Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

Detroit +7.5 at Houston - thoughts

Anybody here like Detroit +7.5 tonight at Houston?

Detroit is coming off a loss at home against Golden State and had the day off yesterday. The Rockets have won 3 in a row plus they're playing their 4th game in 5 nights plus this one being after last night's whalloping of the Wizards in Washington where they scored 114 points (plus they let Washington score 106 against them). They travelled all the way back to Houston for tonight's game. OK Detroit is 3-10, but they've had a very difficult schedule so far. They've played the Bulls and Pacers twice, Boston, Dallas, Orlando...
    I can't know for sure of course, but it sounds like a good chance for Detroit to cover the spread and, who knows, maybe even squeak by with a win as well.

Thoughts?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Don't trust Detroit on the road against a decent team.

squid44
    squid44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Is Houston a decent team? I'm trying to figure out if I should lay the ML down on Houston, but I dont want to be let down, as Houston will have the tendency to do that.

Future24
    Future24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by squid44 View Post
    Is Houston a decent team? I'm trying to figure out if I should lay the ML down on Houston, but I dont want to be let down, as Houston will have the tendency to do that.
    Only loss at home was to OKC by 3. They go along with the trend in the NBA...good at home...bad on the road.

squid44

Quote Originally Posted by Future24 View Post
    Only loss at home was to OKC by 3. They go along with the trend in the NBA...good at home...bad on the road.

I agree. Great at home. I think the ML cashes but ATS, it goes the other way. BOL on whatever you play !

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

Quote Originally Posted by squid44 View Post
    I agree. Great at home. I think the ML cashes but ATS, it goes the other way. BOL on whatever you play !
    That's what I'm thinking too. Houston may win, but will it cover the 7.5?

dshaffe4
    dshaffe4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1680

Yea i like Houston, and the game was yesterday afternoon. They were probably back in their bed by 9pm plus flying east to west gave them a couple more hours. I expect them to cover in this spot

squid44

Its a tough call. They do have a pretty record to protect at home, and detroit is somebody who they COULD put up a big win against. The line has also been moving up all day. There may have been some value if you could shop around and find a 6.5, but now my book as it at 8. ML for me. BOL.

PurpleJebus
    PurpleJebus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Houston has been tough at home. The loss to OKC was a 3pt buzzer beater by K.Durant. I also like Houston this game.

CallMeMrOMac
    CallMeMrOMac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I went with Houston tonight -7.5 and that was my largest of 3 wagers.

Go Rockets!