nonsense48
    nonsense48's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by maddogmadden86 View Post
    dex i do as well, i can agree with your guy with star bucks but i wouldnt until close to the summer time enter a position into them they grew way to fast and need a little more time to fix up their balance sheets nosense i would wait a little longer wiht pfizer they have a lot of cash on hand and should be using it soon
    thanks madd

maddogmadden86
    maddogmadden86's Avatar Become A Pro!

also nosense my firm put in a recommendation for eli lilly two weeks ago saw a nice return with that along with teh biotech ETF XBI, saw a nice 8 point return in that one

nonsense48

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    I usually only like to play 4 games or less per day. I do better that way, cause when I play more than that I feel like im spreading out my dough to much. Ill occasionally play more but like to stick with 4. Do you guys play a lot of games? Just curious.....I do have a well established bank roll to work with.
    during regular seasons i play 2-3 games a day in bb and in fb i play 3,4,5 or6 games a week but i play most bowl games in cfb and most nfl playoff games and of course large on the superbowl.
    Last edited by nonsense48; 01-01-09 at 08:33 PM.

nonsense48

Quote Originally Posted by maddogmadden86 View Post
    also nosense my firm put in a recommendation for eli lilly two weeks ago saw a nice return with that along with teh biotech ETF XBI, saw a nice 8 point return in that one
    very nice madd. sounds like you do fairly well. keep me posted if you hear of any solid leads. thanks in advance my friend.

maddogmadden86
    maddogmadden86's Avatar Become A Pro!

no problem nonsense will do

nonsense48

CK, how young are you going to be tomorrow? HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER!

indeed
    indeed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Shoe - I try not to play too many games as well .. if I can't watch the games, I try not to wager on them because I want to know if I can wager on that team again, especially in basketball. League pass broadband let's me watch 3 at a time and the fourth is on the TV .. keeps my evenings interesting.

On days like today when there is all these bowl games, it was still not that many plays: Detroit/Chicago outdoor hockey .. Rose, Outback, Capital One, and Orange Bowls ..

Totally agree that spreading out the money too much can get a bit taxing. I don't feel like I win enough to justify the plays even if it is better in guaranteeing no big losses in funds. I've started a thing where I go big on one game, small on two others, then small play on a parlay for the day. I've found that that's the best way to balance making some serious money and preventing huge losses. Works for me for now until I can just throw my money around as a super high roller like CK

nonsense48

i never play parlays, teasers, futures or any of the gimmick bets. i had an old jewish man in vegas years ago tell that was how the book made the majority of their money because the odds are way against your winning them. just straight wagers for me and i've done very well for myself over the years. i can honestly say that i've never had a losing year and i keep a running total for the entire year.

billcat
    billcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Orlando looks good tomorrow, even with out Pietrus out. -8.5 right now against the heat.

billcat
    billcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

ignore my unintended double negative. Pietrus is out with a broken wrist.

nonsense48

that's nice. the vt fg that is.

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well ladies and gentlemen,

What a nice prosperous day, huh? I just got in. Been out and about most of the day with the Missus, getting things for my birthday which is tomorrow. There'snothing left to wager on today, so this bar is now closed...

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

nonsense48,

I will be 41 years young!

nonsense48

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    nonsense48,

I will be 41 years young!
    CK,tomorrow IS the big day right? here are my picks for tomorrow's bowl games:tex tech-4 capped to win by 2td's,ky+3 capped to win by 10 and utah+9'. i think they may win outright.

indeed
    indeed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense48 View Post
    i never play parlays, teasers, futures or any of the gimmick bets. i had an old jewish man in vegas years ago tell that was how the book made the majority of their money because the odds are way against your winning them. just straight wagers for me and i've done very well for myself over the years. i can honestly say that i've never had a losing year and i keep a running total for the entire year.
    Yea, he's totally right .. it's almost like donating to the books! This past month was a pretty good one with some of my parlays .. I hit one out of every three or four, so they started to sort of pay for themselves. The bowl game parlay I hit to start the bowl season was nice and pretty much has carried me through these past few weeks, but you're right that they're silly bets.

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

and my lock hits.. va tech

First 1234