TheRussianMob
    TheRussianMob's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phoenix Suns with write-up

The Cleveland Cavaliers are welcoming the Phoenix Suns on their home ground, trying to get a home win just after their perfect 23-0 record there had been ruined by the Lakers. The Cavaliers seemed in total control of that game and were leading by 10 at half time, but in the second half, Lakers became more aggressive and forced a lot of error on their opponents, finally winning by 10 themselves. Three days later, more exactly last night, the Cavs went in Indiannapolis against the Pacers that were missing Dunleavy in what seemed to be a sure bounce-back win, but Indiana's offense could not be stopped and won by 1 point in a contested final, as the Pacers were awarded 2 free throws with 0.6 seconds to go in what Cavaliers coach named " the worst decision he had been part of". It was not that decision though that lost them the game. Indiana shot 50% without their second scorer, so LeBron, even though he had 47 points and amazing accuracy, but it was not enough. The problem for the Cavaliers is that they have agap in their team. Since Delonte West got injured, Sasha Pavlovic went in his place to play, but now Sasha is also injured, so Wally Szacerbiak has to fill in the gap, and he is far from a constant or very talented player. Snow, Wright and Kinsley being sidelined also from one reason or another, the Cavaliers have to rely on LeBron, Iglauskas, Ben Wallace and Mo Williams as i've said that Wally is far from competitive so far. Furthermore, Iglauskas is not at his highest form, getting 2 good games followed by 2 bad ones and so on. NOt ot mention Ben Wallace, who is a joke at the moment, averaging 2 points in his last 6 games, his role being just to get 5-6 boards, in 25 minutes per game...this way, too much pressure on LeBron and Iglauskas at the moment and they cannot have big nights all the time. A smart team just focuses on them with a reinforced area defense and it should be enough at the moment.

Phoenix Suns have won 3 of their last 5 games, by 48 at home vs Kings, by 10 at home vs Warriors and by 10 away at Pistons, while they lost by 12 at Warriors and in their last game two nights ago, by 17 in Philadelphia against the 76ers. They allowed 13 more rebounds, especially offensive ones and with 18 turnovers committed, along with very bad shooting from Nash, Shaq and let's say Amare, the 76ers batted them from beginning until end. The Suns blamed the schedule for this one, as they had been back-to-back after a tough trip in Detroit, but tonight they've had 1 extra day of rest and are looking to get their 5th straight win against the Cavaliers. Last season, Suns won both games in Cleveland, but the teams were a bit different back then. The man who won that game for Phoenix(108-110) with a last-second shot, Shawn Marion, is now in Miami. Raja Bell, who scored a team-high 27 for the Suns that night, now is in Charlotte. The Suns have since added O’Neal and Jason Richardson. The Cavs have added Wally Szczerbiak, Ben Wallace, Delonte West and Mo Williams in the past year.

Since Wallace fails, West is injured, Szczerbiak cannot be trusted and Williams is average, i would say that the Cavaliers are in trouble again. The Suns seem to be getting better and better, although they have a shooting failure once in a while. Nash and O'Neal cannot be as bad as they were in Philadelphia, Nash averaging 28.0 points and 9.5 assists in Phoenix's two victories over the Cavaliers last season. LeBron has also has averaged 31.6 points against the Suns - his highest career average against any opponent - including two 40-point games. Still, he is just 2-8 versus Phoenix, and tonight we might see Cavaliers' second upset of the season. If Richardson and Nash perform well enough from outside the paint, than LeBron and Iglauskas will have a hard time competing with them and with Stoudamire and Shaq in the paint. This one should be tight, as the Cavaliers b2b with some injury troubles should have a hard time here. Final idea is that Nash will want to prove that he has an All-Star value, even though he wasn't selected this year, so we might see another motivational game here for him. "Udachi" means Good luck in Russian.

Betting Pick : Suns +8.5
    Pinnacle

veto
    veto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRussianMob View Post
    The Cleveland Cavaliers are welcoming the Phoenix Suns on their home ground, trying to get a home win just after their perfect 23-0 record there had been ruined by the Lakers. The Cavaliers seemed in total control of that game and were leading by 10 at half time, but in the second half, Lakers became more aggressive and forced a lot of error on their opponents, .............

im not reading all that but nash is hurt not playin- just a heads up.

TheRussianMob
    TheRussianMob's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes Veto, now I see. I will have to live with Mr. Barbosa.
    Excuse me I need to vent. Idi na xuy husesos. Ok I feel better.

Gamble2Win
    Gamble2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

i rolled with the suns +11! and thats not even looking good! That mo williams went off tonight 40+@@!!!