brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Why Are People Panicking About Chicago Bulls???

in 2008, when Boston won the title, they had a very close tough 1st round series

hell, look all throughout history, many championship teams have had very tough matchups in the first round and even second round before winning the whole thing

how impressive you look early in the playoffs has never been an important indicator of playoff success in the NBA

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

They're up 3-0. I don't see panic. They're still my favorite to win the East.

The only tough East series is really Orlando-Atlanta right now. The others are pretty much decided.

eatdust11
    eatdust11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Agree that there shouldn't be panic

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

most NBA games are decided by 10 points or less. Blow outs are rare.

The difference between a 62 win team and a 37 win team is that the 62 win team knows how to close out a game in the final minutes. We've seen this all year long from the Bulls, it should come as no surprise to anybody who's been following this team.

if anything, Bulls fans should be happy. Bulls are playing bad and Pacers are playing great, hard, even a little dirty. And they still can't beat us. Frank Vogel sounds like he wants to cry in every post-game press conference.

Game 4 will be an even bigger bloody dog fight than the first 3 games have been

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I'm in 100% agreement here. The Bulls just need to close out this series (hopefully Saturday) without any casualties and get mentally prepared for the next rounds. This series so far is proof that they're not in here to cover spreads but to win the game. Nothing to worry about yet folks.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

People aren't "panicking" because the games have been close, they're panicking because the Bulls haven't played solid ball yet. Its not that Indy is playing out of their minds good, its that the Bulls are playing down to their level.

Of course this doesn't mean anything in regards to the next series (directly, at least), but Bulls fans have to be concerned with the poor play by a few key players (notably, Boozer). If it wasn't for Korver draining all but one 3 this series and Rose getting to the free throw line 16 times per game, they'd be down 3-0. That has to be concerning, right? Just like the Cs inability to close out the Knicks when Amare went down was concerning for Cs fans

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

whos really panicking? I think they make it to the finals. A win is a win who cares what the margin is

chantrain

Celtics are known for playing close, tough games in series 1 too though. Remember Bulls vs eltics last year? that went 7 games. This'll be over in 4. the thing is, Celtics win the tough games at the end. Thats what makes a great team.

yes, Boozer playing badly is a concern. But honestly this is probably just a bad match up for the Bulls. Pacers are deep, theyre good offensively, they have length and theyre playing like kamikazes right now, throwing elbows and flopping hard and whatnot, anything they can do to try and win.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    Celtics are known for playing close, tough games in series 1 too though. Remember Bulls vs eltics last year? that went 7 games. This'll be over in 4. the thing is, Celtics win the tough games at the end. Thats what makes a great team.

yes, Boozer playing badly is a concern. But honestly this is probably just a bad match up for the Bulls. Pacers are deep, theyre good offensively, they have length and theyre playing like kamikazes right now, throwing elbows and flopping hard and whatnot, anything they can do to try and win.
    Celtics didn't play the Bulls last year...

And cmon now, throwing elbows and flopping hard? Because Noah, Boozer, and Rose never do that?

Pacers are playing well, Bulls are finishing games strong, and Rose is playing well enough to give them that chance

san2c
    san2c's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

3-0 omg panic panic panic. no seriously theyre fine, pacers match up well and are playing good ball. the only player i am worried about is boozer. hes been cold but i think he will get it together, hopefully sooner rather than later

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Celtics didn't play the Bulls last year...

And cmon now, throwing elbows and flopping hard? Because Noah, Boozer, and Rose never do that?

Pacers are playing well, Bulls are finishing games strong, and Rose is playing well enough to give them that chance

no, Noah, Boozer and Rose never do that. I know my team, i know who flops on my team and who doesnt. Kurt Thomas and Asik are our floppers.

Rose, Noah and Boozer never flop.

chantrain

this was the scene after the game yesterday, outside the Pacers home stadium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDFfJ...mbedded#at=180

about 1,000 Bulls fans and one lonely Pacer fan, lol

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I don't think the Bulls will be in the finals, but I said that months ago and not based on this series.
    What you also need to realize is that Boston had 3 of the top 20 players in the league in 2008. The Bulls have a 3rd year superstar named Rose, a rookie head coach (which is very different than being an assistant coach), and an offense that heavily relies on that 3rd year superstar.. In a game 6 or 7 vs Boston or Miami, I will go with the team whose players made deep playoff runs and have championship experience... IMO, the Bulls are just not ready yet.. Kinda like how Cleveland wasn't ready the last 2 years, Miami wasn't ready in 2005, and Dallas, well they never seem to be ready..

chantrain

I think we have a good chance, just looking at future matchups. I'm not saying we will kill the Heat, but we match up well with them. Our PG is better, our bench is more productive, our rebounding is better and our centers are better.

Muggy
    Muggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 344

The media needs something to talk about, and so here we are, the panic gets louder.