B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough spot for Cavs today?

I see some people taking Cleveland today.

and they do have 2 days of rest, but are on the last leg of a 7 game road trip with the first one in Toronto and then they went to the west coast, but instead of heading home (which usually happens) they have to go out for one more road game across the freaking US to play in Charlotte early PM; who also have revenge since Cleveland beat them by 14 two weeks ago.

01/04/12 @TOR L 77-92
    01/06/12 @MIN W 98-87
    01/08/12 @POR L 78-98
    01/10/12 @UTA L 105-113
    01/12/12 @PHO W 101-90
    01/13/12 @LAL L 92-97
    01/16/12 @CHAR

They've been on the road since 1/4 and going from west coast to east coast to continue a road trip is insane and it's a 1:00 game. Charlotte however has been at home for a few days.

Was leaning Cleveland, but this might keep me off.
    Last edited by B1AZE; 01-16-12 at 05:28 AM.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

i just think there are better games to bet on than this. big card, why play a game between two bad and unpredictable teams?

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

and then they get to play B2B tomorrow at home against GS who will be rested.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

Just relaying handicapping info to posters that might like Houston or Cleveland today. Blindly, this might look like a play on Cleveland or Houston (as i have seen some post they're on Cleveland and/or Houston) but i want them to know what the situation is since i have already looked into it and some might not have time to.

and IMO these are spots you can profit from regardless of how big the card is.

you were all over Detroit yesterday, but youre talking about not betting on bad teams??

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yeah man I really liked your write up for the Wizards game. I have a feeling I'll probably end up placing a small wager on Wiz tomorrow. Does anyone know what the Wizards are waiting for when it comes to firing Flip? Everyone knows he is pretty much toast. Why stretch this out? It would be the same if the Kings still had Wesphal on the sideline. Everyone knew it was just a matter of time until Wesphal got fired. I would love to see what this Wiz team would to offer under a new coach, perhaps some new motivation and new life.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Jordan had a big inspirational meeting with the team before the warriors game challenging their manhood as men. they also sat diaw and reshuffled their lineup entirely as well (shuffled tyrus thomas for diaw and moved everyone around), it was also kemba walker's first start.

they responded with a thrashing beating the warriors soundly and very convincingly. playing inspirational basketball and driving to the hoop with fervor.

with the spot cleveland is in, and the possibility of the jordan influence/meeting still fresh with the team, even if its just lingering,.. coupled with the fact that immediate success with a reshuffled lineup can instill instant confidence for a young team, albeit for the short term.. added to the revenge factor as the OP noted, could make this a play (since they're still at home and rested)

they could be on an upward trend (especially facing poor teams)

good call and thanks for reminding me
    Last edited by PR9; 01-16-12 at 06:46 AM.

PR9

so close to placing a bet on the bobcats. so close. Just questioning if they can back up their only home win in january with another here

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

I bet it, but didn't go crazy with it. I think they're a little better with Kemba and Mullens helping out. I have to question how much the Cavs care here with the above mentioned travel. Seems like the classic "get me back home effort" and that home game is tomorrow.

These early games favor the team sleeping in their beds the past few nights and not traveling a road trip on both coasts.

Yezzir
    Yezzir's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    so close to placing a bet on the bobcats. so close. Just questioning if they can back up their only home win in january with another here
    I had them against Warriors, and they were really inspired.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by B1AZE View Post
    I bet it, but didn't go crazy with it. I think they're a little better with Kemba and Mullens helping out. I have to question how much the Cavs care here with the above mentioned travel. Seems like the classic "get me back home effort" and that home game is tomorrow.

These early games favor the team sleeping in their beds the past few nights and not traveling a road trip on both coasts.
    good point

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by Yezzir View Post

I had them against Warriors, and they were really inspired.
    The real question is- do you have them vs the cavs here as well ?

I'm heading over to listen to some interviews with bobcat players to see if i can get a read on their attitude. To grasp if they feel just relieved about the home win, or if I sense they still have that same hunger for this one to let it ride

Yezzir

The real question is- do you have them vs the cavs here as well ?

I'm heading over to listen to some interviews with bobcat players to see if i can get a read on their attitude. To grasp if they feel just relieved about the home win, or if I sense they still have that same hunger for this one to let it ride
    They have a good record at home to Cavs, that's a LeBron Cavs too.. but they were a better home side then too. It's a tough one.. Go and do your research and we'll decide whether to pull the trigger.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by B1AZE View Post

Moving Henderson to the 3 position, the first time he played the 3 since college, also made a huge difference for the team.

ok, listening to Henderson and how he studied tape on the past 4 games and realizes he needs to continue driving to not only get higher percentage shots, but to get fouled is a good thing. Basically, this team has turned a 180 as far as team philosophy just listening to these guys speak. Going to the small lineup and sitting Diaw has made them move and run the court a lot faster , as well as forcing them to crash the boards. Every player realizes that they need energy to win games, and can't beat anyone with a sluggish effort. The players are very happy to see Tyrus Thomas move to the 4 position and in there on the defensive end blocking shots (Tyrus seems to be very well liked in that locker room). Moving forward they're giving me vibes this energy will continue today vs the cavs.

They sound like a happy team. And that alone can go a long way.
    Last edited by PR9; 01-16-12 at 08:41 AM.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

I like Bobcats at home

Yezzir

Cavs move from +2.5 to +2.

PR9

The line opened at +2 and I don't recall it moving to +2.5 to begin with. It's been unchanged at a few places. Where did you see the +2.5 ?

Yezzir

The line opened at +2 and I don't recall it moving to +2.5 to begin with. It's been unchanged at a few places. Where did you see the +2.5 ?
    It did on Bet365, now back to +2.

I'm on Grizz +4, that's up to +4.5 now.

manutd19
    manutd19's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you guys think about the chicago memphis game?

PR9

line just moved to -1.5

hmm

Bbobbi
    Bbobbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

line down to -1 on 5dimes should i bite?

Yezzir

down to -1. Hmmm. Do I pull the trigger?

scholesy
    [Too Long]
    scholesy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1685

The Cavs went home first before heading out to Charlotte yesterday, check some of the Cavs players' twitter timelines.

PR9

Bobcats up by 11 at the half

PR9

Bobcats totally falling apart in the 2nd half. They just cannot make a shot no matter how hard they try..

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

unreal i have bobcats -1, blew a 14 point lead im done betting on these POS teams...for the record, this was SJ55's nba play today