t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Who likes Thunder +6.5 tomorrow night?

Seems like a lot of people are on Dallas to put the series away. I think the Thunder will show some fight and hang in this game until the end. OKC +6.5 looks really good - it will be hard for me to put much on them after i lost huge on that debacle monday night but the Thunder showed in Game 2 that they are capable of outplaying Dallas and they will need a similar effort in this one. The key will be whether or not Harden and some of the other role players can hit shots from the perimeter. When you have two guys like Durant and Westbrook who can attack the rim and attract an extra defender, you need guys who are ready and in position to shoot the 3 ball and OKC has those kinds of players, they just need to use them. It's kinda baffling how little Maynor and Cook have been used considering how effective they were in Game 2. I understand that you don't want to overuse guys like them but they have been nonexistent in Games 3 and 4.
    Last edited by t-wizzle; 05-24-11 at 11:36 PM.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

6 1/2 is enough for me- have to take that number.

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8030

I would check on OKC psyche to make sure it won't be like Lakers. I don't expect my Bulls to check out though it is a different situation and I know them well, but OKC might be different. Otherwise I expect Dallas to take it easy until the end, which will keep the game close.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really wont touch it, If RW plays like a true PG they can possibly not only get the cover but win but if he tries to play hero they are done for. He played good for the first 44 minutes and played his position but all that mattered were the last few minutes IMO that ruined it chucking up shot after shot like that. I really think thats what it will come down to at this point with this team. If you notice when RW starts to try to play take over durant will just stand there and seem to almost give up. No play for me because i dont trust RW.

legendmatt34
    legendmatt34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

No shot.. they gave up

stuntin909
    stuntin909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

not i. they r done

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by twelvejewelz View Post
    I really wont touch it, If RW plays like a true PG they can possibly not only get the cover but win but if he tries to play hero they are done for. He played good for the first 44 minutes and played his position but all that mattered were the last few minutes IMO that ruined it chucking up shot after shot like that. I really think thats what it will come down to at this point with this team. If you notice when RW starts to try to play take over durant will just stand there and seem to almost give up. No play for me because i dont trust RW.
    Whose fault is that? Durant needs to grow the fukk up. He's like a little kid out there, he sulks around when things don't go right. It's not Westbrook's fault that Durant is too weak to get himself open in a good position.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Feel free to tell me how dumb I am but I might take OKC ML?

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Dallas to finish the series but I'll take the points.

jacer333
    jacer333's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nah, OKC has not given up. These kids will fight until they aren't allowed on the court anymore. These guys won't quit after the support the OKC fans showed, even after the meltdown. KD & the crew will give it their all to get this series back to OKC for one more game. I was really hoping to see a line higher than this to play OKC, but still like 6.5.

t-wizzle

I bet on the Thunder big in a must-win game and it backfired (even though it looked like a great play for almost the entire game). Now i'm thinking about betting on them in a "nothing-to-lose" type of a game. When you consider how young they are, this might be the better situation.

Got a lot more to consider but right now i like OKC.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

T-Wizz the last point you brought up is a really good one and I was also burned the other night so I'm a bit weary to give it another go. None the less I really don't need much convincing or people telling me how dumb I am, I'm on OKC +11.5 in a teaser from tonight and will take the points plus a small bit on the ML.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

dallas wins and goes to the finals

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Really reaching and looking to be some pseudo sharp contrarian playing OKC here. Notice you don't have a single reason to take them, just you "think they will show some fight".

Hmm, a team full of 22 year olds coming off the worst choke in history, with a clueless 3rd year head coach, clueless PG, and a star who cannot create shots, is a good bet against the most resilient team ever, full of vets, with a seasoned coach, with a star who takes over games at will, at home, with a chance to go to finals..

Dallas or pass.

jacer333
    jacer333's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    dallas wins and goes to the finals
    Probably, but the debate here is a 6.5 line. Dallas can do all of that while still having a winning OKC play

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

i knew u would

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

My concern backing OKC would be, like Lakers series game 4, Dallas start with some early good shooting this one could get really ugly. I'm going to live bet this one again, wait for a DAL -2/3 or OKC +10 type of line as both are +EV. I agree that OKC won't lay down and die, they haven't all season and I can't seem them doing so now.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Thunder will give everything they've got to force and WIN a game 6 for the fans in okc. I'm taking the points

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Whose fault is that? Durant needs to grow the fukk up. He's like a little kid out there, he sulks around when things don't go right. It's not Westbrook's fault that Durant is too weak to get himself open in a good position.
    Its not about whose fault is it or isnt its about the fact that if it happens OKC loses. GL im staying away though.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'll try OKC ML

BallHog
    BallHog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

Instant fade unless u wann lose $$ !

jashtonrich
    im back
    jashtonrich's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4929

i like alot of things but this isnt one of them

kaijunn
    kaijunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1361

after seeing KD's body language from the press conference, it looks like they've given up. they were winning for 3 and a half quarters in game 4 but still...i see a blowout from the Mavs like they did to the Lakers.

Degenerate
    Degenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

I think OKC are done.
    I would only bet the Mavs or pass.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

After watching that meltdown on their home court I don't think many people will have any faith left in the thunder. They blew a 15 point lead in 4 fricken minutes!!! That is one of the worst collapses I've ever seen.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

G2 was Thunder at their best and the zebras backing them up.

Don't see a repeat of G2 and I think the zebras and the books have given up on them. G3 and G4 was clearly fixed for Thunder to win and they choked. Twice. Unbelievable. -400 Westbrook gets traded by next season.

The team doesn't have the chemistry. There are some horrible mismatches that the Mavs have capitalized on (uh... hello Perkins, meet Dirk The Shepard Nowitzki). They lock down Durant and let Westbrook take all the dumb jump shots he wants... why? Because he SUCKS (well, he's choking right now) and the O-coordinator doesn't have a fckin clue or he's getting paid by Cuban.

This team is a mess. And it's sad too because they're a likeable team and I'd love to see Oklahoma City win one Championship this century.

But it ain't going to happen.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

At this point I would not bet on the Thunder, but at the same time 6.5 points is a lot. I think Dallas ML is the play.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Can just picture Durant walking up to the podium with his stupid backpack again

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

Durant will drop 35 in Dallas tomorrow

A bad game for Durant is scoring 29 on 22 shot attempts. Westbrook gets 19 with the same amount of shot attempts and thats a decent game for him. He doesn't understand the POINT guard position. Most of this is Scott Brooks's fault. Guy is a terrible coach. Simple errors. When Dirk hits 5 straight shots over Collison even though he's playing good D its time to give Dirk a different look on defense. Doesn't understand how to draw up plays or effective rotations.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

This will be similar to game 1. OKC hang around for a while then the Mavs will pull away.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Durant will drop 35 in Dallas tomorrow

A bad game for Durant is scoring 29 on 22 shot attempts. Westbrook gets 19 with the same amount of shot attempts and thats a decent game for him. He doesn't understand the POINT guard position. Most of this is Scott Brooks's fault. Guy is a terrible coach. Simple errors. When Dirk hits 5 straight shots over Collison even though he's playing good D its time to give Dirk a different look on defense. Doesn't understand how to draw up plays or effective rotations.
    He made the right decision in Game 2 but i don't think he's a good coach either. Agree with you 100% on Collison. I give Collison a lot of credit, he's played his ass off this entire series. No one has stopped Dirk all postseason but at some point you gotta throw another guy on him - they have so many options. Ibaka and Durant have the length to guard him, even Sefolosha from time to time although Dirk would be able to exploit his height advantage.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

once all the sellers are fed up on okc is exactly when you wanna buy. good luck!

IamAmonkey
    IamAmonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

goin with the mavs tonight..i think okc got beat up in the last game..go mavs

t-wizzle

One thing i will say is that i don't see the Thunder winning this game which is why i won't go very big on this play.

asjulian
    asjulian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

thunder going to win. they will come out super focused proving to everyone that they can make it a series

12 Last