Betpoints: 5179

NBA Double Play Monday

BOTH Lines from 5 Dimes

76ers/Nets OVER 191.5 -105
    Hornets -7.5 -102

YTD: 77-62-3, 55.4%, +12.98

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

hornets dont #### me now. And chandler could you ####ing play tonight. Armstrong is getting killed

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Hornets-7.5 is the wrong call. The Kings have covered in 3 out of their last 4 games and New Orleans is just 2-4 straight up in their last 6. When you hear the cowbells, you'll know what's up. That is all that I have to say about this particular game. I meant no ill will for you in what I am typing. After all, it's only money and not life or death. Now you're good, LT. Jesus loves you.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    The Hornets-7.5 is the wrong call. The Kings have covered in 3 out of their last 4 games and New Orleans is just 2-4 straight up in their last 6. When you hear the cowbells, you'll know what's up. That is all that I have to say about this particular game. I meant no ill will for you in what I am typing. After all, it's only money and not life or death. Now you're good, LT. Jesus loves you.
    No matter what happens in the game, Hornets -7.5 (and at -102 no less) was the right call considering they are now -8.5.

cocknocker

It's even more the wrong call now.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

im kinda looking forward to seeing who is right and who is wrong on this one. No play for me tho. BOL all

LT Profits

It's even more the wrong call now.
    You are missing the point. If you can consistently beat the cliosiing line by a full point or more, you are a long term winner.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    You are missing the point. If you can consistently beat the cliosiing line by a full point or more, you are a long term winner.
    do you by chance have an article explaining this to me? Or with numbers and stats?

Thanks.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a tough call. I respectedly enjoy CK's opinions on games and LT's picks...

holdplz
    holdplz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

There are sharp closing lines, and there are square closing lines. NO -8.5 is a square closing line. You can't possibly think that playing every line change will guarantee money in your pocket.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by holdplz View Post
    There are sharp closing lines, and there are square closing lines. NO -8.5 is a square closing line. You can't possibly think that playing every line change will guarantee money in your pocket.
    If you are smart enough to get the line before the move, yes definitely. You are GUARANTEED to win long term if you consistently beat the closing line by at least a full point. The problem is there are a select few people that can actually do that.

cocknocker

I've got your point, LT. I wish you luck, although it is the wrong call even at 7.5. if the Hornets can beat the Kings by 8, then they can beat them by 10. It's alright if we agree to disagree on this game.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
    do you by chance have an article explaining this to me? Or with numbers and stats?

Thanks.
    I've been searching for the video that Justin did on this, but for some reason, I can't find it. Just do a search on beating closing number, as there have been several threads on this subject.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

LT is correct.

cocknocker

LT is incorrect...

LT Profits

LT is incorrect...
    No, LT was 100% correct because this game closed at -9 (even a couple of -9.5s out there).

Sure, I lost this particular game, but I would be very happy to beat the closing line by 1.5 or 2 points on a consistent basis. It should be every capper's goal to beat the closing line by at least one point.

LT Profits

For some evidence, look no further than my CBB first half play tonight where I beat the closing line by 1.5 and it was the difference between a win and a loss.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

ive been watching you closely now, are you hitting about 85% over your last 45 games? you were way under, again congrats, do you no what your recent is

cocknocker

The Hornets -7.5 was the wrong call, LT. It's okay to lose a game, whether the closing number ended up being 12 or 18 or 2. Hey man i'm on yourside. i am trying to beat the books too. But the Hornets just weren't hot coming into this game and the linemaker gave up too many points. Shit happens. Roll with the punches. I am not your enemy, cuzz

LT Profits

The Hornets -7.5 was the wrong call, LT. It's okay to lose a game, whether the closing number ended up being 12 or 18 or 2. Hey man i'm on yourside. i am trying to beat the books too. But the Hornets just weren't hot coming into this game and the linemaker gave up too many points. Shit happens. Roll with the punches. I am not your enemy, cuzz
    I am not saying we are enemies, I am trying to make a point.

It is a simple fact that if you beat the closing line by at least a point, you will win LONG TERM, which is all I care about. That knowledge makes dealing with half-point losses in a game where your team was up 14 at halftime easier to deal with.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    ive been watching you closely now, are you hitting about 85% over your last 45 games? you were way under, again congrats, do you no what your recent is?
    On 12/22/08, I was 32-49-1, -19.78.

Since then, I am 46-14-2, 76.7%, +32.74.

LT Profits

Now I need to get in the black in CBB to keep my streak of winning seasons alive.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

LT is incorrect...
    he was 100% correct about beating the closing number leading to profits in the long run.

By the way, the Hornets should have covered that game. Ridiculous backdoor cover for a half point loss. The Hornets led big throughout.