csimmalavong
    csimmalavong's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are the Raptors really THAT bad

are the raps really that bad ?

it is Minnesota's first game without Al Jefferson, who averages around 25ppg and 10 rebounds. He is pretty much the soul of their offense and defense.

that is a big chunk...

with rookie kevin love and inexperienced players guarding the paint for minnesota (craig smith, gomes, etc), this is the chance for jermaine and bargnani to capitalize.

I know the raps are weak, but this game should be a must win game if they still want to make the playoffs.

I personally dont believe the raps have thrown in the towel yet, this team is too talented to do that this early, especially with the weak east conference.

Back to Minnesota, I dont think they have enough weapons to outscore this team. Randy Foye will have a big day and probably Mike Miller too, but I believe the raps come through, with a big Calderon game and all around effort.

Perosnally being a rapstors fan, lately Ive expected them to lose every game, but this one they cant let go..

TORONTO RAPTORS -2.5 is the play my friends.

vrucajanjetina
    vrucajanjetina's Avatar Become A Pro!

They WILL cover. Trust me.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

makes me feel better betting Minnesota

Godzilla
    Godzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by csimmalavong View Post
    are the raps really that bad ?

I personally dont believe the raps have thrown in the towel yet, this team is too talented to do that this early, especially with the weak east conference.
    Eastern Conference is just as strong as the West I think.

csimmalavong

ok and that is why a team like NJ Nets under .500 is in the playoffs but a team above .500 is not in Utah...

either way, the raps still have something to play for...
    unlike minny...

if the raps lose today, the season is over imo.
    just look at their upcoming recent schedule

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Minn...nervous about them losing Jefferson but I'm rolling the dice on the home dog.

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

raptors play for playoff

Six loses in row and counting! I guess they now play for better draft spot!

Vincepcion
    Fading Tha_Diesel
    Vincepcion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by aca View Post
    raptors play for playoff

Six loses in row and counting! I guess they now play for better draft spot!
    Keep in mind they are losing WITHOUT their best player, who is due back soon, and they have lost a lot of games with their second best player injured too (Calderon).

If the Raps are healthy they are about a 6-8 seed in the East.

With regards to the person who said the East is just as strong as the West...Houston/Phoenix/Utah are the 7/8/9 seeds and one of them is missing the playoffs. They are all locks for the playoffs in the East. However I do think overall the top 3 teams in the East are collectively stronger than the top 3 teams in the West.

Anyway I digress, I think the Raps take this because they are getting desperate. Losing Al Jefferson hurts them more than the Raptors losing Bosh imo.

csimmalavong

Quote Originally Posted by Vincepcion View Post
    Keep in mind they are losing WITHOUT their best player, who is due back soon, and they have lost a lot of games with their second best player injured too (Calderon).

If the Raps are healthy they are about a 6-8 seed in the East.

With regards to the person who said the East is just as strong as the West...Houston/Phoenix/Utah are the 7/8/9 seeds and one of them is missing the playoffs. They are all locks for the playoffs in the East. However I do think overall the top 3 teams in the East are collectively stronger than the top 3 teams in the West.

Anyway I digress, I think the Raps take this because they are getting desperate. Losing Al Jefferson hurts them more than the Raptors losing Bosh imo.
    great use of words...
    the raps are truly "desperate" for a win..
    i hope you are correct, raps -2.5 is the play...
    unless minnesota backdoor covers

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm wach game against bucks (I has rap ML, Calderon and Bosh was play) and it was ugly home loss after 3 wins a row! My english is bad but they played much worse! After that they are joke!
    They can win tonight only because 7 in row is something special!
    But statement that game is important for them for playoff make my day!

They now hold 14/15 spot on east on half saason! They will not see Playoff for very long time!

Vincepcion
    Fading Tha_Diesel
    Vincepcion's Avatar Become A Pro!

They won't make the playoffs but theyre 6 games back...with the terrible East teams on the playoff bubble it's not likely but it is possible

FWIW I was on that Raps -7 for the Bucks game too and I thought it was a really good bet. If you don't want to back the Raps right now I don't blame you but I still think the play is -2.5

GL bro