
    Source: A. Sherrod Blakely on Twitter Jan 20 - 11:17 AM

YaMotha

Rotoworld

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rondo left Wednesday's game against the Raptors after a flagrant foul knocked him down hard on his wrist. X-rays came back negative, but he did not return to the game. He is not expected to be ready for Friday's game against the Suns.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hot tip: E Moore is going off tonight.

PAULYPOKER

Status update on Rondo>

Rondo left Wednesday's game against the Raptors after a flagrant foul knocked him down hard on his wrist. X-rays came back negative, but he did not return to the game. he says he expects to play Friday but is a game-time decision.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

dont like either in this match up

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

I would pound Celtics -7 if Rondo is playing....The greens finally looked like they got themselves together in their last home game, and I def see them continuing this and should be able to win by 8+ vs Suns

yoman456
    yoman456's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

the risk of rondo sitting out after all is too high to be all over the Celdicks

dtrukk
    dtrukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

rondo will play but if he dont take the suns

PAULYPOKER

Doc ‘doubts’ ailing Rajon Rondo will see Suns

"Rajon Rondo was in an unfamiliar spot during yesterday's Celtics practice. As the first and second units squared off in halfcourt sets, Rondo was stationed at midcourt next to Doc Rivers. It's not where the coach wants his point guard. "He was terrible," Rivers said of Rondo's skills as an assistant. "I'd rather have him as a player." Rivers doesn't think he'll get that wish tonight when the Celtics host the Phoenix Suns. Rondo sat out yesterday's practice with a right wrist injury he suffered after a hard fall in the third quarter of Wednesday's 96-73 win against the Toronto Raptors at the Garden."

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going to predict the future. Now the hamburgers start pounding the Suns. The line drops to Boston -4 or -5. Celtics win by 30.

cleaveland

I guess Rondo and his impact are totally undervalued by the market. Incredible.