echowilbury
    echowilbury's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bulls +1.5?

Giving points to the team with the best record (and let's face it, they don't win by one or two baskets...when they win, it's usually a blow out)...is this Vegas fishing, or just respect for the Celts? The Bulls have been tremendous on the road and they look even better than they did last year...

How does everyone feel about this game? Rose is likely to play...

cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

I just did some research on the refs for this game and the last 14 consecutive games that any one of these 3 refs have reffed a game in Boston...Boston has won. That's 14-0!!! Is it a classic ESPN nationally televised trap game? Time will tell.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Bulls are -2, rose is obviously playing. Perfect, Celtics will win.

Future24
    Future24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    I just did some research on the refs for this game and the last 14 consecutive games that any one of these 3 refs have reffed a game in Boston...Boston has won. That's 14-0!!! Is it a classic ESPN nationally televised trap game? Time will tell.
    Crazy stat.

Also Rose was downgraded to doubtful...jump on it now!

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Quote Originally Posted by Future24 View Post
    Crazy stat.

Also Rose was downgraded to doubtful...jump on it now!
    Where?

"Derrick Rose (toe) is a game-time decision on Friday.
    Rose is still wearing the walking boot as a precaution, but he participated in shootaround and is reportedly feeling better than he had earlier this week. The Bulls tentatively expect him to play"

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

I just did some research on the refs for this game and the last 14 consecutive games that any one of these 3 refs have reffed a game in Boston...Boston has won. That's 14-0!!!:

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post

Where?

"Derrick Rose (toe) is a game-time decision on Friday.
    Rose is still wearing the walking boot as a precaution, but he participated in shootaround and is reportedly feeling better than he had earlier this week. The Bulls tentatively expect him to play"
    read on twitter that Rose was shooting and told Bucher he's playing.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

If i didn't think this line was fishy enough this cements it. Im staying away...

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by B1AZE View Post
    If i didn't think this line was fishy enough this cements it. Im staying away...
    staying away ? Why ?

The fishy line tells you boston, just like a ton of examples this year with similar opening "fishy" lines. And the refs also tell you, boston. put 2 and 2 together.

WTF the celtics were just -6 pt favorites over the defending champs a couple days ago, and now they open with this against the bulls ? lol

Boston gets it done tonight. Rondo and Ray gonna go off. Expect a great game from a highly energetic Rondo (playing great like he did in miami and right before that). He has a chance to play against a hobbled Rose. lol he's going to be ready for this one.

Let's not forget that good penetrating point guard play gives the Bulls defense fits.. Look at what Teague did to them in the playoffs, and a lot of other examples.

Boston

I have money on +3 and the ML.
    Last edited by PR9; 01-13-12 at 12:42 PM.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The Bulls strategy in the playoffs was basically to let Teague get his and guard everyone else.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    staying away ? Why ?

The fishy line tells you boston, just like a ton of examples this year with similar opening "fishy" lines. And the refs also tell you, boston. put 2 and 2 together.

WTF the celtics were just -6 pt favorites over the defending champs a couple days ago, and now they open with this against the bulls ? lol

Boston gets it done tonight. Rondo and Ray gonna go off. Expect a great game from a highly energetic Rondo (playing great like he did in miami and right before that). He has a chance to play against a hobbled Rose. lol he's going to be ready for this one.

Let's not forget that good penetrating point guard play gives the Bulls defense fits.. Look at what Teague did to them in the playoffs, and a lot of other examples.

Boston

I have money on +3 and the ML.
    Then how can Chris Paul can never beat the Bulls? Unless Rose is severely hobbled, and I don't think he is, Boston is not likely to take this one.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yeah, he must be confusing the Bulls with the Lakers. Good point guards do NOT give the Bulls fits. Rose loves playing good point guards and usually lights them up.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

And Rondo himself didn't play well against the Bulls last year. 10ppg, 41% FG, 8.3 asts, 4.6 rebs in 36 minutes. All below his averages. Same poor in prior year. Rose has owned Rondo.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

whats Chitown's road record when playing Boston over the passed 7 games? 1-6 SU..... including playoffs.

This is also the Bulls 5th game in 7 days, although hard to know when this shit even matters anymore. C's off 2 losses, gotta think they show up tonight.

IXL
    Don't sweat the Technique
    IXL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4105

Wow those stats on the refs is ridicoulous. I'm going with the trend and slammin it on the celtics ML.

Yezzir
    Yezzir's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston SU is my bet of the night. Boston have had their number at home in recent times. 5-1 SU in last 6.

Also, plus money for Celtics at home, looking to bounce back from a loss, and a days rest (important for a team like them).. I see them making a statement, kind of like Grizz did last night.. they win a close one late on.