cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

How much is "wanting revenge" worth for an NBA team?

I'm on the Bulls ML and I've seen some comments about how the Grizzlies will want "revenge" because of the blowout earlier in the season. Here's my take on that:

If players like James, Rose, Bryant, Paul, and a few other cream of the crop superstars want revenge then be afraid, very afraid.

If a teams like the Heat, the Bulls, the Mavs, and a few elite teams want revenge then be afraid, very afraid.

If Marc Gasol, Conley, Mayo, and the rest of a team like the Grizzlies want revenge, they're only gonna be able to control their own destiny against a team that is already inferior to them most of the time (there's an exception to every rule). For example, does anyone doubt they wanted revenge in the second game against OKC at home recently after they lost the first? If they did, it didn't get them a win and it rarely will for a team like the Grizzlies when they're facing far superior competition, especially without Randolph.

That's my thoughts about it anyway. What do you think?

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

You can want revenge like a mofo, but if your opponent has more quality and dept.. you are bound to be losing 9 out of 10 times.

Gambler#1
    Gambler#1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look I've learned one thing in basketball over the years,every team that wants enough can grab a win against any team..

But this game not even close to all this revange shit,last time thay score 66+-,and i think Grizz only wish in this game is not fall aprat and keep the game close,mybe when ZBO will back thay wiil be alowed to tallk over revange and shit,really I dont see reason whay not take Bulls,its look so easy,but just because this reason I'm afraid..

monologue
    monologue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

you still dont understand, some people are going for grizzlies not because they will REVENGE but because of other factors. This revenge thing doesnt really work, we all know that.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Grizz will be focused. They could catch the Bulls sleeping.

cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Quote Originally Posted by monologue View Post
    you still dont understand, some people are going for grizzlies not because they will REVENGE but because of other factors. This revenge thing doesnt really work, we all know that.
    I was using this situation as a case study. People are saying the Lakers want revenge over Dallas but if Dallas has the Lakers' number like they seem to, wanting revenge won't help the Lakers much, not against a team as good as Dallas when they're rolling like they are.

Gambler#1
    Gambler#1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do not know how things work in United States, but in so early people go to see games??
    I mean to the crowd,thay will come or the FEDEX will be ampty?!