johnnyP
    johnnyP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston Celtics = Good Investment

Boston Celtics = Good Investment

I live in the Boston area and catch a lot of Boston Celtic games. The Celtics were a great investment early in the year and if you supported them you made some good profits. But during their recent slump a lot of us certainly lost a few bucks. The Celts seem to be getting back to their winning ways and have been great against New Jersey the past 5 quarters.

The thing about the Celts is that it seems that they get bored and distracted during games. Almost like they need some drama to get motivated and focused on the court. This has happened to many great teams over the years especially against lesser teams.

But I think its time to get back on board with the Celtics. But, I strongly recommend First Quarter or First Half investments instead of ATS investments.

Here is an interesting stat that I base my recommendation on:

As of 1-14-09 the Celtics have won 65% of first quarters and average +3.1 more points than their opponents. (as I’m writing this the Celtics 1st quarter numbers have just improved against NJ at NJ 29-15)

They have also won 52% of 2nd quarters averaging +1.4 more points then their opponents.

With these numbers you can see a team that gets out to a strong lead early in the game. Their numbers are still strong in 3rd quarters at 66% wins at +4 points avg but drop significantly to 50% of 4th quarters at –0.3 diff.

With big first half leads the bench is getting a lot of time in the second half and risks covering the spread as teams scramble to get back into games, which has happened several times this year especially with spreads of –10 or more.

Just some thoughts in my humble opinion. This forum has been a great blessing and hopefully this will help someone.

Thanks to all for your info and Good Luck on your bets.
    Big props to CK and Dex!

jcljack25
    jcljack25's Avatar Become A Pro!

NJ second half

I am thinking of taking NJ second half ML, to hedge my Boston bet for the game.

Thoughts?

johnnyP
    johnnyP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jcljack25 View Post
    I am thinking of taking NJ second half ML, to hedge my Boston bet for the game.

Thoughts?
    I wouldn't put a penny on NJ today.
    Look at the boxscore from the Wednesday game between these two teams
    (Link to ESPN)
    Celts are pounding them right now and the only chance NJ may have IMO is 4th quarter when the Celts let the ball boy play point guard.

But anything is possible and I am not a psychic.