TheThreeKings
    TheThreeKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Kobe makes all-defensive first team

What an absolute mockery of this award. Kobe's defense was nowhere near top's in the league this year, he is simply receiving votes out of reputation and prior accomplishments. To take him over Tony Allen or Dwayne Wade (just to name 2) is a joke.

Equally indefensible, Derrick Rose received a few first-team votes as well.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Kobe couldnt stop a fly in the playoffs. Too exhaustive but Id like to know what 2-guards averaged against the Lakers this year.

TheThreeKings

Unfortunately the all-defensive teams have really become the "allstars who can also play defense" teams. Sure, some guys like Howard, Lebron, and CP3 (to name a few) are legitimately deserving, but there are plenty of lesser stars who are truly great defenders that don't get mentioned. How about Kyle Lowry? Thabo Sefolosha? Joel Anthony? Shane Battier? Kirk Hinrich?

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

yea no way i can put kobe here...

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Scroll to the bottom of this link you will see who the site regarded as the best by position.
    http://www.basketballprospectus.com/...articleid=1639

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by JNic View Post
    yea no way i can put kobe here...
    He's probably only third best on his own team!

str8upslik
    str8upslik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

yeah i dont think i can agree completely with the decision made here...it does seem more than a bit sketchy that kokbe won a defensive award, especially considering the alternatives,i think im just gonna assume that the league gave up on trying to find a no-name that truly deserves it

TheThreeKings

I think a change in who votes for these awards is needed.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

joke

top310
    top310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2518

Yup no hate on Kobe but thats a joke

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Bro Rondo over Dwayne Wade? A guy that had all the defensive plays this year. Averages more rebounds than any player his height in the entire league. Averages more blocks and steals per game than any player his height in NBA History. Averages more blocks than Lebron who is 5 inches taller than him.

Rondo is a gambler on defense, a steals guy, He can't lock down anyone on the perimeter. Bullshit. Wade didn't even make 2nd team defense. What a fukin shame, the NBA is all over Lebron's and Bryant's and Garnett's dicks. Unbelievable. Wade probably won't even make 1st team all nba with these clowns voting. What a disgrace. The guy is gonna go down as one of the top 15 players of all time when its all said and done and they want to give 1st team nba to 1 season wonders like Derick Rose.

You know Kobe Dwight Rose Lebron are all locks for all nba 1st team. What a shame if wade did not make it.

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Bro Rondo over Dwayne Wade? A guy that had all the defensive plays this year. Averages more rebounds than any player his height in the entire league. Averages more blocks and steals per game than any player his height in NBA History. Averages more blocks than Lebron who is 5 inches taller than him.

Rondo is a gambler on defense, a steals guy, He can't lock down anyone on the perimeter. Bullshit. Wade didn't even make 2nd team defense. What a fukin shame, the NBA is all over Lebron's and Bryant's and Garnett's dicks. Unbelievable. Wade probably won't even make 1st team all nba with these clowns voting. What a disgrace. The guy is gonna go down as one of the top 15 players of all time when its all said and done and they want to give 1st team nba to 1 season wonders like Derick Rose.

You know Kobe Dwight Rose Lebron are all locks for all nba 1st team. What a shame if wade did not make it.
    Wade is a great defender, for sure, but he is also very much a gambler.

TheThreeKings

Also, I'm pretty sure they try to keep true positions on the all-defensive team (i.e. Wade couldn't have made it over Rondo being that he's a SG)