2qwik
    2qwik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I am hesitant to put a big play on the Spurs after their ATS performances recently. I like the Morrison system though and the stat about after a win against Cleveland. It just seems like the Bulls are doing better with a healthy Luol Deng back in the mix.

I am leaning towards buying a pt for Spurs to get them at -2 and doing the under of 195.5

A few trends to consider:
    San Antonio is 13-2 SU in its last 15 games when playing Chicago
    San Antonio is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Chicago
    San Antonio is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Chicago
    San Antonio is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Chicago
    The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chicago's last 5 games when playing San Antonio
    The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Chicago's last 13 games when playing at home against San Antonio
    Chicago is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games at home
    The total has gone OVER in 12 of Chicago's last 18 games

Sloanie29
    Sloanie29's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jaymac,

why is Northestern only -3 when they just rolled Hofstra a few wks ago by 17? I know NE was home, but still, should be more than 3, no?

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Morning all. Well, it's save to say my internet connections is all screwed up! Needed to make a chnage and on wednesday i will be switching from dsl to cable. Let's hope this works out. In the meantime i'll do with what i can. Tough week in NBA but time to move on.

Ck, loving your Denver pick! Gutsy, ballsy but love it! I'll look waht else there is.

Africanroller, any thoughts on NHL? Early leans for me today so far,

Los Angeles
    -3b2b OT games for Dallas and LA has beaten them 4 of the last 5.

Buffalo
    -Home team is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings.
    -Favorite is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings
    -Hurricanes are 2-6 in the last 8 meetings.
    -Hurricanes are 0-5 in the last 5 meetings in Buffalo

Chicago/St Louis Over
    -Over is 11-1 in Blues last 12 home games
    -Over is 6-0 in the last 6 meeting head to head

I'll look at more.

maddogmadden86
    maddogmadden86's Avatar Become A Pro!

not much time to post as i'm in a rush to go to AC for my buddies bachelor party, playing the
    Jazz
    Nuggies
    Spurs
    Celtics
    Bobcats
    Good luck all and cheers

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

fusion, same on my book as well. now i am taking another look at portland as the bobcats will be without carroll and hollins b/c of the diop trade (he will not play tonight). bobcats will be playing with even less of a full deck, any opinions on this?

mixbakes
    mixbakes's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm liking MIL to cover -3.5 @ lac. CK, how do you think of that game?

also picking:

bos-7.5 @ njn
    noh-1.5 @ det

2qwik
    2qwik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

NO at -2.5 now from -1 that I saw it at last night.

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

detroit again without hamilton. anybody know if hamilton will play?

char traded caroll for diop, im expecting both player will not play. meaning extended minutes for raja and felton

bogut still out until they play at milwaukee court

007Fatty
    007Fatty's Avatar Become A Pro!

you gotta remember too orl is 3-0 for their road trip. they got one game left they are gonna be going so hard to not lose a game on their road trip. and both teams play hard.

Dfjay9
    Dfjay9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3196

I just can't seem to be able to bet against the Magic. They're way too hot lately.

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

why majority public on Boston, but the line went down to -6.5???

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

My official plays for today:

Bos -6.5 , Nyk +3 and Sas -3.5

(Bos-6.5,Cha+2.5,Nyk+3,Sas-3.5,Hou-3,Uta/dal O 199.5) 6 game parlay for $100.Additional of (Orl+1,Mil-3.5,Det+2) 9 game parlay for $15.

I'm praying right now that all of them covers.

UndersSuck
    UndersSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Doing a little research this AM came up with the following ATS numbers for the NBA.

Top 5 ATS Overall
    1. ORL 28-12
    2. CLE

jgbgsox
    jgbgsox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7223

can someone explain to me what a morrison play is i see that aalot in these threads and also fading ? just getting into sports betting and any advice will help thanks

UndersSuck

Doing a little research this AM came up with the following ATS numbers for the NBA.

Top 5 ATS Overall
    1. ORL 28-12
    2. CLE 27-11
    3. MIL 26-14
    4. OKC 26-14-1
    5. CHA 22-17

LAST 15 GAMES ATS
    1. OKC 13-2
    2. ORL 12-3
    3. PHI 10-5
    4. MIA 9-6
    4. CHA 9-6
    4. UTA 9-6

Smacksmiter
    Smacksmiter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very hard for me to go against Orlando right now... throwing a couple of teasers together..

3 Team 8pt BK Special Teasers

501] BOSTON +1½-110 (B+8)
    [509] SAN ANTONIO +4½-110 (B+8)
    [513] ORLANDO +9-110 (B+8)

[501] BOSTON +1½-110 (B+8)
    [504] CHARLOTTE +10½-110 (B+8)
    [513] ORLANDO +9-110 (B+8)

Any tie is a loss with these teasers... opinions?

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Hey guys, I am new to SBR. I have been following this thread closely for the last 3 weeks and I have definitely learn a lot. The last week hasn't been great but I know that you got to have ups and downs in wagering. I like dexter's celtics pick for today but I am just curious why is the odds so high at celtics -7 +100. Am i missing something?
    i think the line is exactly where it should be.

booked plays-

celtics -6.5
    hornets -2.5
    heat +3.5 (large)
    nuggets -1 (large)

Smacksmiter

Anyone concerned that the Charlotte/Dallas trade might have some effect on the games tonight?

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

JohnMorr08

Of course I am playing all of the Morrison Plays as I have all year, however, I don't always list them when I play them. In the case of the Spurs, they didn't make the grade due to their poor back end of back to back games this year. I have a little doubt that they will perform well today, they just didn't make the cut in terms of me giving them to the public as a pick of mine. I only list the picks of mine that coincide wth the Morrison play. They have a terrific winning percentage overall though. But I don't like buying a whole lot of points. in the case of thie Spurs game today, it wouldn't make sense to play them buying 3 points. It actually makes more sense to play them with the moneyline, and for that reason, it becomes a much more difficult play indeed. However, the Bulls are due for a letdown after the big win over Cleveland yesterday. Then in the other pay, it is also difficult to go against the Pistons at home being a home dog. New Orleans is good, however, in this game it makes sense to play them on the moneyline as well, although I don't think that they will pick up the win in Detroit today. I actually pegged Detroit to win this game as a slight favorite by 3. that's one hell of a back to back playing Cleveland one day and then the Pistons the next with travel involved. Detroit can match up with the Hornets very well player for player.

Portland will have problems against the Bobcats, as the Bobbies already had a surplus of players that have the same skill set as Carrol. Hollins had fallen out of the rotation anyway, so personnel wise all of the Bobcats good players are still intact, and the fhat that they will play extended minutes is only a plus for them. They are well rested and will make a good game out of this one. One look at the ine falling with 74% of bettors on the side of Portland gives my point validity. I have them at +2.5. I won't be buying points this week because I am involved in a challenge. hockeytown11 is now out searching for a pick service to help him out, but it won't be to any avail. I cap my own games and I know when to lay the hammer and when to put a measeley $300.00 on a game.

Dana4U
    Dana4U's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK - what's your thoughts on tomorrow's NFL plays?

fusion
    fusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey ck, what do you think about mil -3. they have been playing well lately and LAC is having injury problems.

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by darkenergy View Post
    I am a little supprised to see CK didn't included Spurs in his card today, wondering why?
    Can anyone point out why Duncan and Parker seem like sat out for most of the 4th quarter last night. Look like all of the starter are not playing in 4th quarter, am I wrong???
    This is the first game that I do my own thinking and may go very big on this. If I lost, I may have to stop this betting thing and Ebaying some of my toys.
    veteran teams do that sometimes when they have a back to back going.

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dana4u,

I am taking the Cardinals and Ravens. I am riding the Ravens much the same way that I rode the Giants most of this year, and they have been cashing a lot of tickets for me on this hot streak. So I am going to go down in flames right along with them. As far as the Cardinals are concerned, I always play home dogs that play on a different surface than the favored team coming in. I think that this game will be decided by a field goal and no more than that.

Cardinals+4
    Ravens+6

fusion,

The Bucks are playing a back end game, and they went over 100 points last night and went way over the total. My gut feeling on that game is to ride with the under as the total looks suspiciously low to me. The Clips lack players that can create their own shot off the dribble, but they are in a seemingly vulerable position, which makes them a dangerous team. A man laying down in the field is more dangerous than 10 soldiers running in your direction....

Smacksmiter

Hmm.... Spurs line moved to -4...moneyline still at -155 like it was at -3.5...

Houston is at -4 but moneyline is at -165
    Last edited by Smacksmiter; 01-17-09 at 11:55 AM.

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Sloanie29 View Post
    Jaymac,

why is Northestern only -3 when they just rolled Hofstra a few wks ago by 17? I know NE was home, but still, should be more than 3, no?
    classic vegas trap on the public heavy road favorite perhaps - i was looking at the game, and while i know nothing about any of these players, the line should have been around 5-6 imo.

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

So I woke up this morning and there is some serious line movement in all 4 games I was looking at last night.

Spurs, opened at +4 (???) and is now at -3 with 87% of the public on them.
    Hornets, opened as a PK, now is at -2.5 with 53% of the public on them.
    Knicks, opened at +3, now is at +1.5 with 21% of the public on them (RLM)
    Mavericks, opened at -3.5, now is at -5 with 34% of the public on them (RLM)

You have to like the movement in all 4.

UndersSuck

just saw a great stat on the Celtics game!! The C's have won NINE staight with Scalabrine as a starter!! Go Figure!!

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by UndersSuck View Post
    just saw a great stat on the Celtics game!! The C's have won NINE staight with Scalabrine as a starter!! Go Figure!!
    9 straight - straight up doesnt work in our world...

UndersSuck

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    9 straight - straight up doesnt work in our world...
    And I think its safe to say he does very little to help our ATS needs!!

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

going out on a limb here, Nets +6.5. i will probably kick myself later as literally we are talking about .25 pts in my main model making the decision. gotta go with the numbers though, not the heart.

Dexter
    Update your status

celts playing with passion early on both ends

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by LUNT101 View Post
    So I woke up this morning and there is some serious line movement in all 4 games I was looking at last night.

Spurs, opened at +4 (???) and is now at -3 with 87% of the public on them.
    Hornets, opened as a PK, now is at -2.5 with 53% of the public on them.
    Knicks, opened at +3, now is at +1.5 with 21% of the public on them (RLM)
    Mavericks, opened at -3.5, now is at -5 with 34% of the public on them (RLM)

You have to like the movement in all 4.
    you're seeing an error somewhere. the spurs opened at -3.

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ya. I was looking at twominutewarning.com/bettracker.htm -- Clearly there's an error there.

Just double checked on SBR Odds and you're right.
    Last edited by Illusion; 01-17-09 at 02:45 PM.

joanapoker
    joanapoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi everybody,

Today I'm just Playing one bet of the board (it's mainly the DrJohn bet B)
    SA-2 (just bought 1.5 points)
    MIA/HOU OVER 187.5 (both teams average score is 97 points and alowed an average of 95, last game the total was 205 points in Miami, and most important last 5 games MIA is 5-0 to the OVER with an average score of 104 and allowing 105)!
    HOU -1 1st Quarter (houston is a machine in 1st qrt against a poor 1st qrt Miami team!)
    Last edited by joanapoker; 01-17-09 at 12:35 PM.

chipper8888
    chipper8888's Avatar Become A Pro!

have to go with you boys on the Nuggets, this Orlando run has to come to an end soon and what better time than after a nationwide TV victory against the Lakers

First 12345 ... Last