Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Stephen A. Smith’s The One Starting Rumors About LeBron’s Personal Life

http://deadspin.com/5810407/stephen-...-personal-life

LEBRON JAMES

Stephen A. Smith’s The One Starting Rumors About LeBron’s Personal Life

Barry PetcheskyIf you tuned in to the ambient noise of the ninth circle of hell this morning, you heard Stephen A. Smith on Mike and Mike talking about LeBron James. And why yes, he did throw some shit at the wall.SportsGrid has the audio, as well as this summary:
    This morning, Smith said that he's "[heard] things" through the "grapevine" of a "personal nature," and it may or may not involve, "somebody other than the player," and it may or may not "have a profound effect on the player," and it has nothing to do with "the game of basketball."
    Smith won't say it, but the Internet will, and it's a very unlikely name being tossed around this time. (And mom isn't involved.)
    So now we have a starting point for the 2011 edition of this column, if it comes to that. It shouldn't, but it probably will, and only because the Heat are two games from elimination. We knew coming into this five-year experiment that it would take just big loss to start the LeBron James doubt machine up again. It didn't matter how much was his fault — any loss automatically becomes about him. And, of course, nebulous off-court business.
    Listen to Smith's comments again. There's no "there" there. There's nothing. There's something he saw online, and grapevines and weasel words and equivocation and rumors ofrumors and zero news, which is what Stephen A. Smith does when he's allowed to talk instead of write. This isn't passing along a rumor: it's starting one, and it's a low blow to bring it up at all to a world hungry for just this kind of bullshit about LeBron James.
    We can't put the genie back by ignoring this:it's too late for that. A loud man, on a hugely popular radio show, talking about the most famous man in sports? It's out there and "legitimate" now. LeBron's personal life belongs to the world now. Go nuts.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Steven A. Smith is on kobe bryant's nuts. even skipp baylor was knocking on him for ass-kissing kobe all the time. probably why hes hating on lebron. "oooh kobe will u text me? ooh pleeassee text me kobbbee... i know you're the best kobe"

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Dang another rumor on bron in the playoffs at the most critical of times, last year he played bad after the mom rumor, Guy can't catch a break.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I thought we knew this already?

He's going to talk more about this on ESPN 1050 at 7pm eastern.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/radio/index

hockey216

hes talking about it live on radio. hes trying to deny that he started rumors. this guy is a joke.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/radio/ne...ork/listenlive

hockey216

this guy is on a screaming rampage because he knows he's in hot water for speculating lebron had personal life issues. He's screaming at the top of his lungs about his qualifications as a black commentator like he's in the black panther party. This guy's a joke. just like many other sports commentators.

Bluehorseshoe

He's got nothing. He's talking in circles and he's acting like he's persecuted by everyone else.

He should be fired for this nonsense.

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

LOL Unlike Donovan McNabb he'll stand up for himself if somebody talks trash about him.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's going off

Bluehorseshoe

He's blaming white people now???

Smith put himself in a corner and now he's trying to misdirect.

hockey216

The guy said Lebron's poor performance in game 4 was becuase of "personal issues." Sure, he didn't cite anything specific. But he said that lebron has personal issues that cause his performance. This is one game. Lebron had 1 game against celts that he scored 15. other games? 22, 35, 33, 35. Blaming "personal issues" for his performance? unsubstantiated. He said anyone who took what he said litterally has no sex life and isn't getting enough. So, you attack the public when you were the one who started the rumor, not them? This guy is a moron and i hope Lebron's publicist calls ESPN and gets steven a smith fired. I'm trying to call the show so i can call him an idiot live on the air, but i keep getting a busy signal.

hockey216

i got on the air! ahhh he cut me off before i could ask what i really want. he said said it again. he said his premature conclusion that it was personal issues was "hearing things from people close to his inner circle" i was about to jump in and say, WHO IN HIS INNER CIRCLE DO YOU KNOW AND WHAT SPECIFICALLY DID THEY SAY? But he cut me off before i could say it.

Bluehorseshoe

Nets guy??

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Smith did accurately predict Lebron to Miami...

hockey216

no i was the Benjamin. i asked him what specifically led him to believe that the dismal performance in game 4 was because of "personal issues". then he says he knows the game, knows lebron, knows ppl in his inner circle... as soon as he said that i meant to jump in and say "WHO IN HIS INNER CIRCLE DO YOU KNOW AND WHAT SPECIFICALLY DID THEY SAY?" but he cut me off first. He knew where i was going with that. he knows he's in hot water. He knew he speculated this without any basis. He knows he can't defend his unsubstantiated speculatory comments. So, he doesn't want to take questions asking him specifics. So, he knew where i was going and he cut me off. Then he just rambles about "ooh everyone blew it up blah blah i know a lot about basketball blah blah". He basically dodged my question. i was asking about the specifics that led him to blame "personal issues".

In other words, when is a bad game just a bad game, and when is it personal issues? Lebron had a 15 pt game in game 3 vs boston, but he also had 3 30+ games. he had bad game 1 against chicago, then had great rest of series. Why wasn't it "personal issues" then? why now?

he knew where i was going with this, and that's why he cut me off right away. because he knows he crafted this "personal issues" theory out of thin air, and with no basis. And he doesn't want to answer any specifics about what specific information led him to blame "personal issues".

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Rashard Lewis fukked Lebrons Girl...

http://hiphopwired.com/2011/06/09/re...lfriend-30097/

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

Lebron goes off tonight...I hope!!!

Shack
    Shack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Thank you Rashard. I'm sure Lebron has mulitiple girlfriends so hopefully someone else gets another one before the next game.