andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Average NBA player annual salary = $5.15 million

Here is the "average player salary" for each of the major U.S. professional team sports, based on a variety of sources using the most recent data available:

NBA: $5.15 million (2010-11)
    MLB: $3.34 million (2010)
    NHL: $2.4 million (2010-11)
    NFL: $1.9 million (2010)

24 out of 30 NBA teams are losing money even though the NBA is at the height of its popularity.

The average NBA player makes $5.15 million per year for playing basketball which represents 57% of all revenues.

Their labor agreement expired and the owners offered a 50-50 split of revenues which would mean the average NBA player would earn approximately $4.5 million dollars per year under the owner's offer to the NBA players union.

The players union unanimously objected to this $4.5 million average NBA player salary saying its blatantly unfair to the players.

Due to the bloated salaries paid to the players as demanded by the union, ticket costs have become unaffordable for the average middle class fan with huge corporations making up the majority of ticket sales since they can write off the price of the tickets as a business expense.

This is what happens when a business continues to give in to unreasonable union demands year after year after year.

Heres hoping the NBA lockout lasts 10 years.

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

to think half of these gorillas would be in jail if it wasn't for the nba

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

^^^ Dude, grow up!

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Here is the "average player salary" for each of the major U.S. professional team sports, based on a variety of sources using the most recent data available:

NBA: $5.15 million (2010-11)
    MLB: $3.34 million (2010)
    NHL: $2.4 million (2010-11)
    NFL: $1.9 million (2010)

24 out of 30 NBA teams are losing money even though the NBA is at the height of its popularity.

The average NBA player makes $5.15 million per year for playing basketball which represents 57% of all revenues.

Their labor agreement expired and the owners offered a 50-50 split of revenues which would mean the average NBA player would earn approximately $4.5 million dollars per year under the owner's offer to the NBA players union.

The players union unanimously objected to this $4.5 million average NBA player salary saying its blatantly unfair to the players.

Due to the bloated salaries paid to the players as demanded by the union, ticket costs have become unaffordable for the average middle class fan with huge corporations making up the majority of ticket sales since they can write off the price of the tickets as a business expense.

This is what happens when a business continues to give in to unreasonable union demands year after year after year.

Heres hoping the NBA lockout lasts 10 years.
    Those statistics are very misleading. I don't have a side in these negotiations, but I can tell you that the "average" NBA player does NOT make $5.15 million a year.....

Takethebooki
    chizzy owes me 330 pts?
    Takethebooki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

yea we all know. That is why there is a lockout in the nba right now retard

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

D league is jumping up and down in hopes of fans actually attending the games.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

I could care less. They can stay locked out.

On the other hand.. when Sportscenter does their NBA segment during the season it gets me off the couch and I'm more productive.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

The people who really hurt are the hot dog vendors, concession workers, program sellers, the people who feed thier families on probably 10$ per hour