Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Miami will obviously shoot more FTs than the Mavs in the Finals- Who's gonna bitch?

The Heat have 2 of the top 4 guys in the league at drawing fouls and getting to the line consistently (at the top of the nba) for the last 6 years.

It's obvious the Heat will shoot way more free throws in the series than the Mavs. So I'm just wondering which of you are going to bitch about it and say:

"Stern rigging it just like he did in 2006"

just check in now if you're one of those people.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Dude, your team gets more calls then a sex line in the 90's. I love how your trying to convince people its a talent ... would you like people to post some videos of Chris Bosh flopping again ?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Fuk Lebron..

Go Dirk...

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    The Heat have 2 of the top 4 guys in the league at drawing fouls and getting to the line consistently (at the top of the nba) for the last 6 years. It's obvious the Heat will shoot way more free throws in the series than the Mavs. So I'm just wondering which of you are going to bitch about it and say: "Stern rigging it just like he did in 2006" just check in now if you're one of those people.

STFU...D Wade shot 97 free throws in the 06 NBA finals...everyone knows that the 02 and 06 finals were fixed...how else do you explain this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTKxxsDuDas

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas averages 22.5 FTAs a game. Miami gets 28 FTAs. Increased possessions by the star players bump those numbers a bit in the playoffs, but 8-12 more FTAs a game for Miami is probably a fair bet.

Goat, do you have an unlimited ceiling for how many more FTAs the Heat get before you start to see bias? What if the Heat got 25 more FTAs than an opponent? Not trying to provoke. Just asking your opinion what a reasonable number is.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

When you think about it, Bennett Salvatore might be the most valuable player the Miami Heat have ever had

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

free throws huh

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

LeDick will rape Dirk with his all NBA defensive skillz. If he can defend a lightning quick midget like Rose, he can defend slow ass turtle Dirk.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    LeDick will rape Dirk with his all NBA defensive skillz. If he can defend a lightning quick midget like Rose, he can defend slow ass turtle Dirk.
    Dirk is a 7footer with unlimited range.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    Rose can't shoot over Lebron. Dirk can.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

it's gonna be total bullshit.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Hey Goat, did you see the Bosh/Boozer clip?

geist
    geist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Dude, your team gets more calls then a sex line in the 90's. I love how your trying to convince people its a talent ... would you like people to post some videos of Chris Bosh flopping again ?
    So anyone not name Lebron and Wade can drive and create contact just as well if not better?

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

have to root for dallas this time...they got screwed last time...fukk wade.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I won't bi tch about anything unless there is a valid reason to. In 2006, the refs called ridiculously ticky tacky fouls over and over again in games 3-5. They even called a foul on Dirk in the final seconds of game 5 that won it for Miami. I remember the picture on the front of the paper showing Dirk NEVER EVEN TOUCHED DWYANE WADE during the play. The ref called a phantom foul to put Miami ahead 3-2.

People on this site complain about rigged games way too much. You want to see rigged...watch games 3-5 of 2006 NBA finals as an unbiased spectator. You will be amazed.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The NBA is rigged like it or not. It is not the REAL NBA of old, its the new WWF drama filled pathetic Rigged to get more fans=more money NBA. Its funny your already making excuses before it even happens though just to say that you knew it would happen and thats the reason for it ha. No offense but if you cant see the NBA is fixed you really must have something wrong with you, This is america and its all about the mighty dollar. I just love that if the Heat Do happen to win the Championships that it will not be a respectable win whatsoever. It will go down in the history books as one of the most one sided fixed game to ever happen, and it will be in history that Lebron couldnt get a ring by himself so he had to team up with another top 5 player in the league so its a lose lose situation no matter what happens.

geist

quit smoking the conspiracy pipe people.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by geist View Post
    quit smoking the conspiracy pipe people.
    Its not about a conspiracy its a fact dont think that Tim Donaghy was the only one doing what he was doing and even legit refs have said certain calls come down from upper management that they dont want to comment on. Its sad but true 100%. Its all comes down to money, its the american way.

Goat Milk

Suicide

You are looking at regular season. Lebron and Wade's free throws per game go up in the playoffs by about 2-3 nearly every year. That's 24 free throws per game for Wade and James in the finals against a not-so-good defensive team like the Mavs.

The Mavs don't even like to drive the ball, they are a jump shooting team. Your not gonna get pussy calls in the finals

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by twelvejewelz View Post
    The NBA is rigged like it or not. It is not the REAL NBA of old, its the new WWF drama filled pathetic Rigged to get more fans=more money NBA. Its funny your already making excuses before it even happens though just to say that you knew it would happen and thats the reason for it ha. No offense but if you cant see the NBA is fixed you really must have something wrong with you, This is america and its all about the mighty dollar. I just love that if the Heat Do happen to win the Championships that it will not be a respectable win whatsoever. It will go down in the history books as one of the most one sided fixed game to ever happen, and it will be in history that Lebron couldnt get a ring by himself so he had to team up with another top 5 player in the league so its a lose lose situation no matter what happens.
    the NBA of Old? I can make the same case about the series's Jordan won. If you touched Larry Bird in a big game he would get the call if the games on the line he is a hofmer. The playoffs have always been the same. How can you say that? Do you not remember the game 7 last year that was one of the greatest defensive battles ever it was a slugfest

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Suicide

You are looking at regular season. Lebron and Wade's free throws per game go up in the playoffs by about 2-3 nearly every year. That's 24 free throws per game for Wade and James in the finals against a not-so-good defensive team like the Mavs.

The Mavs don't even like to drive the ball, they are a jump shooting team. Your not gonna get pussy calls in the finals
    No, I know. I took the regular season margin of 5.5 and bumped it up for the playoffs. Call it a margin of 10-12 with those two averaging 2-3 more per game than usual. Dirk is going to get calls as well. He's averaging 9/gm in the playoffs and 12/gm in this last series.

So what would you anticipate as a reasonable estimate of FTAs per game per team in the Finals? I'm actually thinking the average will be pretty high, around 55-60 between them, on a total of 194 or so. Something like 35-22 in favour of the Heat wouldn't surprise me.

You're saying the phantom fouls won't happen in the Finals, but they're fair game before then?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

cuban recently invested heavily in dan crawford's business on how to make the correct phantom call video from shark tank, it is already in stores. this time around he has him in his back pocket so you know dallas will be getting the calls. some techniques have been illustrated in the videos as well.

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

Dallas will obviously shoot more 3 pointer's than the Heat in the Finals- Who's gonna bitch?

The Mavs have three of the greatest 3 point shooters in league history in Terry, Peja, Dirk and not to mention Kidd who is in the top 10 in all time makes as well.

geist

If you live and die behind the arc, you are in trouble.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

The Heat barely got passed the Bulls, and the Bulls are a horrible shooting team. Refs can't save their sorry asses from the 3 pointers.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I have no idea why im preaching to your biased mind. Lebron and Wade could go out there with baseball bats and hit people as they drove to the lane and you would complain that the bat hit all ball. Your mindeset is that of a mother watching her child in a beauty pageant.

Everytime somebody drives to the lane, they usually draw contact. The refs decide if the contact was significant or not. Amazingly, almost everytime its Wade or Lebron, teams must go that extra mile and make it significant huh ? They do try and draw the foul, ill give you that. It was hilarious how they kept pump faking in games 1-3 and then would draw the foul. Then in game 5, they would pump fake, then try and draw the foul, but the Bulls werent biting and would step back and it ended up looking like some sort of on court seizure.

That, plus the all of the flops the Heat have done this series. It really gets you excited for the future of the NBA huh ?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post

No, I know. I took the regular season margin of 5.5 and bumped it up for the playoffs. Call it a margin of 10-12 with those two averaging 2-3 more per game than usual. Dirk is going to get calls as well. He's averaging 9/gm in the playoffs and 12/gm in this last series.

So what would you anticipate as a reasonable estimate of FTAs per game per team in the Finals? I'm actually thinking the average will be pretty high, around 55-60 between them, on a total of 194 or so. Something like 35-22 in favour of the Heat wouldn't surprise me.

You're saying the phantom fouls won't happen in the Finals, but they're fair game before then?
    Oh. Got it. I think there will be phantom calls for sure, but I mean just like you said maybe Miami takes 35 free throws one game and Dallas will only take 23. Maybe that happens for more than 1 game of the series and I think its highly probable because Dallas is a jump shooting team at the end of the day. I'm just saying MIami will shoot more free throws, that's a fact. But Dallas already knows that as well. They are not that type of team.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    The Heat barely got passed the Bulls, and the Bulls are a horrible shooting team. Refs can't save their sorry asses from the 3 pointers.
    Well their perimeter defense is much better than anything Dallas has seen. I think the Heat will smother the Mav's perimeter shooters for enough games to eventually win the series.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

You need to watch the game to understand why the free throw distribution is what it is. Too many people just look at the box score and make assumptions. Being a 76ers fan, i watched the first series against Miami and a lot of people around here bitched and moaned about Miami getting all the calls. Sometimes you can make an argument but the reason the Heat shot so many more free throws that series is because they were able to get to the rim at will and the sixers couldn't.