onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers ML +145

Portland is something like 9-1 in last 10 at home vs lakers, but +145 for the Lakers is enticing Bynumm & Kobe could win by 7+

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

lol

go entice yourself, like 99% of the people out there..

and GL !

onacloud

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    lol go entice yourself, like 99% of the people out there.. and GL !
    Oh this the square play of the day?

My bad

PR9

99%.. yet the line hasn't budged a single inch from the opening... while all the others have.

http://betlm.eu/betting_trends/nba_betting_trends.html

Just look at the bright side, misery loves company ;-)

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

onacloud, gotta know its us vs the books. PR9 is clearly trying to help, i been waiting and waiting and waiting for it to do down to -3, but nadda and if it stays that way by tip off or goes up to -4 then.... Good luck though, more value on portland imo.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    99%.. yet the line hasn't budged a single inch from the opening... while all the others have.

http://betlm.eu/betting_trends/nba_betting_trends.html

Just look at the bright side, misery loves company ;-)
    What in the world are you babbling about. You post these random %s with light bulbs as if you discovered some masonic secret or something.

Who cares if betim.eu says 99% of ML bets are on LA. Does that even sounds plausible to you? That alone should tell you about the reliability of betim.eu whoever the hell they are.

The line hasn't budged because there is no such discrepancy.

Sportsinsight (and if you really wanna continue to post these public betting % like its some sign of vegas tipping their hand, PLEASE let this be your only source for such numbers)...has it 60-40 on the spread and 57-43 ML. Hardly anything to scream about.

Not only that, if you look at the graph (http://www.thespread.com/nba-basketb...-betting-chart (didn't someone already post this link for you before?) it shows LA was hit hard when the line opened. I remember it being about 70% last night. It was all the way Down to 54% this morning, you know what that means right? It means the overnight the Blazers were getting plenty of action themselves.

Up a bit now and Pinny is juicing the -3.5 in response.

So where is your 99% and your lol in all this? I see nothing out of the ordinary happening here, see no reason for .5 line moves (as if that would be such a huge development, although i am hoping and waiting for one cause i do like Portland in this)

Ohh and 1 more thing (someone correct me if i'm wrong). The %s you keep talking about, whether they are from some dorm room type nobody bookie or a reliable source like sportsinsight, they tell you the % of BETS, not the MONEY, so they are no real indication of where the line is going to go and should go in the 1st place.

dtrukk
    dtrukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

i like portland and i like miama

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    What in the world are you babbling about. You post these random %s with light bulbs as if you discovered some masonic secret or something.

Who cares if betim.eu says 99% of ML bets are on LA. Does that even sounds plausible to you? That alone should tell you about the reliability of betim.eu whoever the hell they are.

The line hasn't budged because there is no such discrepancy.

Sportsinsight (and if you really wanna continue to post these public betting % like its some sign of vegas tipping their hand, PLEASE let this be your only source for such numbers)...has it 60-40 on the spread and 57-43 ML. Hardly anything to scream about.

Not only that, if you look at the graph (http://www.thespread.com/nba-basketb...-betting-chart (didn't someone already post this link for you before?) it shows LA was hit hard when the line opened. I remember it being about 70% last night. It was all the way Down to 54% this morning, you know what that means right? It means the overnight the Blazers were getting plenty of action themselves.

Up a bit now and Pinny is juicing the -3.5 in response.

So where is your 99% and your lol in all this? I see nothing out of the ordinary happening here, see no reason for .5 line moves (as if that would be such a huge development, although i am hoping and waiting for one cause i do like Portland in this)

Ohh and 1 more thing (someone correct me if i'm wrong). The %s you keep talking about, whether they are from some dorm room type nobody bookie or a reliable source like sportsinsight, they tell you the % of BETS, not the MONEY, so they are no real indication of where the line is going to go and should go in the 1st place.
    its 10 am in the west coast...the rest of the public has yet to pound lakers. I just texted my square friend who i tend to fade and asked him lakers/portland and his response word for word "Lakers you serious...BIG!, they should never get that many points". went talking about kobe and bynum clicking ...but ill keep an eye on it. If pinny starts juicing, do they usually end up moving it?

Well see if kobe will keep shooting.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Kadinni View Post
    its 10 am in the west coast...the rest of the public has yet to pound lakers. I just texted my square friend who i tend to fade and asked him lakers/portland and his response word for word "Lakers you serious...BIG!, they should never get that many points". went talking about kobe and bynum clicking ...but ill keep an eye on it. If pinny starts juicing, do they usually end up moving it?
    I dont considering myself an expert by any means but damn that guy should not be gambling AT ALL.

Juicing is a good sign (kind of) if you're hoping for it to drop to 3 but you never know. I'm no line reader but to me it seems like there is enough action on both sides so no real reason for the line to be moving too much.

The way i personally look at situations like this is that because of the hook its worth the wait. Meaning if the line drop to 3, its great and i'll take it. If it happens to turn and move to 4 and i miss the 3.5 its not really the end of the world. Worth the risk so to speak because 3.5 or 4 i lose nothing if Blazers win by 4 (yes, i dont win anything with the latter but a push is better then a loss). So thats why i wait.

onacloud

Took Blazers -3.5

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

How are people calling this a "square play" when everyone and their mom is on the Blazers. We all know the Lakers struggle in Portland...Don't you think the books know that?

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

guys got lakers +4 1/2 is this an o.k. bet.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post

Took Blazers -3.5
    Now you're learnin'

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post

I dont considering myself an expert by any means but damn that guy should not be gambling AT ALL.

Juicing is a good sign (kind of) if you're hoping for it to drop to 3 but you never know. I'm no line reader but to me it seems like there is enough action on both sides so no real reason for the line to be moving too much.

The way i personally look at situations like this is that because of the hook its worth the wait. Meaning if the line drop to 3, its great and i'll take it. If it happens to turn and move to 4 and i miss the 3.5 its not really the end of the world. Worth the risk so to speak because 3.5 or 4 i lose nothing if Blazers win by 4 (yes, i dont win anything with the latter but a push is better then a loss). So thats why i wait.
    Really? If the line dropped to three I would usually lay off. The move to 4 was what I was waiting for and what made ,w hammer portland. Why would it moving to three be great?

demens
    Square -910

Because 3 is less then 4?