TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says
    TehSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

What the hell is going on

Before I start, let me link the article that was published on the evil four letter network today.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/70...vid-stern-says

This is an article about the most recent CBA negotiations. It is crunch time and the owners seem to be making some concessions to the players. They have abandoned the hard cap and proposed a 50/50 split of the revenue (the seemingly biggest issue on the table).

I have been flopping back and forth on sides, mainly siding with the owners, but the most recent news has made me so angry at the players its not even funny. They got 57% of the revenue in the previous CBA. The league lost money and the players still want a majority of the money, even though all they have to pay for is their huge houses and Maybachs, where the owners have to pay for their front office staff, arenas and all the other billions in expenses.

I understand the players are who make the league money and they deserve a small majority of the revenues, but come the f*** on. It is no longer on the owners if games are lost and we all can't bet on the NBA. They are trying. The league needs to be more competitive and there is no reason that the 2010 season, the most successful in decades lost money. Contracts that are 6 years and have huge guarantees are ridiculous. If the NFL can realize this, the NBA should to. I can name 100 players in the league right now that are grossly overpaid and don't deserve it.

Just trying to get all your thoughts on this matter. I am really upset about it and I hated Derrick Fisher before this and now I think he should be round house kicked to the face. Any thoughts?

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

I agree that players are getting greedy at the expense of the game & yet claimed how much they are respected the game; it's not just Fisher, it's Kobe, Wade, bron and a whole heap other players are behind this push. On the other hand, I believe the league can boost more revenue via oversea expansion teams in Europe & South America, make it more global. Plenty of money through TV rights, merchandise etc if you get it right. I know country such as Australia was completely shut out of NBA's broadcast between 97 to 2009, unless subscribed cable to see just 3 games a week, what a joke; a generation grown up during this period had given up on NBA, stop buy collectible cards and went on to something else. Only recent time that pirate internet broadcast games that had brought them back and have reach out to them.

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

NBA will start soon, don't worry. Today's meeting was a progress. Owners raised their offer from 47 to 50%, while players dropped a unit to 53%. This is a progrees no doubt. Plus the fact that the players will starting REALLY losing money from now on

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says

I am hoping that all the players who don't save any of their millions will feel the hurt of not being able to pay their huge bills when they are losing paychecks and start to fold.

I disagree that it is all on the big name players making all the trouble. They will make the same amount of money. It is the back ups and roll players making 5-6 million a year for >20 minutes a game who are making the trouble. They know they make too much money and don't want to lose it. Travis Outlaw.

Mad Thunder
    Mad Thunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Derek Fisher and co. say they aren't going to budge... let's see how long that'll hold..

It's starting to get really annoying to be honest. Granted that I'm not exactly a huge fan of David Stern, but the NBA already put up a pretty good deal and the players still want more cash. That's just nuts.

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Greed.

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Thunder View Post
    Derek Fisher and co. say they aren't going to budge... let's see how long that'll hold..

It's starting to get really annoying to be honest. Granted that I'm not exactly a huge fan of David Stern, but the NBA already put up a pretty good deal and the players still want more cash. That's just nuts.
    what fisher does to his union members

Mirar Baseball
    Mirar Baseball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fisher has made his coin. If I were him, I would do just the same. It's nice to have a chance to be 'a hero' for the players if losing the battle doesn't mean you have to go flip burgers.

A little hypocritical, don't you find?

Mad Thunder
    Mad Thunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TehSharp View Post
    what fisher does to his union members
    and to think fisher isn't much good in a game...