cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for Saturday 11/15/08

Tonight I like the Hornets 1st half against the Houston Rockets, and I also like the Minnesota T-Wolves+1 to get the job done against the Blazers.

The Hornets are being held responsible for failing to cash the PC Play ticket last night, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. it was the right call, but Brandon Roy kept making big time shots down the stretch, much to my chagrin. I rang up one of the PC Boys and we had a lengthy discussion about last night's game as well as the Detroit massacre which I cashed each and every lst quarter with the moneyline as well as the moneylines for the half and game.

"It was just one of those things," Grumpy told me. We had it right, we just got nailed with a backdoor cover. We'll go against the Blazers tomorrow on the back to back." Which is what i am doing.

Overall it was a sweet payday for Detroit as i was able to cash several huge moneylines for each quarter for $150.00including the +450 for the game and +275 for the first half with small $250.00 bets. So overall, with the lack of performance by the Celtics and the late game backdoor cover by the Blazers, the night was almost an even night.

First off, I would first like to apologize for having such a bad week, but such is the world of NBA handicapping when you do it everyday.

Once again, here are my plays

Minnesota+1
    New Orleans +1.5 1st half

As far as my NCAA football plays today I took

Notre Dame-4, Northwestern+3.5, Texas A&M+8, Maryland+3.5,and Boston College+6.5

My plays were posted on the NCAA handicapping page
    Last edited by cocknocker; 11-15-08 at 02:02 PM.

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

ck

I actually like the Blazers to get a road win vs Minn and I actually took Houston -1 for 1H as I think they are going to be happy to be back at home and want to start off on a nice lead.

Goodluck to you though. Your right about NBA capping this crap can be hard. But the payouts can be so so nice

oso
    oso's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ck what do yu think about GS +2.5 against the clipps

MoneySportsGuy

I like GS +2.5 and also for 1Q +1

lets cash it

cocknocker

Another interesting tidbit, the New Orleans game wasplayed in a different time zone late last night, and the game against Minnesota is an earlier game played at Mountain Standard time. bad news for the Blazers.

NYCKEV
    NYCKEV's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK u don't like Ptown do u? When following u last yr they burnt us a couple times and now again this yr they've burnt me twice already against the Heat and Hornets. I"m taking Ptown today -1 and if they burn me so be it, but gotta go with Ptown in this one.

MoneySportsGuy

ck

Interesting info there, you have a valid point about that time zone could mess up Portland with their bodies. But I still like Portland -1

cocknocker

Personally I can't see how the Clips are favored against any team, but they are desperate and will play all out to get a win. It makes sense taht the game woul go over the total with that in mind. Neither team wants the other teams' former player to show them up. Obviously, Baron is better than anything the Warriors have at the point, and Maggette is better than anything the Clips have at small forward, as they were starters for the other team the year before. I would have to give the edge to the Clips in this game, but only with the moneyline, no points involved. Th Warriors have a bad habit of playing up to the competition, but also down to the level of competition as well. On paper they should win, but all that it would take is for Kaman to get a decent game under his belt and the Clips may cruise. he is the key player of tonight's matchup.

cocknocker

NYCKEV, I know I remember that last year they went on a 17 game tear I think it was. But the line in this game has to raise eyebrows. If the Blazers were fresh I think the line would have been 4 or 5. With 75% on the Blazers side, the line should have grown by now, but it hasn't. I'm gonna have to ride with the home team and the "fishy" spread.

MoneySportsGuy

ck

Good point about the GS and Clips I just have not seen anything from Clips really at home and I know its going to be shoot out back and forth so interesting to see how its going to play out.

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

No worries Ck, it happens. Now let's get it ALL back plus more!

IrwinFletcher
    IrwinFletcher's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nobody on the Cavs tonight.. -10.5 vs. a short Utah team whose on the 2nd half of a b2b...

The LeBron's should get it done in the first half..

Comments?

cocknocker

Update: i am also taking the Celtics-5 for the 1st half against the Bucks. The Bucks are playing in the second of a back to back after scoring 100 points against the Grizzlies. Boston is coming off of a home loss against the Nuggets (Oh I know way too well). The carry over effect goes to Boston as they are the superior team, coming in off of a straight up home loss as a favorite of 10 or more points. So my updated playbook goes like this:

New Orleans+1.5 1st half
    Boston-5 1st half
    Minnesota +1

IrwinFletcher, I like that play. Very intelligent and well thought out.

IrwinFletcher

Also, everybody and their mother is on NJ tonight in ATL. Classic home/home b2b and the line has moved in ATL's favor...

Give me a reason not to pound ATL in the first half.. Please.

Thanks for the response CK..

Fletch.

IrwinFletcher

BTW.. Houston is still without Alston, right?.. That's a tough game coming off a fcuking pathetic 13pt fourth quarter last night..

Boston should be mad as fcuk after that drubbing they took last night.. love that first half play CK..

oso
    oso's Avatar Become A Pro!

Irwin, I like the hawks 1st half as well, CK last year we always played the opposite after a home and home...whoever covers the first night go against the next night..thoughts

IrwinFletcher

Has nobody seen the movie fletch... Dr. Rosenpenis?, Jim Swarthow?!!.

cocknocker

In home and home series, you must always take the team that lost ats in the previous game. Everybody always knows where the other player is going to be in a home and home. Enough said. You already know what to do.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    In home and home series, you must always take the team that lost ats in the previous game. Everybody always knows where the other player is going to be in a home and home. Enough said. You already know what to do.
    I think you're wrong about this game...NJ +10.5 looks like a gift to me, I jumped all over it this morning.

cocknocker

You may be right, roaster,

the line looks awfully high to cover for a tired Atlanta team. We'll see how it goes. I didn't play it due to the miles that the hawks have had to travel during their road trip. They are the superior team, but they are in a difficult positon to cover a line this high

roasthawg

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    You may be right, roaster,

the line looks awfully high to cover for a tired Atlanta team. We'll see how it goes. I didn't play it due to the miles that the hawks have had to travel during their road trip. They are the superior team, but they are in a difficult positon to cover a line this high
    Yeah, it looks like a good no play for you right now...NJ is playing a solid first half. Things could change but 10.5 seemed way high to me.

Alex68
    Alex68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Where is Money?

Alex68

CK, what do u think about Clev -9.5 for 2h?

cocknocker

Money us in his way to the Tampa Bay game, so he won't be joining us until Monday again, homes. So I guess that he will be placing money on the Bucs. Butin the mean and between, since New Orleans is messing up my 1st half bet, it looks like it will be a good idea to take them in the 2nd half, as it looks as if they will be behind by more than 10 at the half.

Alex68

Should I double up on NO 2h?

cocknocker

Matter of fact, New Orleans gives up 47.64 points in the second half and Houston gives up 38.33 which is a 9.01 difference in the Rockets favor. But the Hornets are a notorious 2nd half team. So with indecision in mind I will lay off this game and look at Boston which is headed toward a wire to wire game

roasthawg

Pound NO 2nd half...they're the better team.

Alex68

No -2 & Chi -1/2?

cocknocker

The line went up from 2- to 2.5 for New Orleans and Boston came in at -2 with a 12 point lead, so naturally i am playing .......New orleans-2.5 and laying off the Celtics as i played that one heavy to make up for the loss that had yesterday with them, but New orleans now owes me well over $2500.00, so they get the nod based purely on dividends

cocknocker

No Boston 2nd half for me, CK Mafia. Those teams are on the verge of a fistfight.

Alex68

Thanks CK.

cocknocker

Hornets are toast. I will play them on 11/19 when they play the Kings. They are underperforming this year and not playing with the same intensity and sense of urgency. I just donated another $250.00 to a charity in their name

cocknocker

I have no idea how we covered the 2nd half New Orleans bet but whatever, I will take it!

cocknocker

At least i went 4-1 in college football, and 2-2 in NBA tonight with losses on New Orleans 1st half and Minnesota+1 game, and wins on Boston 1st half and New Orleans 2nd half. I will play Baltimore Ravens, Seattle, and Jacksonville tomorrow in NFL