I_WILL_WIN
    I_WILL_WIN's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mavericks vs. OKC/MEM

I am tired of people saying, "Are the Lakers done? Can they come back? etc" and the answer to that question is: YES, the Lakers are toast. PERIOD.

Now on to the next question for the Mavericks.

How difficult will it be for the Mavericks to either beat Oklahoma City or Memphis in the next series to go on to the NBA Championship? Oklahoma City has looked really good all season long winning 55 games for the season and Memphis has looked really tough in the playoffs taking out the number one seed San Antonio Spurs. The series is tied at 1-1 with the next game being Friday. I can easily see this series going 7 games while the Mavericks will have short work with the Lakers (possibly a sweep if not winning in game 5/6) so that will be a huge advantage for the Mavericks. I personally think Memphis will win the series against OKC to take on the Mavericks, but it will go to game 7.

In my opinion, I can see the Mavericks going to the NBA Championship.

squid44
    squid44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

I could see them making it there too, especially since they will be beating the lakers. Should they beat the lakers (and I think they will), I think that is one of their bigger steps- it will give them the confidence they need to take out any team this year (except the heat possibly!!). They certainly have a good shot of at least MAKING it to the championship.