koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Why Do People Expect The Knicks To Make A Series Out Of It

When I saw the opening line for the Celtics-Knicks series, I was expecting something such as -700 for the Celtics. When it was actually in the -300s, I was shocked. I mean, the Celtics may have issues heading in the post-season. But this is the best matchup for them. The Knicks are defensively lacking. Whereas, the Celtics are strong on defense and are certainly capable of putting up the points on the Knicks. Also, the Celtics are like 18-2 in their last 20 games with the Knicks, are notorious for stepping up their game in post-season, and even might get a bolster from the return of Shaq in the series.

The odds just seem odd. The Knicks are still a year or two away. They probably got weaker with the Carmelo trade this year. They got two superstars and a fairly weak supporting cast. The Celtics got superstars, a wealth of experience, home court, a stylistic edge, a coaching edge, and depth.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

couldn't agree more

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

People are giving the knicks a chance because of how poorly Boston played down the stretch. If they closed out strong the line would be indicative of their form in previous seasons. Some people actually believe Boston shot themselves in the foot when they traded away their post defender. I happen to believe the knicks have a small chance of an upset and expect them to win at least 2 games. This would be a very big upset, but it has the best chance in the eastern conferences first rounds. I mean I don't expect the knicks to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I think the Knicks will snag 2 from them maybe 3

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Amare and Carmelo also have quite a bit of playoff experience too. Probably going to stay away from the spread on this series.

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

knicks wont win take the celtics, unless the Celtics fall apart completely there should be no problems, Boston has the better team

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed. New York's style plays right into the hands of the Celtics. -350 is crazy IMO. Celtics in 5 or 6.

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8018

Only because of how the Celtics have struggled since trading Perkins. They will definitely get a stiff test in round 2, but Knicks should not be good enough to win this. Very few good teams in the playoffs this yr.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I don't trust the celtics to win consistently anymore and Melo makes those game winning single dribble jumpers look routine. I'd say he's the top closer in the league right now

but I do think the celtics will win it. Just wouldn't bet on it

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea i hate to say it, but the celtics will have to fight it out, they've been bad. celtics in 6 or 7. why can't they get their groove, i loved them in the finals last year that was awesome.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

Like the price on the Celtics as well; it might go six but no further.

TGHMak
    Update your status
    TGHMak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Definitely the best series pick for the first round