cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Grizzlies/Thunder game 2 - Why take the under?

The lowest total number of points between these two teams during the season was 206. In five games they've averaged 210.6 points scored and they just matched the highest scoring game between them in game 1 (215 points). So....

Who's taking the under 198.5 for game 2 and why? I looked at the total for game 1 and I couldn't figure it out, how the books getting balanced action on such a low number?

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

Because people think since it's the playoffs, games will be more lower scoring than they were in the regular season and bet accordingly.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

The totals went way beyond the posted total for game 1 so you think vegas is going to open their lines for game 2 at a high number in the 200 like the denver and okc games? I don't think so. If they do, you then have a word about playing the under.

Each teams when playing each other can post up 100+ points. Why go under you say?

Did westbrooke got 29 or close to 30? Did durant hit 30+? When they do, that scoring is going to hit sky high. Are they going to continue to hit in their 30's in the next game? You think zebo is going to post another record scoring in the playoff for himself?

You think memphis will be as dominated and putting up 50+ points in the paint again? You think OKC is going to adjust this or is history going to repeats itself in game 1?

What kind of stats and figures do you need to forecast this? I seriously don't know but I'm working on it. I'm too busy looking into tomorrows game than to think about this okc/memphis game or celtics/heats game.

Over is the play for the last 6 games in a row by memphis/okc. In the last 6 games in a row by these goonies, they posted up 100+ points by both squads each. Why should it change now?

If you cash on the game 1 over, that was a freebie for real. Totals posted at 194.5? ha ha ha ha ha ha Too bad, my sat night was busy or else I would have been on the over in that game 1. For some reason, my head thought that sunday, only celtics/heats game was the only game playing. LOL

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Because 20 points in the last minute of a game is an outlier. You can take a good 10 points off game 1's total for capping purposes. With a spread of 6.5 the lines makers don't expect a close game and thus don't expect a ton of foul's/points closing out the game.