Bullet Kays
    Bullet Kays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1555

Biggest play of the year on Portland tonight!

Tonight the Blazers go to Atlanta trying to snap a 5 game losing streak against the Hawks. This is a great spot for the Blazers to do that. The Hawks are going to struggle defending Aldridge without Al Horford in their line up and will give up a lot of uncontested shots around the perimeter trying to do so. Batum has been on fire from 3 as of late and I can see him having a big game in Atlanta. Also expect Jamal Crawford to play a lot of minutes and go off against his former team. He hasn't been putting up great numbers the last few games but he can score at will when he wants to and if there's a game he wants to do that in it's this one. Mcgrady and Marvin Williams are also not 100% which will hurt Atlanta's depth. Both teams are going in on one days rest and given the Hawk's 6-1 home record and the Blazers 2-4 record on the road, you would think Atlanta would be favored by more than -1.5 which makes me love Portland even more. The Blazers are much deeper than the Hawks right now and I expect Portland to pull one out on the road if it's a close one. I'm not one of these "lock of the century, betting 800k guys" but this will be my biggest play of the year so far. Take Portland +1.5 large tonight-I will also be on the money line.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

UNDErrrrr forget about a side under is moneyy 195?? LOOL

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    UNDErrrrr forget about a side under is moneyy 195?? LOOL
    its 184.5 bro

Bullet Kays

Under seems like the play if I had to lean o/u but I generally stick to one play for the day when I make my big plays. I don't do it very often but taking a shot on this one. Good luck on your under I hope you hit it

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    its 184.5 bro
    still can't imagine a 98-92 game. these teams will not score efficiently quarter by quarter

SiMON2g
    SiMON2g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

still can't imagine a 98-92 game. these teams will not score efficiently quarter by quarter
    Agreed, I think Portland takes this 88-84

Bullet Kays

Haven't noticed any change in the spread yet but did see the o/u is currently at 183.5

giveuptheghost
    giveuptheghost's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck, mate.

I think J-Smoove will try to do his best on stopping LA,
    and that'll hurt his offense.

under seems to be a decent shot here.
    anyways, good luck

GasperTheGambler
    GasperTheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

portland +1.5 is a lock tonight. Great pick BOL i will be tailing. Also waiting for the Golden State Line to go up might be taking that against the nets as well.

Bullet Kays

Quote Originally Posted by GasperTheGambler View Post
    portland +1.5 is a lock tonight. Great pick BOL i will be tailing. Also waiting for the Golden State Line to go up might be taking that against the nets as well.
    Awesome man, seems like I do well on my big plays when people tail. Hope we cash this one in, GL
    Last edited by Bullet Kays; 01-18-12 at 09:08 AM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Doesn't have to be 98-92.

88-86 and it goes over. You sure you're comfortable with that?

There were 190's available for a brief time yesterday at BOL, and 186 at bookmaker. It's starting to get into the uncomfortable range now to take the under.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

really well written informative post bullet kays/nice need more of these/aldridge big tonite/only 1.5 spread go for ml also/i dont give out many pks. but always bet them myself/just this/patriots and 49rs in super bowl/no idea yet who winner is/gl to you

Bullet Kays

Thanks agenda- always like to hear feedback on my posts and I hope you make some money on Portland tonight. Anything can happen but this is the best play available in my opinion. Bol on your other plays as well.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Nice writeup. Good luck.

cumatmebrah
    cumatmebrah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 327

could go either way......

why not just sodomize grizz-4

Bullet Kays

Thanks M.K.

And *** I think this play is a lot stronger than you think. Good luck on the Grizz though

Bullet Kays

Looks like about 64% of bettors are on Atlanta tonight and the line is currently Blazers +2

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by no coincidences View Post
    doesn't have to be 98-92.

There were 190's available for a brief time yesterday at bol, and 186 at bookmaker. It's starting to get into the uncomfortable range now to take the under.

88-86 ?

bringdownthehous
    bringdownthehous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Kays View Post
    Looks like about 64% of bettors are on Atlanta tonight and the line is currently Blazers +2
    pretty interesting that most bettors (or public) is on Atlanta...I would figure it to be the other way around because I feel like the blazers have become a popular team to bet on...I wasn't going to play it initially because I do like the blazers here, and found the line to be asking for portland money...but maybe gonna reconsider here cuz alotta ppl are on Atlanta...prob gonna wait to see if the line moves before jumping on blazers, but I do like it

Bullet Kays

Quote Originally Posted by bringdownthehous View Post
    pretty interesting that most bettors (or public) is on Atlanta...I would figure it to be the other way around because I feel like the blazers have become a popular team to bet on...I wasn't going to play it initially because I do like the blazers here, and found the line to be asking for portland money...but maybe gonna reconsider here cuz alotta ppl are on Atlanta...prob gonna wait to see if the line moves before jumping on blazers, but I do like it
    Have to remember it would be pretty tough for the books to favor Portland on the road with a 2-4 record against the Hawks 6-1 home record. Another thing to consider is a lot of public bettors just look at records and pick a team. They may not even know Horford is out or that T-Mac and Williams aren't healthy. If you look at it that way the Hawks -1.5 actually looks pretty enticing. That's why i think most people are on Atlanta. Crawford and Batum will be the x-factors to tonight. Crawford is a great scorer and knows Atlanta's court well and if Batum keeps shooting like he has been it will be a long night for the hawks while they're busy worrying about Aldridge.

GatorTD
    GatorTD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

There were 190's available for a brief time yesterday at BOL, and 186 at bookmaker. It's starting to get into the uncomfortable range now to take the under.
    88-86 is 174.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

uh oh Dad is on Atlanta

KMX
    KMX's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMO I see Atlanta taking this one. ATL is a tuff place to play and they are a good team at home this year.

I am not on this game but I wish you luck. Hope it all works out.

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    uh oh Dad is on Atlanta
    Father knows best.

Bullet Kays

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    uh oh Dad is on Atlanta
    Well I guess that means 2 streaks will be coming to an end tonight. The hawks 5 game win streak against Portland and Dad's impressive 13-0 run. I hate to see his streak end but I'm on Portland big tonight, wish he was on a different game so I could cheer him on

laddder
    laddder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 933

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Kays View Post
    Tonight the Blazers go to Atlanta trying to snap a 5 game losing streak against the Hawks. This is a great spot for the Blazers to do that. The Hawks are going to struggle defending Aldridge without Al Horford in their line up and will give up a lot of uncontested shots around the perimeter trying to do so. Batum has been on fire from 3 as of late and I can see him having a big game in Atlanta. Also expect Jamal Crawford to play a lot of minutes and go off against his former team. He hasn't been putting up great numbers the last few games but he can score at will when he wants to and if there's a game he wants to do that in it's this one. Mcgrady and Marvin Williams are also not 100% which will hurt Atlanta's depth. Both teams are going in on one days rest and given the Hawk's 6-1 home record and the Blazers 2-4 record on the road, you would think Atlanta would be favored by more than -1.5 which makes me love Portland even more. The Blazers are much deeper than the Hawks right now and I expect Portland to pull one out on the road if it's a close one. I'm not one of these "lock of the century, betting 800k guys" but this will be my biggest play of the year so far. Take Portland +1.5 large tonight-I will also be on the money line.

Good read, I'm also in for blazers ;]

SaffaCappa
    SaffaCappa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 434

Interesting dynamics here.
    Hawks the public play but Dads on it on a 13-0 run. Law of averages says that Dad cannot go on a winning streak forever?
    Portland are a very good team and better then their 2-4 road record

TOUGH ONE!

Bullet Kays

Thanks and good luck laddder, hope this comes through for you. Can't wait for this game

manutd19
    manutd19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ockert12
    Ockert12's Avatar Become A Pro!

ATL is the play.. bol to you tho

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Doesn't have to be 98-92. 88-86 and it goes over.
    you're better than that.

Meat locker
    Meat locker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

88-86 = 174

over is 183.5

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

For a +2 dog Portland's ML is low for that +2 spread at just +105

You generally see anywhere from +110 to +120 on the ML for a +2 team

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

I dont see any edge in taking Portland.