JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

Eurobasket 2011: Slovenia vs Greece

Odds are about the same and I'm actually leaning Slovenia, just not sure I can trust them...

They were leading the entire game against Russia a few days ago, only to lose by 1 point with 0.2 seconds to go, which funnily enough also happened to be the first and only lead by the Russian squad that game. My point - this wasn't the first time they lost the game in the final seconds, despite having outplayed their opponent for the majority of the time...

Speaking of which, the last two times these two teams have met, Slovenia lost by 1 point both times
    Slovenia : Greece
    20.09.2009 - EuroBasket, 3rd to 4th Place - 56 - 57
    14.09.2007 - EuroBasket, Quarter-Final Round - 62 - 63

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    Odds are about the same and I'm actually leaning Slovenia, just not sure I can trust them...

They were leading the entire game against Russia a few days ago, only to lose by 1 point with 0.2 seconds to go, which funnily enough also happened to be the first and only lead by the Russian squad that game. My point - this wasn't the first time they lost the game in the final seconds, despite having outplayed their opponent for the majority of the time...

Speaking of which, the last two times these two teams have met, Slovenia lost by 1 point both times
    Slovenia : Greece
    20.09.2009 - EuroBasket, 3rd to 4th Place - 56 - 57
    14.09.2007 - EuroBasket, Quarter-Final Round - 62 - 63

In Madrid, back to 2007 Greece was down about 10-12 points 2,5 minutes before the end, but they got that game. Now there is no Papaloukas, no Diamantidis, no Spanoulis. Those leading players had the skills and the heart to take clutch shots. Now there is only Fotsis. Zisis is not the same and has focus at his playmaking role more.
    Slovenia is an older team and Smodis is like another player... sorry to watch him underperforming. The good years are past. Erazem Lorbek, Dragic and Lakovic. Those are the key players at this team. Lorbek is taking 11 attempts per game scoring an average of 12 points. He will be against Fotsis tonight.
    Statistics columns has similar numbers for both.

This is a "no-bet" game.
    I will place 0.25 Units to watch Extratime.

Good luck

JBT
    Square as a triangle

Betting to watch the overtime? Now that's a ballsy bet which I have never placed before... The odds must be good though!

Like you said yourself, Slovenia is known for leading and blowing it all in the final minutes... if it weren't for that, I'd be much more inclined to play them! I'm still going to put a bet on them I think, but Dragic and Lakovic better not be turning that ball over in the important moments like they know to from time to time...

Mirar Baseball
    Mirar Baseball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greece are better than advertised!

JBT
    Square as a triangle

To think that Slovenia was around +400 LIVE while trailing by 15... and I would've taken it too, had I not already had my money on them before at MUCH MUCH worse odds

It's far from over of course and they may still end up losing, but +400 compared to -110 that I got for basically the same thing is just pissing me off

At the time of this post they're leading by 2 at the end of the 3rd QT btw.
    Last edited by JBT; 09-08-11 at 02:19 PM.

JBT
    Square as a triangle

I guess I should've at least taken that Slovenia +9.5 LIVE, huh?