jtsneaks
    jtsneaks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

2nd Half NBA

I am around tonight playing NBA second halves, if your playing chime in!!

Wiz +2

The Knicks are rebounding well enough but have shot 18 3's leading to 29% from the field. The Wiz seem like they are playing more determined. I have the Wix in the game and think they pour it on in the second half getting revenge for all thebeatings they took in the regular season.

JT Sneaks

jtsneaks

Sixers +3.5 -105

The Sixers are playing with some intensity tonight and you see it on the boards where they have a 26-15 advantage over the Spurs. Both teams are shooting well from behind the arc but late in the game I will take rebounding because shooting will fade, size doesn't.

JT Sneaks

007Fatty
    007Fatty's Avatar Become A Pro!

if i may add. utah/memphis second half will be a deff -2.5 utah.

jtsneaks

OKC +4.5

This fits into a nice system I have plus the numbers stack up nicely. Pistons shooting 59% from the floor and they will have trouble matching that and the Thunder is cramming the boards. I will take the points and the home team in this one.

JT Sneaks

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okc +210 ml

I like OKC on the money line +210

curious

Utah ML +105

Utah moneyline +105

curious

Cleveland -150 ML

Cleaveland ML -150

jtsneaks

Curious like the play on the ML with the Thunder....but against you on the other one...

Memphis -1

Despite the score this game has been played somewhat evenly when it comes to pure numbers. Rebounding is square but the Jazz are shooting very well at 52% and I don't look for that to continue in the second half. I will take the home team in the second half to bring below eight.

JT Sneaks

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

I'm pounding New Orleans -3.5 at the half (-105)

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    I'm pounding New Orleans -3.5 at the half (-105)

The (105) makes it even better!

curious

Quote Originally Posted by jtsneaks View Post
    Curious like the play on the ML with the Thunder....but against you on the other one...

Memphis -1

Despite the score this game has been played somewhat evenly when it comes to pure numbers. Rebounding is square but the Jazz are shooting very well at 52% and I don't look for that to continue in the second half. I will take the home team in the second half to bring below eight.

JT Sneaks
    My condolences on your loss on Memphis 2H.

MJ
    MJ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are the Detroit Pistons the most miserable team in the NBA? They get my vote.

jtsneaks

MJ,

I really think they have yet to gel with AI. I know he has been there for quite some time, but they have to get out of me first mode, and Stuckey to me is playing better than anyone on that team as a whole.

looking at Phoenix/minny second half any thoughts?

JT Sneaks

thundercats
    thundercats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    Are the Detroit Pistons the most miserable team in the NBA? They get my vote.
    x2

jtsneaks

Suns -4 -105

The stats say fade this play as the Suns are shooting much better but Minny is intimidated against the Suns and will fade under that pressure and settle for bad shots, turnovers, and frustrating fouls late in this one.

JT Sneaks

curious

Phoenix ML -215

Phoenix ML -215

curious

OKC +4.5

This fits into a nice system I have plus the numbers stack up nicely. Pistons shooting 59% from the floor and they will have trouble matching that and the Thunder is cramming the boards. I will take the points and the home team in this one.

JT Sneaks
    Can you explain this system a little bit? I have been looking for a 2H system that works.

jtsneaks

Sure curious, let me put the disclaimer on this as for the norm: the system is not fool proof or promises non stop winners, etc blah, blah, blah....

Okay this is a system I love: When a favorite is losing at half time and in order to cover the second half line it requires them to win out right I play against them.

In this case: Detroit was a 4-5 point favorite down by 3 at the half and they needed to cover 4-4.5 in the second half basically asking them to "just win" and this to me is a fade on the favorite.

Now keep in mind I use pure stats here too, looking at FG%, rebounds, etc but that is the system.

Hope that answers your question,

JT Sneaks

curious

Sure curious, let me put the disclaimer on this as for the norm: the system is not fool proof or promises non stop winners, etc blah, blah, blah....

Okay this is a system I love: When a favorite is losing at half time and in order to cover the second half line it requires them to win out right I play against them.

In this case: Detroit was a 4-5 point favorite down by 3 at the half and they needed to cover 4-4.5 in the second half basically asking them to "just win" and this to me is a fade on the favorite.

Now keep in mind I use pure stats here too, looking at FG%, rebounds, etc but that is the system.

Hope that answers your question,

JT Sneaks
    I'm not sure I understand what this means: "When a favorite is losing at half time and in order to cover the second half line it requires them to win out right I play against them." Do you mean in order for them to cover the 2nd Half line they have to not just win the game but cover the spread?

jtsneaks

sorry if i was unclear...

what i meant was in order to cover the second half spread they would have to win the game outright.

Pistons were -4.5 and down by 3 at the half.

The score was 49-46 in favor of OKC..for the Pistons to cover the second half line they would have had to win by 2, or win the game outright on the floor.

Does that make sense?

JT Sneaks

007Fatty

k im interested too. fill in please im confused..

007Fatty

so at half wat team and wat did you bet on??

jtsneaks

Okay at the half OKC was up 49-46 over Detroit and Detroit were 5 point favorites in the game.

In the second half Detroit was -4.5 which means that in order to cover the second half spread at -4.5 they would have to win the game by two points. Since the oddsmakers were asking for a favorite to cover the second half spread by just winning the game outright it was a fade to me....any better?

JT Sneaks

MJ

I put some cash on Sacramento -4.5 for the second half.

MJ

MJ,

I really think they have yet to gel with AI. I know he has been there for quite some time, but they have to get out of me first mode, and Stuckey to me is playing better than anyone on that team as a whole.

looking at Phoenix/minny second half any thoughts?

JT Sneaks
    Sadly, AI is one of those players who probably will never gel with any team. They should have never traded Billups. My opinion.

jtsneaks

It did not look so bad when it happened but Billups has made all the difference in the world to Denver. I am a Celtics fan so I know what its like to lose Billups and see him do well somewhere else....

JT Sneaks

jtsneaks

2-2-1

tonight in second halves but in the late game I am looking at a few...

Lakers PK

Is it me or does Orlando look sluggish? I think the road has caught up with them....

maybe another one but that is it for now....

JT Sneaks

MJ

It did not look so bad when it happened but Billups has made all the difference in the world to Denver. I am a Celtics fan so I know what its like to lose Billups and see him do well somewhere else....

JT Sneaks
    Team Chemistry means everything. Billups was not a flashy player but he knew how to blend in with his team. I will take a player like that over a supposed superstar any day of the week. AI needs to be the man, he can't be the man anymore and but he will take the Pistons down with him.

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay at the half OKC was up 49-46 over Detroit and Detroit were 5 point favorites in the game.

In the second half Detroit was -4.5 which means that in order to cover the second half spread at -4.5 they would have to win the game by two points. Since the oddsmakers were asking for a favorite to cover the second half spread by just winning the game outright it was a fade to me....any better?

JT Sneaks
    I use that system too sometimes JT.
    Basically what JT is saying is this:

Det 46
    Okl 49
    Det is down 3 points at Halftime.
    Halftime line is -4.5.
    This means in order for detroit to cover the 2nd H line, they need to win by 5 points or more. Assuming they win by 5 in the 2nd H, that means they really only won the game by 2 points. However the Game spread is set at -4.5 for Detroit. Therefore he likes the dog to cover the 2nd H spread. IF the 2nd H line came in at Detroit -8 or more, he would have been taking Det.
    I think thats what you're doing, if not....then ignore what I just said

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also if this is what Im thinking then your Phoenix -4 (2nd H) is the wrong play:

Minn 49
    Phx 53
    Phx is up 4 points at Halftime
    Halftime Line is Phx -4
    Game spread is -8
    They basically gave the same spread. If they went Phx -5 (2nd H spread), this surpasses the Game spread and Phx would have been the play. The bigger the difference, the better the play IMO.
    Again, if this is not in line with your system, then ignore