Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Can't Wait for Mavs Over Heat in 6

Split first two @ Miami
    Mavs take 2 of 3 at home
    Mavs close out in 6

Mavs are one of the best road teams in history. 4 wins in a row close out @ Portland, 2 @ LA, @ OKC (took best crowd right out of it). 6-0 ATS on road this postseason.

Mavs have an undying resolve. How many teams would win 7 playoff games in a row after blowing a 20 point 4th quarter lead? How many would come back down 16 in 2nd half @ Lakers to win and then sweep?

Miami has one of the worst crowds of the playoffs. They're more spoiled and disinterested than LA fans. Will sit on their hands whole game and get up for 5 seconds to cheer during a big run.

Coaching? 10 year coach with 3 Conference Finals appearances over a 3 year coach who gets ran over by own players because they have zero respect for him and says things like "stay the course" over and over again as if it profoundly inspires his players. I'll trust the former, Carlisle, when it comes to making key adjustments and sending the message to players.

Heat literally have 3 players worth a shit, others are just fillers. Non-big 3 players had 23 points tonight. Watch them on offense and it's a joke. Just iso James, Wade, set up Bosh. Their next important player is Haslem, a guy who's played 7 minutes since November. He's supposed to be reliable through an entire nother series?

Compare that to Mavs with Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Peja, Barea, Chandler, Marion, Stevenson, Haywood. All guys who contribute greatly every night on both sides. They move ball great, watch Dirk recognize double team and hit the open guy every time. Dirk, Kidd, Peja, Chandler, Marion are all 10 year vets who've been deep in the playoffs.

I'll take a team with a rock solid identity, undying resolve, and great talent over a team with 3 players thrown together in one season. Don't even compare Celtics or Bulls to Mavs, cause THIS year it's not even comparable.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

yer outta yer effin gourd

geist
    geist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Split first two @ Miami
    Mavs take 2 of 3 at home
    Mavs close out in 6

Mavs are one of the best road teams in history. 4 wins in a row close out @ Portland, 2 @ LA, @ OKC (took best crowd right out of it). 6-0 ATS on road this postseason.

Mavs have an undying resolve. How many teams would win 7 playoff games in a row after blowing a 20 point 4th quarter lead? How many would come back down 16 in 2nd half @ Lakers to win and then sweep?

Miami has one of the worst crowds of the playoffs. They're more spoiled and disinterested than LA fans. Will sit on their hands whole game and get up for 5 seconds to cheer during a big run.

Coaching? 10 year coach with 3 Conference Finals appearances over a 3 year coach who gets ran over by own players because they have zero respect for him and says things like "stay the course" over and over again as if it profoundly inspires his players. I'll trust the former, Carlisle, when it comes to making key adjustments and sending the message to players.

Heat literally have 3 players worth a shit, others are just fillers. Non-big 3 players had 23 points tonight. Watch them on offense and it's a joke. Just iso James, Wade, set up Bosh. Their next important player is Haslem, a guy who's played 7 minutes since November. He's supposed to be reliable through an entire nother series?

Compare that to Mavs with Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Peja, Barea, Chandler, Marion, Stevenson, Haywood. All guys who contribute greatly every night on both sides. They move ball great, watch Dirk recognize double team and hit the open guy every time. Dirk, Kidd, Peja, Chandler, Marion are all 10 year vets who've been deep in the playoffs.

I'll take a team with a rock solid identity, undying resolve, and great talent over a team with 3 players thrown together in one season. Don't even compare Celtics or Bulls to Mavs, cause THIS year it's not even comparable.

Whippit

I seriously worry about what kind of drugs this guy is on

calling all designated drivers

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4771

Just say it, it is because the Mavs went 2-0 in the regular season against the Heat.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

you mean thunder vs heat ?

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Split first two @ Miami
    Mavs take 2 of 3 at home
    Mavs close out in 6

This

Sunde91

Most resilient team in history.

Doubters buried.
    Haters buried.
    Faders buried.

Heat

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FilletMaster View Post
    you mean thunder vs heat ?
    lose

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Yeah everyone gave me the same reasons for the Boston Heat series.

Heat in 6 or 7. Mavs are tough though. It will not be easy. Don't be so naive. Miami has 2 of the greatest 25 players in NBA history on one team, who are currently two of the best four best players in the world on both defensive and offensive ends of the floor.

Goat Milk

Dallas is clearly the better offensive team. Miami is much better defensively and its not even close. Defense usually wins championships, but not always.

top310
    top310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2518

Got 4 dimes to win 11 on Dallas
    not hedging one bit

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas is clearly the better team but remember that the refs will help the Heat...

Especially if Bennett Salvatore is reffing...do I have to remind you about 5 yrs ago

top310

Yes refs are my ONLY concern

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by top310 View Post
    Yes refs are my ONLY concern
    Yeah and the Mavs are not nearly as good defensively and its not even close

top310

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Yeah and the Mavs are not nearly as good defensively and its not even close

How is it not even close look up the stats

Sunde91

It's clear MIA/CHI goes to 7 if Bulls didn't have ZERO shooters or anyone who can create a shot outside rose, or if Rose doesn't take 2 dumb shots. Mavs will be best offensive team by a wide margin that Heat have seen.

Goat Miami has edge in D, but it isn't "not even close". Miami has played weak Offenses in Boston and CHI, both bottom 20 in O. Dallas is 10th in D to Miami's 6th. Dallas turned the D on against one of the best O's in league on OKC in game 3 and shut them down to 87 points and then 4 points in last 10 minutes last night. Dallas held 8th O of Lakers to 88 points in series.

Dallas has the shooters and shot creators/facilitators that will be the difference in victory, exactly where CHI lacked.

Whippit

hold up tonto, Dallas still ain't made it outta the west

forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Dude, I'm with you 100% on your assessment. Hell, I put $50 on Mavs to win title back in February getting +1500 odds when they were killing everyone, home and on the road. And I believe the Dallas defense is worthy of stopping Heat's three key players. Any team that can quiet L.A., Portland, and Okl City - all extremely tough arenas to play in on the road - can take it to the Heat and their 8-0 home playoffs record. Miami knows what's in store.

You call the series in six games. I see that as a realistic goal. I'd love to see a Dallas sweep but that probably won't happen. But I really believe the Mavs exact revenge this year. Dirk and Kidd will finally get their much-deserved rings. True talent, teamwork, depth and belief will win over a superstar roster and crooked refs in my opinion. Best of luck to us!

Sunde91

Two warrior teams (one being a pos frontrunner team though) set for greatness

Boston: old, one-armed PG, past their time, shit offense
    Chicago: young, little experience, played two cupcakes in first round and got ambushed in ECF, shit offense

Dallas has what's missing: offense. Plus experience, and a greater postseason resume w/ resolve.

Miami also has the D that OKC didn't.

Fate of the free world on Mavs shoulders here.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Mavs over Heat is a nice thought--hard to tell right now-considering everything except home court - this is a toss up.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11210

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post
    Dallas is clearly the better team but remember that the refs will help the Heat...

Especially if Bennett Salvatore is reffing...do I have to remind you about 5 yrs ago
    this series will be decided by the refs and i think it's been well documented what side the refs will be on. Heat in 6, unfortunately.

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Quote Originally Posted by blackbox View Post
    Mavs over Heat is a nice thought--hard to tell right now-considering everything except home court - this is a toss up.
    Vegas disagrees with you.

Even if Dallas had homecourt Vegas would have made Miami a -170 favorite.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Why is Miami such a favorite? I like the Mavs. Dirk wants revenge for 2006. Heat win the first 2 games and then Dallas wins the next 4.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
    Dirk wants revenge for 2006.
    Yeah, I'm sure that is his motivation in this series.

Heat in 6.

Pajda
    Pajda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

First time in my life I'm going to cheer for Mavs

tonyp0387
    tonyp0387's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

Whats the series price??

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

same page Sunde.

going with the ml in game 1 instead of +4.5. Might put a little on 4.5 just for insurance, but feel like all the value on mavs ml

plzkthx
    plzkthx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Just say it, it is because the Mavs went 2-0 in the regular season against the Heat.
    hmmm boston/bulls both beat the heat in the regular season, and look what happen.

I want to say Heat is going to sweep! But I feel game 5, Heat wins the big one.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by plzkthx View Post
    hmmm boston/bulls both beat the heat in the regular season, and look what happen.
    That was the point I was making.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I'd like to take the Mavs, but this series is just like all the others: Miami will have the overall better players on the court at all times throughout the series. Dirk may rank up there in the same elite category with LeBron, but Wade and even Bosh are better than anyone else on the Mavs' roster.

Raider3
    Raider3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

I'm with you on this one. Dallas in 6.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13485

Stopped ready after you said they dont respect the coach. Game 4 was probably the best coaching job I have ever seen in my life. How he went tall and took out Wade for over 5 minutes because isolation plays weren't working, by the team Wade was back it was near the end of the game and everyone on the Bulls was tired and you saw how the end of that game went.

DANO74
    DANO74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2455

I am pulling for the Mavs but I see Miami winning in 6.

12 Last